Trump will be Making a Major Mistake if he Blocks Comey's Testimony this week.

Why would Comey confide in Sessions? That would be foolish, Sessions is a tool and that is the only reason he was nominated by Trump.

Comey was collecting evidence, there is no statute of limitations on an investigation, taking notes and investigating have two mutually exclusive goals: Exculpate or Incriminate.

Echoing the meme Comey was required to report on this investigation is ridiculous. Prove me wrong!

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,
I was so looking forward for the Russian agent to invoke executive privilege against Congress for Comey's testimony. I was looking forward to a crushing defeat by the courts in his attempt to silence a private citizen's right to redress the rants of a tyrant wannabe

You kids with your boogie man stories are just darling. Seriously, it's just so cute. Keep the derangement up cupcake.

HYPOCRISY + A LACK OF SUBSTANCE X AD HOMINEMS = TOTAL BULLSHIT

When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo, wishful thinking and adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5.......if short, bully shit, then bullshit is the only thing I can respond to. It seems to be the only thing the "resistance" understands.

Odd that you'd use this pharse - "When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo..." - since I've described the new right, aka the crazy right wing, as the group who posts lies, half-truths, rumor, innunoes and character assassination in place of reality, and have posted it dozens of times over the years.
You forget alt right

Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

Monday that it's still not clear whether Trump will assert his executive privilege to prevent former FBI Director James Comey from testifying in the Senate on Thursday.
Kellyanne Conway: Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

People on the fence will see that Trump does indeed have something to hide..

But then again I wouldn't be shocked to see the excuses ...lol

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Trump use Executive Priviledge, but the blowback would be YUUUUUGE.

Since this has turned into a Criminal Investigation, I am wondering how much Comey will be able to testify too. Apparently Comey did meet with the Special Prosecutor, Robert Mueller, to discuss what he can and cannot disclose.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/

It seems that you on the left are HOPING that Comey's getting fired will prompt him to change his testimony! You aren't seeking the truth...you're hoping Comey harbors a grudge against Trump and changes his prior testimony. I don't think it's going to happen. I think Comey will at days end simply admit that although he may have felt pressured by Trump that the President didn't order him to stop the investigation.

Straw man built with wet straw wrapped in asbestos is as dumb as your 2 + 2 can't = 5.

Comey has not testified, yet; so he can't change it and I can't hope that he does. Do you ever think and read your comments before posting them?

Comey testified back in March, Catcher! During that testimony he said the following: "COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience."

So would you like to explain why Comey would make THAT statement under oath before the Senate Judiciary Committee if Trump had told him to stop investigating Flynn?
Do you ever stop lying, ya con tool?

Ever??

When Comey said that, it was in response to being asked if anyone at the Department of Justice had ever tried to get the FBI to drop an investigation. You can't lie now and pretend like Trump works at the Department of Justice or that the Department of Justice wasn't what Comey was asked about.

He didn't specify...he simply said that in his experience nobody had told the FBI to stop investigating something for political reasons....which is EXACTLY what you snowflakes have accused Donald Trump of doing!

Once again...if one of you would like to take a crack at explaining why a boy scout like Comey wouldn't have gone to the Justice Department to lodge complaint if Trump actually HAD ordered him to stop investigating the "Russia" thing...I'd love to hear it!

If Trump really did what you claim he did then Comey's duty is to report that IMMEDIATELY to the Attorney General because the President has attempted to obstruct justice! Comey didn't do that because it's obvious he didn't feel that Trump DID tell him to stop investigating Flynn!

Comey's been at the FBI for three presidents. Sessions was a Trump appointed AG, so reporting it to Sessions, is like reporting evidence of russian collusion to the Russian ambassador. Comey wrote memo's that others at the FBI reported seeing.

If it happened...you report it to the Attorney General! If he does nothing with it then you go to Congress and testify to them about it happening! Comey did neither! Why?

It seems that you on the left are HOPING that Comey's getting fired will prompt him to change his testimony! You aren't seeking the truth...you're hoping Comey harbors a grudge against Trump and changes his prior testimony. I don't think it's going to happen. I think Comey will at days end simply admit that although he may have felt pressured by Trump that the President didn't order him to stop the investigation.

Why was Trump warning Comey about his having a tape of the converstion. What is trump worried about?
Trump is worried people might believe Comey over his lying ass

I don't think Trump is worried about what Comey will testify about at all, Ed. My guess is that he'll testify that Trump asked him about what the status was in the investigation.

As for why Trump is reminding Comey that there might be a tape of their conversation? If in fact he did so...it's because he wants Comey to know that Comey's notes aren't the only means of determining what took place.

Why was Trump warning Comey about his having a tape of the converstion. What is trump worried about?

I don't think Trump is worried about what Comey will testify about at all, Ed. My guess is that he'll testify that Trump asked him about what the status was in the investigation.

As for why Trump is reminding Comey that there might be a tape of their conversation? If in fact he did so...it's because he wants Comey to know that Comey's notes aren't the only means of determining what took place.
Old you could be right but I really believe information that won't set trump in a good light is on its way You don't fk over some one and not expect to get it back in spades

Straw man built with wet straw wrapped in asbestos is as dumb as your 2 + 2 can't = 5.

Comey has not testified, yet; so he can't change it and I can't hope that he does. Do you ever think and read your comments before posting them?

Comey testified back in March, Catcher! During that testimony he said the following: "COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience."

So would you like to explain why Comey would make THAT statement under oath before the Senate Judiciary Committee if Trump had told him to stop investigating Flynn?

Ever??

When Comey said that, it was in response to being asked if anyone at the Department of Justice had ever tried to get the FBI to drop an investigation. You can't lie now and pretend like Trump works at the Department of Justice or that the Department of Justice wasn't what Comey was asked about.

He didn't specify...he simply said that in his experience nobody had told the FBI to stop investigating something for political reasons....which is EXACTLY what you snowflakes have accused Donald Trump of doing!

Once again...if one of you would like to take a crack at explaining why a boy scout like Comey wouldn't have gone to the Justice Department to lodge complaint if Trump actually HAD ordered him to stop investigating the "Russia" thing...I'd love to hear it!

Ever??

This is what Comey was asked, which is what he responded to...

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

Old you could be right but I really believe information that won't set trump in a good light is on its way You don't fk over some one and not expect to get it back in spades

I suppose that depends on how you define "fucking someone over", Ed! When you're the boss and you let someone go because in your opinion they haven't done a good job...it's part of what you DO as a boss! That goes for the manager of your local McDonald's...to the CEO of General Motors...right up to the President of the United States. Quite frankly I'm amused by you folks on the left that thought Comey was the worst FBI Director EVER when he dropped that bombshell about reopening the investigation into Hillary's emails two weeks before the election but now see him as persecuted! If he sucked to you guys THEN...and he sucked to Donald Trump NOW...then it's obvious he wasn't doing a great job. So why all the angst because he got fired?

Ever??

Ever??

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

So you think he forgot about Trump asking him to stop investigating something for political reasons when he answered that question? He replied to Ms. Hirono's question quite plainly...that it hadn't happened in his experience!

Ever??

Ever??

So you think he forgot about Trump asking him to stop investigating something for political reasons when he answered that question? He replied to Ms. Hirono's question quite plainly...that it hadn't happened in his experience!
No, I know he wasn't asked about Trump.

Ever??

If Trump really did what you claim he did then Comey's duty is to report that IMMEDIATELY to the Attorney General because the President has attempted to obstruct justice! Comey didn't do that because it's obvious he didn't feel that Trump DID tell him to stop investigating Flynn!

Comey's been at the FBI for three presidents. Sessions was a Trump appointed AG, so reporting it to Sessions, is like reporting evidence of russian collusion to the Russian ambassador. Comey wrote memo's that others at the FBI reported seeing.

If it happened...you report it to the Attorney General! If he does nothing with it then you go to Congress and testify to them about it happening! Comey did neither! Why?

{Ahem}

'Total nonsense': Legal experts debunk 'uninformed' theory that Comey could be subject to legal jeopardy for withholding memo

Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

Monday that it's still not clear whether Trump will assert his executive privilege to prevent former FBI Director James Comey from testifying in the Senate on Thursday.
Kellyanne Conway: Trump will make 'final decision' on whether to block Comey's testimony

People on the fence will see that Trump does indeed have something to hide..

But then again I wouldn't be shocked to see the excuses ...lol

a lib talking about something to hide- priceless....

Trump has no intention of blocking the testimony.

So did Trump say that to you in the executive branch meeting this morning...How do you know more than Kelly?

Still you people haven't fathomed how the man works, even though it has been explained again and again since he first announced.

Funny, that.

We know that Kelly put this story out there to see how people react to it..We know that they said that they do this all of the time..

I am sure if he could slide though it , he would..

Tell me how the man works Billy.

You just answered your own question.

Yes I did..lol but I already knew that. I was just wondering if the republicans think that it is ok for him to slide ( like he is trying to find out, by Kelly putting this out...}

From what CNN is reporting Trump can't use Executive Privilege on this issue.

The Reason--Trump commented about Comey and tweeted out some stuff on him, so apparently Executive Privilege is out of the picture for Trump, as Comey has a right to defend himself. If Trump hadn't have sent out the tweets and made public comments about Comey he could have used Executive privilege.

At any rate at 8 a.m est Thursday morning your game shows and soap box operas will be cut to air Comey's testimony. IOW it won't just be on CNN & FOX news. ABC, CBS & NBC will all be interupting standard daily programs to aire Comey's testimony.

Last edited:
So did Trump say that to you in the executive branch meeting this morning...How do you know more than Kelly?

Still you people haven't fathomed how the man works, even though it has been explained again and again since he first announced.

Funny, that.

We know that Kelly put this story out there to see how people react to it..We know that they said that they do this all of the time..

I am sure if he could slide though it , he would..

Tell me how the man works Billy.

You just answered your own question.

Yes I did..lol but I already knew that. I was just wondering if the republicans think that it is ok for him to slide ( like he is trying to find out, by Kelly putting this out...}

From what CNN is reporting Trump can't use Executive Priviledge on this issue: The Reason--Trump commented about Comey and tweeted out some stuff on him, so apparently Executive Priviledge is out of the picture for Trump, as Comey has a right to defend himself. If Trump hadn't have sent out the tweets and made public comments about Comey he could have used Executive privilege.

At any rate at 8 a.m est Thursday morning your game shows and soap box operas will be cut to air Comey's testimony. IOW it won't just be on CNN & FOX news. ABC, CBS & NBC will all be interupting standard daily programs to aire Comey's testimony.

I'm sure downtown Baltimore will tune in.:laugh:

{Ahem}

'Total nonsense': Legal experts debunk 'uninformed' theory that Comey could be subject to legal jeopardy for withholding memo

When did I claim that Comey would be subject to legal jeopardy for withholding his memo? I simply pointed out that he had an obligation to report any President who attempted to obstruct justice to the Justice Department. Since he didn't do so...I'm assuming that Comey didn't REALLY think that was what Trump had done!

Why would Comey confide in Sessions? That would be foolish, Sessions is a tool and that is the only reason he was nominated by Trump.

Comey was collecting evidence, there is no statute of limitations on an investigation, taking notes and investigating have two mutually exclusive goals: Exculpate or Incriminate.

Echoing the meme Comey was required to report on this investigation is ridiculous. Prove me wrong!

Mission & Priorities
Disappointed,,,,,,,,,
I was so looking forward for the Russian agent to invoke executive privilege against Congress for Comey's testimony. I was looking forward to a crushing defeat by the courts in his attempt to silence a private citizen's right to redress the rants of a tyrant wannabe

You kids with your boogie man stories are just darling. Seriously, it's just so cute. Keep the derangement up cupcake.

When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo, wishful thinking and adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5.......if short, bully shit, then bullshit is the only thing I can respond to. It seems to be the only thing the "resistance" understands.

Odd that you'd use this pharse - "When your whole "case" consists of rumor, innuendo..." - since I've described the new right, aka the crazy right wing, as the group who posts lies, half-truths, rumor, innunoes and character assassination in place of reality, and have posted it dozens of times over the years.

And yet to date, absolutely zilch in evidence of all the left's rumors, innuendo and wishful thinking. If you have evidence that will bring this president down, what are you waiting for? I'll tell you. Something real and actionable which you haven't been able to produce in a year of investigations and looking under every rock. You just keep the "resistance" stirred up with rumors of supposed connections that someone who knows someone told someone else's cousin who dates a guy your mom knows.

Disappointed,,,,,,,,,

And yet to date, absolutely zilch in evidence of all the left's rumors, innuendo and wishful thinking. If you have evidence that will bring this president down, what are you waiting for? I'll tell you. Something real and actionable which you haven't been able to produce in a year of investigations and looking under every rock. You just keep the "resistance" stirred up with rumors of supposed connections that someone who knows someone told someone else's cousin who dates a guy your mom knows.
Why do you think "left" controls the FBI? It's the FBI conducting the investigation, not the "left."

Why do you think "left" controls the FBI? It's the FBI conducting the investigation, not the "left."

I'm sorry........were you too moronic to understand that you and your ilk are participating in a court of public opinion and feeding off of "investigative" reporting by a left wing media with an agenda of bringing down the president. If not, just look at the bullshit you parrot each day of all the unsubstantiated "evidence" that convinces you of the "truth". Now you know. Does your teacher know you aren't out on the playground and using her computer while she's having a smoke?

Q. Why do you think "left" controls the FBI

A. He hasn't yet shown he thinks - it is all emotion, and echoes of propaganda.

Forum List

Back