Trump to Apple: make your products in America to avoid tariffs!

TARIFFS , Little i know about them they make sense to me especially as Trump advocates getting rid of all tariffs for everyone worldwide or he will impose tariffs of USA own . As an older guy of my political persuasion tariffs are not something that i should approve of i guess but the way that Trump explains Tariffs seem ok to me .

Last edited:
and the last thing i care about is some added cost due to Tariffs . To me the goal is FREE Trade and it only makes sense to me to charge tariffs if others charge the USA tariffs . --------------- American First and Always .

Trump to Apple: 'Make your products' in the US to avoid tariffs

Yep! pretty simple. Hire American workers and build it here...I still won't buy apple products but it does help Americans if that was done.

I thought Trump believes in 'free enterprise' & 'capitalism.'
Why is Trump trying to be an economic bully by putting a figurative gun to Apple's head?
I thought Republicans were all for freedom to choose your own business needs & requirements.
What changed?

It's a lose/lose.
Make them in China + Trump imposes tariffs = price goes UP
Make them in the US + labor cost increase = price goes UP
How is paying more for something helping the American consumer?
Why are Republicans so stupid?

Yep! pretty simple. Hire American workers and build it here...I still won't buy apple products but it does help Americans if that was done.

Why is Trump trying to be an economic bully by putting a figurative gun to Apple's head?
I thought Republicans were all for freedom to choose your own business needs & requirements.
What changed?

It's a lose/lose.
Cuz MAGA. That’s why...

What changed?

It's a lose/lose.
----------------------------------- i think that TRUMP believes in Free but Fair trade . Why do foreign countries get away with charging tariffs but the USA should not charge tariffs Cado ??

What changed?

It's a lose/lose.
----------------------------------- i think that TRUMP believes in Free but Fair trade . Why do foreign countries get away with charging tariffs but the USA should not charge tariffs Cado ??
Well, their answser is that the USA can flood their markets and that is bad for them, so they should be allowed to discriminate against America, but if they are flooding American markets, that is good for them and the USA is an evil, despotic country anyway, so its okay.

Trump is pissed the peasantry is able to afford smart phones. Too much access to information. He knows drastically increasing the price will help with that.

i was hearing TRUMP just the other day and he was saying that the USA by paying tariffs on foreign goods is really doing a sort of Marshall Plan for the world like we did for Germany as we fed and rebuilt Germany after ww2 and that makes sense to me . Course , we also rebuilt Japan and these tariffs that we pay today to 'mexico' and the third world is GIVING them EXTRA USA Taxpayer money to spend on themselves .

Have to love how much the left cares about the Amercian laborer.

And so your response to Trump manufacturing his own products overseas is..........
---------------------------------------------------- [i don't care about small Potatoes] But i'd say , give the TRUMP Time to arrange or rearrange things as your wishes are not his command . But even if what you imply is true , well , i'd say that TRUMP will fix things as opportunities arise Wacky. .

And so your response to Trump manufacturing his own products overseas is..........
They should go on a tariff list just like everything else.
----------------------- agree , but i do think that TRUMPS stuff is small potatoes and what , he has been President for what . A year and 3 quarters but yeah , sure his stuff should go on a tariff list . Course , i don't think that TRUMP controls any of it as he is PRESIDENT DWind .

They should go on a tariff list just like everything else.
----------------------- agree , but i do think that TRUMPS stuff is small potatoes and what , he has been President for what . A year and 3 quarters but yeah , sure his stuff should go on a tariff list . Course , i don't think that TRUMP controls any of it as he is PRESIDENT DWind .
I agree, but the entire response to Me was nothing but a "now I have you" thing. The clowns on this forum have yet to realize I am not a supporter of Trump and that I only support him when he does things that I agree are beneficial to the USA and I don't defend him when he acts are indefensible.

Forum List

Back