Trump Thinks He Can Hold Off The Coming Recession By Telling Everyone The Economy Is Booming

I think what liberals are doing is great. They are showing what I've known all along. Their true hatred for America. They might kill their chance of ever being in power again.

I think what liberals are doing is great. They are showing what I've known all along. Their true hatred for America. They might kill their chance of ever being in power again.
Sure if the MSM covered the dem's "hate America" story accurately, but the fucking MSM is part of the hate Trump coalition. Look how they fawned over Obama's apology tour. If anyone in the MSM had a 3-digit IQ they'd be asking the dems tough questions about their nonsensical policies.

President Donald Trump believes he can keep the US economy afloat and avoid a severe downturn by undertaking an aggressive campaign of positive public messaging, despite aides warning him of a looming slowdown, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Three people familiar with the matter told the publication that in early August the president was privately briefed by officials that data indicated the economy was likely to slow considerably over the next year, a period coinciding with his 2020 reelection campaign.

Trump reportedly thinks he can stave off a looming recession by telling voters the US economy is vibrant and booming

Another Republican. Another recession. Hmm? Amazing How that works.
The Fake News Washington Post? Really? How does one have "severe downturn" during positive growth?

Not only is the Trump Era marked by strong employment and rising wages but we are also Defeating Terrorism

No terrorist attacks at home and falling transnational terrorism. The Islamist radical who recently attacked London was a recycled terrorist. He had been caught and imprisoned on terrorism charges, released by a foolish criminal justice system without being reformed in any way, and launched an attack on innocent civilians as soon as he could. The fact that he was a recycled terrorist and the fact that civilians were able to take him down with a big, sharp narwhal tusk demonstrates another piece of good news: We have largely won the war on terrorism. The enemy are reduced to the dregs of recruitment. President Trump has led the way in crushing ISIS and killing their leadership. Terrorism isn’t fully defeated and probably never will be, but it’s certainly not showing signs of the sophistication it had prior to or in the years immediately after 9-11.

President Donald Trump believes he can keep the US economy afloat and avoid a severe downturn by undertaking an aggressive campaign of positive public messaging, despite aides warning him of a looming slowdown, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Three people familiar with the matter told the publication that in early August the president was privately briefed by officials that data indicated the economy was likely to slow considerably over the next year, a period coinciding with his 2020 reelection campaign.

Trump reportedly thinks he can stave off a looming recession by telling voters the US economy is vibrant and booming

Another Republican. Another recession. Hmm? Amazing How that works.
BUT But but it'll be all Powells fault and the FED

Asshole liberals praying for a recession, this reminds me of 2006-2008 the last time they prayed for a recession.

One that THEY CAUSED, and there was no resistance from Bush.

You know Trump will pull every string he can to keep things rolling along.

The democrooks revel in misery.

Dem need the people to suffer, so they can blame Republicans and get re-elected.
Blues You're killing me I just blame republicans for their AH pick of this criminal Trump And people voting for Trump are the ones most suffering from the morons tariffs

How Is the US Economy Doing?
Six Facts That Tell You How the Economy Is Really Doing
BY KIMBERLY AMADEO Updated August 02, 2019
6 Facts That Tell You How the Economy Is Really Doing

There are six facts that tell you how the economy is doing. Economists call them leading economic indicators because they measure the early influencers on growth. In July 2019, they report that the economy is doing well. It has steady growth, low unemployment, and little inflation. That's called the Goldilocks economy because it's neither too hot nor too cold

1) 164,000 Jobs Added In July 2019 = Strong
In the Non-farm Payroll Report, the Bureau of Labor Statistics surveys how many workers businesses added to their payroll each month. It doesn't count farm workers because farming is seasonal. A healthy economy will create 150,000 jobs on average. Companies will only add workers when they have enough demand to keep them busy.
Manufacturing jobs are an especially important indicator. According to the National Association of Manufacturers, the 12.75 million Americans who work in manufacturing earn an average $84,832 a year, including benefits. When manufacturers start laying them off, it means the economy will be heading into a recession. For example, manufacturers hired fewer workers starting in October 2006 when compared to the prior year.
The unemployment rate is also reported. It's a lagging indicator and so isn't as useful a statistic. Companies usually wait until a recession is well underway before laying off workers. It also takes a while to reduce the unemployment rate, even after hundreds of thousands of new jobs are being created

Number 2 is coming up in my next post. Read them all: CLICK HERE
You do realize that Obama averaged ~186,000 jobs a month from 2010-2016 and ~2% GDP.

He also only had $587 B annual deficit in his last year (2016), Trump has $1+ Trillion this year, and $1.2+ T earmarked for next year. With even higher deficits projected in 2021.

The Obama economy is about the same as Trump's economy now, just with much smaller deficits.
Trump's economy is just a debt fueled mirage. Take away Trump's increased deficit spending and we would be in a recession. Oh and we are going to have to pay for all of Trump's reckless spending someday...

And why are you using old jobs data from July??? Trump has averaged 115,000 jobs the past 3 months... OK, but still below Obama.

A booming economy would have 3+% growth or higher. Sorry bud, nice try though.

Last edited:
What coming recession?

The recession you get down on your knees and pray to Santa to send you?

How Is the US Economy Doing?
Six Facts That Tell You How the Economy Is Really Doing
BY KIMBERLY AMADEO Updated August 02, 2019
6 Facts That Tell You How the Economy Is Really Doing

There are six facts that tell you how the economy is doing. Economists call them leading economic indicators because they measure the early influencers on growth. In July 2019, they report that the economy is doing well. It has steady growth, low unemployment, and little inflation. That's called the Goldilocks economy because it's neither too hot nor too cold

1) 164,000 Jobs Added In July 2019 = Strong
In the Non-farm Payroll Report, the Bureau of Labor Statistics surveys how many workers businesses added to their payroll each month. It doesn't count farm workers because farming is seasonal. A healthy economy will create 150,000 jobs on average. Companies will only add workers when they have enough demand to keep them busy.
Manufacturing jobs are an especially important indicator. According to the National Association of Manufacturers, the 12.75 million Americans who work in manufacturing earn an average $84,832 a year, including benefits. When manufacturers start laying them off, it means the economy will be heading into a recession. For example, manufacturers hired fewer workers starting in October 2006 when compared to the prior year.
The unemployment rate is also reported. It's a lagging indicator and so isn't as useful a statistic. Companies usually wait until a recession is well underway before laying off workers. It also takes a while to reduce the unemployment rate, even after hundreds of thousands of new jobs are being created

Number 2 is coming up in my next post. Read them all: CLICK HERE
You do realize that Obama averaged ~192,000 jobs a month and 2% GDP.

He also only had $587 B annual deficit in his last year (2016), Trump has $1+ Trillion this year, and $1.2+ T earmarked for next year. With even higher deficits projected in 2021.

The Obama economy is about the same as Trump's economy now, just with much smaller deficits.
Trump's economy is just a debt fueled mirage. Take away Trump's increased deficit spending and we would be in a recession. Oh and we are going to have to pay for all of Trump's reckless spending someday...

And why are you using jobs data from July??? Trump has averaged 115,000 jobs the past 3 months... OK, but still below Obama.

A booming economy would have 3+% growth or higher. Sorry bud, nice try though.
And guess who will get blamed when recession comes?? Powell ,the FED and Dems Trump will be long gone ripping off whomever he can

Blues You're killing me I just blame republicans for their AH pick of this criminal Trump And people voting for Trump are the ones most suffering from the morons tariffs

Dem's and independents in 3 Dem blue states gave Trump the win. I'm sorry who are you blaming?? :eusa_hand:

Dem's and independents in 3 Dem blue states gave Trump the win. I'm sorry who are you blaming?? :eusa_hand:
You think they haven't learned from their mistakes?/ I think they do Trump has made a mockery of our Presidency

Forum List

Back