Trump thinks he can change the Constitution via EO

It’s a calculated move to open the debate.The 14th ammendment is for slaves.
`
Perhaps you should read up on the 14th Amendment and birthright citizenship. It can be changed only by congressionnal amendment, a national constitutional convention or an amendment that can be ratified by a favorable vote in three-fourths of all state legislatures or by such a vote in specially called ratifying conventions called in three-fourths of the states. An executive order doesn't cut it.

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It will work to get more votes from people who have the right to vote.

I hate EOs. I think they are bullshit. I think the 14th Amendment is sloppy but clear. It needs to be amended.

BUT, Obama opened the EO door despite our yelling and screaming, so a little payback is in order.

Hopefully, the EO bullshit will stop forever after this.

You might want to read the list and quit blaming Obama:
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia

This could make for an interesting court case.

Some discussion at the time the Fourteenth was in the process of being ratified casts serious doubt on whether it was intended to apply to children born here of foreign citizens, especially to those here illegally. A case could be made, and could prevail, that it does not apply to children of illegal invaders.

It'd be a tough case, though. The letter of the Amendment seems fairly clear, even if the intent is otherwise. It really would be better if we could ratify a new amendment, explicitly denying birthright citizenship in such cases.

It’s a calculated move to open the debate.The 14th ammendment is for slaves.
`
Perhaps you should read up on the 14th Amendment and birthright citizenship. It can be changed only by congressionnal amendment, a national constitutional convention or an amendment that can be ratified by a favorable vote in three-fourths of all state legislatures or by such a vote in specially called ratifying conventions called in three-fourths of the states. An executive order doesn't cut it.
I don't think Cunnilingus...errr....ColonalAngus... disagrees with you.

I don't disagree.

But, I do think taking this action gets the debate started on correcting the 14th Amendment language so that it does not include anchor babies, as it never was the intent.

:dunno:

Last edited:
Gee...another chicken that's come home to roost! Remember when Barry declared that he had a pen and a phone and he was ready to do an end run around a newly elected GOP Congress to keep his agenda moving forward? Remember the warnings that were given to Democrats that they would rue that decision because of the precedent it set? I've got news for you...if you take control of the House and try to stall Trump's agenda...he will very likely do the same thing that Obama did...and keep his agenda on track using EO's!

And you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves...

Some discussion at the time the Fourteenth was in the process of being ratified casts serious doubt on whether it was intended to apply to children born here of foreign citizens, especially to those here illegally. A case could be made, and could prevail, that it does not apply to children of illegal invaders.

It'd be a tough case, though. The letter of the Amendment seems fairly clear, even if the intent is otherwise. It really would be better if we could ratify a new amendment, explicitly denying birthright citizenship in such cases.
Stop calling them invaders. Anyone calling them that should have their post pulled.

Gee...another chicken that's come home to roost! Remember when Barry declared that he had a pen and a phone and he was ready to do an end run around a newly elected GOP Congress to keep his agenda moving forward? Remember the warnings that were given to Democrats that they would rue that decision because of the precedent it set? I've got news for you...if you take control of the House and try to stall Trump's agenda...he will very likely do the same thing that Obama did...and keep his agenda on track using EO's!

The Great Obama never claimed he could change the Constitution
He operated within the powers of the executive branch

Good way to get the ball rolling on The Constitutionality of Birth Right Citizenship. Today's Leftist interpretation is completely Unconstitutional.

This was always meant for Legal Immigrants, or people on Work Visas, Student Visas that had children in THE US while they were in a LEGAL STATUS. Those children then become automatic American Citizens.

Stop calling them invaders. Anyone calling them that should have their post pulled.
Anyone that enters my country illegally is an invader. Go to hell.

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

They were stupid enough to vote for him
They believe anything he rants about

No. We were smart enough to vote for him.

You were dumb enough to vote for Hitlery.

I for one sure hope he can change the 14th and get rid of the anchor babies.

The Great Obama never claimed he could change the Constitution
He operated within the powers of the executive branch

Sure he did. He also wrote EO's right and left to get around Congress.

Carry on dumbass.

They are invaders you dumb ass.

>snip/iunsnip> But, I do think taking this action gets the debate started on correcting the 14th Amendment language so that it does not include anchor babies, as it never was the intent.:dunno:
`
I'm always open for discussion but on this forum you have hundreds of self-appointed constitutional experts, none with any legal training, convinced their interpretation of the constitution is the the correct one and everyone else, including SCOTUS, is wrong. Not much of a chance for any rational discussion there,

They were stupid enough to vote for him
They believe anything he rants about

No. We were smart enough to vote for him.

You were dumb enough to vote for Hitlery.

I for one sure hope he can change the 14th and get rid of the anchor babies.
You voted for a Birther
Doesn’t get dumber than that

Forum List

Back