Trump taps Oklahoma AG for EPA head

In 2013, Pruitt brought a lawsuit targeting the Affordable Care Act.[4]
In 2013, Pruitt supported the Oklahoma legislature's bid to join four other states trying to restrict medical abortions by limiting or banning off-label uses of drugs, via House Bill 1970. after the state Supreme Court upheld a lower court's ruling that the abortion law was unconstitutional, Pruitt requested that the United States Supreme Court review the case. Pruitt was unhappy with the United States Supreme Court's rejection of the Oklahoma case.[5][6]

Pruitt was pleased with the decision of the United States Supreme Court's ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby in June 2014. Pruitt, an acquaintance of the Green family - the founders of Hobby Lobby, filed a brief with the Supreme Court in support of their position, that the owners of privately held companies need not provide their employees with birth control, if that goes against their beliefs. In a statement, Pruitt noted, "The founders established a Constitution to protect Americans' religious freedom from an intrusive federal government. Today's ruling solidifies the principle that our religion is not a silent practice confined to the four walls of a church, but it is an opportunity to live out our faith in the public square."[7]

In June 2013, Pruitt maintained that the Supreme Court's decision to strike down a provision of DOMA, a federal law that denied federal benefits to homosexual married couples did not affect Oklahoma's laws on the subject.[8]

I love this pick!

We may be headed for the biggest economic boom in our history. Trump is certainly putting the right people in place.

Half this board is going to be on suicide watch by 1/20.... if they're not already there.

I like this guy. He'll gut the EPA and deregulate the oil and gas industry boosting drilling everywhere!

Oklahoma ? Aka earthquake central ! That's the person you want for the epa? The fracking out there is literally tearing the state apart .

Trump picks someone to head up the EPA who can't stand the EPA & has sued the EPA multiple times. That's fucking awesome. I love it.

the EPA is a bunch of hippy fags destroying American businesses based on a hoax. A HOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

Forum List

Back