Trump Surrogate Jeffrey Lord Dismisses Fact-Checking As ‘Elitist’ And ‘Out Of Touch’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Facts. Who needs ‘em, right?

We’re not making this up. But even if we were, apparently CNN commentator Jeffrey Lord wouldn’t have a problem with it.

In a baffling segment Saturday, the Donald Trump supporter told CNN’s Brian Stelter he doesn’t think fact-checkers — as in, people who verify whether politicians are using actual facts or just making stuff up — have a place in today’s political campaigns.

Lord’s comments came in response to a question from Stelter, who asked if Trump should “be more careful” in his speeches, given that fact-checking is critical of Trump “across the board.”

“I honestly don’t think this ‘fact-checking’ business ... is anything more than one more out of touch, elitist media-type thing,” Lord said. “I don’t think people out here in America care. What they care about are what the candidates say.”

More: Trump Surrogate Dismisses Fact-Checking As 'Elitist' And 'Out Of Touch'

Is Jeffrey Lord right that people just don't care about facts - and only care about what the candidates say? That is bizarre on so many levels. It verifies my opinion of the hard right.

Again, from the OP:

“I honestly don’t think this ‘fact-checking’ business ... is anything more than one more out of touch, elitist media-type thing,” Lord said. “I don’t think people out here in America care. What they care about are what the candidates say.”

I dont think it really matters.
His supporters are so dumb they dont realise they are being played and his detractors just assume he is lying anyway.

This is a film that Hollywood would not make because it is so cynical.

His supporters are so dumb they dont realise they are being played and his detractors just assume he is lying anyway.

Interesting analysis. Why do Trump supporters get mad about facts when Trump is proven to be a liar - over and over and over...?

Facts don't matter? Seriously? I've never heard such bizarre shit - and it's even more bizarre that some NaziCon like Jeffrey Lord had the balls (or lack of brains) to actually say it publicly.

Interesting analysis. Why do Trump supporters get mad about facts when Trump is proven to be a liar - over and over and over...?

They get mad because the facts prove that he is a liar. They don't mind if he lies. They just don't want to acknowledge it.

I just saw on CNN that among likely voters - Trump is considered more honest and trustworthy. That is hilarious on sooo many levels.

Its an old story. We have just seen it here in the UK.

"Take back control" - sounds good, I am having that !!

But when you drill down into the detail it is just a buzzword and,crucially, something that means different things to different people.

Make America Great - could mean anything, or nothing. There is a comfort in it that means you dont have to think.

Its hard to fight feelings with facts.

"Facts", like "truth", are what people believe them to be. Just look at the misuse of simple words and terms on this message board! Dictionary definitions mean nothing, and reminders of them are dealt with by name-calling and all manner of ideological denunciation.
This happens from both of the polarized sides of issues. It makes one wonder if the majority is so dualistic that "reality" itself has morphed.

PolitiFact and PunditFact are run by a mega Dem donor. Just because "fact" is in the name doesn't mean that the website or their findings are based on any truths.

We’re not making this up. But even if we were, apparently CNN commentator Jeffrey Lord wouldn’t have a problem with it.

In a baffling segment Saturday, the Donald Trump supporter told CNN’s Brian Stelter he doesn’t think fact-checkers — as in, people who verify whether politicians are using actual facts or just making stuff up — have a place in today’s political campaigns.

Lord’s comments came in response to a question from Stelter, who asked if Trump should “be more careful” in his speeches, given that fact-checking is critical of Trump “across the board.”

Is Jeffrey Lord right that people just don't care about facts - and only care about what the candidates say? That is bizarre on so many levels. It verifies my opinion of the hard right.
Lol, some Trump dude goes on TV and gets onto a slightly different topic than the narrator, and you try to make something out about Trump with it.

roflmao.

Here is a fact; Politifacts, Snopes andsimilar websites are a typical leftwing effort to control the narrative by pretending to be neutral observers when the FACT is that they are anything but neutral.

So yes, that type of fact checker is obsolete, hackneyed bullshit when most of them dont know the difference between an assault weapon and a single shot rifle.

"Facts", like "truth", are what people believe them to be. Just look at the misuse of simple words and terms on this message board! Dictionary definitions mean nothing, and reminders of them are dealt with by name-calling and all manner of ideological denunciation.
This happens from both of the polarized sides of issues. It makes one wonder if the majority is so dualistic that "reality" itself has morphed.

Objective Truth is real, and just because our educational establishment is putting such mindless dribble into our children's heads today does not make Truth obsolete, nor their erroneous horse shit correct.

I just saw on CNN that among likely voters - Trump is considered more honest and trustworthy. That is hilarious on sooo many levels.
Where has Trump lied under oath to the FBI or the American public like Hillary has done?

Hillary Clinton lied to the faces of families of Americans killed carrying out her idiotic foreign policy directives. Where has Trump told such a lie to grieving families?

You are a political hack and a shill. Who gives a fuck what you try to think?

Lol, some Trump dude goes on TV and gets onto a slightly different topic than the narrator, and you try to make something out about Trump with it.

roflmao.

Here is a fact; Politifacts, Snopes andsimilar websites are a typical leftwing effort to control the narrative by pretending to be neutral observers when the FACT is that they are anything but neutral.

So yes, that type of fact checker is obsolete, hackneyed bullshit when most of them dont know the difference between an assault weapon and a single shot rifle.
Right wingers struggle with facts when they do not support their prejudices. Its pretty much the same for left wingers.
The difference is that left wingers are generally better educated and onthe side of the angels. Right wingers are generally stupid and put their own interests first in everything.

Forum List

Back