Trump Suggests That Soldiers Who Suffer From PTSD Aren’t “Strong”

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Source: BuzzFeed
Donald Trump on Monday suggested to a room full of veterans that soldiers who return from war suffering from PTSD are not “strong” and “can’t handle it.”

The GOP presidential candidate’s statement came during a Q&A at the Retired American Warriors Pac. Some of the questions were about the suicide epidemic in the military and criticism of the Veterans Administration (VA) for falling short on providing veterans with the mental health treatment they need.

After saying there are around 22 veteran suicides a day, Trump explained to the room of veterans what PTSD was.
“When people come back from war and combat and they see maybe what the people in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” Trump said.

There was a silence in the room after his statement, and people on social media were quick to express anger toward his comments.

Read more: Trump Suggests That Soldiers With PTSD Aren’t “Strong”

Donald Trump doesn't give a damn and doesn't pay taxes for these veterans care anyways...Scum bag.

Trump is a either a complete idiot or he is purposefully sabotaging his campaign. It's probably a little of both.

Trump is a perpetuating the fallacy that only the strong survive. The military is the ultimate crucible for that test. However folks, it is true what the Bible says: The meek shall inherit the earth.

Total horse shit Trump did not say or imply that in anyway. Read what he really said not what some biased rag thinks he said.

because ptsd is strength and freedom is slavery and war is peace and
Listened to the speech. Your article is bullshit (though that does not surprise me).

By the way, those of us that do suffer from PTSD are not strong enough to handle it on our own, that is the damn point.
war is peace, freedom is slavery, ptsd is strength.

because ptsd is strength and freedom is slavery and war is peace and
Listened to the speech. Your article is bullshit (though that does not surprise me).

By the way, those of us that do suffer from PTSD are not strong enough to handle it on our own, that is the damn point.
war is peace, freedom is slavery, ptsd is strength.
It would seem that stating truth is generally disliked in politics.

Then we complain that our politicians are liars.

Comment was taken w-a-y out of context...
steamed.gif

John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD
Oct 05, 2016 | Sen. John McCain is defending Donald Trump over his controversial comments about veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The former prisoner of war blamed the media for the dust-up, saying Tuesday that the comments made by the Republican nominee on Monday during an event in Virginia were twisted by the media. McCain specifically cited the New York Times as an example. "This is kind of the classic example of the media feeding frenzy that is going on. The bias that is in the media," McCain said during a meeting with the Arizona Daily Star's editorial board. "What he is saying is that some people, for whatever reason, and we really don't understand why, suffer from PTSD, and others don't."

Here is what Trump said: "When you talk about the mental health problems -- when people come back from war and combat, and they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you're strong, and you can handle it. But a lot of people can't handle it. "They see horror stories. They see events that you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it." Veterans reported feeling insulted by Trump's remarks, made at an event organized by the Retired American Warriors political action committee. McCain said Trump's comment is a fair assessment for some soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. "There are people who suffer from PTSD," McCain said.

McCain, 80, vowed to help those suffering from the condition, adding he does not have the potentially debilitating problem. "I know people who have suffered from PTSD," he said. "I never have. I have never had a flashback. I never had a bad memory; I never had anything but the greatest gratitude for the honor of serving in the company of heroes." McCain went on to say that while he sides with Trump on this issue, he has stood up to him and other party leaders before, including calling for the firing of former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Whoever the next president is, I will take a stand on what I think is the best for the security of the nation," McCain said. "I've criticized comments of Mr. Trump's on NATO, prisoners of war and on a number of other comments he has made."

McCain elaborated, noting he fought back when Trump said last year: "I like people who weren't captured." "I stood up, not for me, but for those brave Americans who have been prisoners of war," he said. McCain's rival, Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, said McCain is choosing to put his political ambitions ahead of speaking out on another Trump controversy. "It is not the media at fault for Donald Trump's disgusting and insulting comments, it's Trump himself, and by defending them, John McCain has reached a new low," said Kirkpatrick. "Instead of standing up for our veterans, McCain chose to stand up for Trump -- proving that he will literally say or do anything to cling onto his 33-year Washington career."

John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD | Military.com

Source: BuzzFeed
Donald Trump on Monday suggested to a room full of veterans that soldiers who return from war suffering from PTSD are not “strong” and “can’t handle it.”

The GOP presidential candidate’s statement came during a Q&A at the Retired American Warriors Pac. Some of the questions were about the suicide epidemic in the military and criticism of the Veterans Administration (VA) for falling short on providing veterans with the mental health treatment they need.

After saying there are around 22 veteran suicides a day, Trump explained to the room of veterans what PTSD was.
“When people come back from war and combat and they see maybe what the people in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” Trump said.

There was a silence in the room after his statement, and people on social media were quick to express anger toward his comments.

Read more: Trump Suggests That Soldiers With PTSD Aren’t “Strong”

Donald Trump doesn't give a damn and doesn't pay taxes for these veterans care anyways...Scum bag.

What do LWNJ's think the problem is?

Comment was taken w-a-y out of context...
steamed.gif

John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD
Oct 05, 2016 | Sen. John McCain is defending Donald Trump over his controversial comments about veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The former prisoner of war blamed the media for the dust-up, saying Tuesday that the comments made by the Republican nominee on Monday during an event in Virginia were twisted by the media. McCain specifically cited the New York Times as an example. "This is kind of the classic example of the media feeding frenzy that is going on. The bias that is in the media," McCain said during a meeting with the Arizona Daily Star's editorial board. "What he is saying is that some people, for whatever reason, and we really don't understand why, suffer from PTSD, and others don't."

Here is what Trump said: "When you talk about the mental health problems -- when people come back from war and combat, and they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you're strong, and you can handle it. But a lot of people can't handle it. "They see horror stories. They see events that you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it." Veterans reported feeling insulted by Trump's remarks, made at an event organized by the Retired American Warriors political action committee. McCain said Trump's comment is a fair assessment for some soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. "There are people who suffer from PTSD," McCain said.

McCain, 80, vowed to help those suffering from the condition, adding he does not have the potentially debilitating problem. "I know people who have suffered from PTSD," he said. "I never have. I have never had a flashback. I never had a bad memory; I never had anything but the greatest gratitude for the honor of serving in the company of heroes." McCain went on to say that while he sides with Trump on this issue, he has stood up to him and other party leaders before, including calling for the firing of former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Whoever the next president is, I will take a stand on what I think is the best for the security of the nation," McCain said. "I've criticized comments of Mr. Trump's on NATO, prisoners of war and on a number of other comments he has made."

McCain elaborated, noting he fought back when Trump said last year: "I like people who weren't captured." "I stood up, not for me, but for those brave Americans who have been prisoners of war," he said. McCain's rival, Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, said McCain is choosing to put his political ambitions ahead of speaking out on another Trump controversy. "It is not the media at fault for Donald Trump's disgusting and insulting comments, it's Trump himself, and by defending them, John McCain has reached a new low," said Kirkpatrick. "Instead of standing up for our veterans, McCain chose to stand up for Trump -- proving that he will literally say or do anything to cling onto his 33-year Washington career."

John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD | Military.com
I wouldn't call it taking it out of context. I would call it what it is - a direct lie.

Forum List

Back