Trump Shares Many Characteristics of Cult Leaders

So, I was doing some research on a particular cult, and I stumbled on this page which lists 10 warning signs of a potentially unsafe leader. And it occurred to me how many boxes Trump checks off...here they are:

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
  2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
  3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
  4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
  5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
  6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
  7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
  8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
  9. The group/leader is always right.
  10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
1. Check. Trump is as authoritarian as we've seen in decades.
2. Check. He ridicules and dismisses any sort of criticism towards him and isn't remotely interested in having reasonable dialog about his authoritarian platform.
3. Check. He refuses to release his tax returns.
4. Check. The entire GOP convention and his last speech about immigration in particular were incredibly dark, fear mongering, riddled with manipulation and scare tactics about brown people. The world is a very scary place for Trump. He is constantly talking about how "scary" and "dangerous" the world is.
5. N/A
6. Check. Although he never ran a cult, he did employ many people, and there have been many stories of mistreatment/abuse and flat out stiffing from Trump. 3500 lawsuits against this prick. Recent allegations of rape are ongoing.
7. Check. Donald Trump himself tried to suppress one that was made in the 90's. I've posted that on this forum, I can bump it for anyone interested.
8. N/A
9. Check. He's always right. Never apologizes for anything.
10. Check. "Believe me." It's interesting that he is always framing himself as the one who will "fix" everything, that he has all of the answers to everything, and that nothing else matters except his wild ass opinions.

Warning Signs

Scary stuff.​

Lol, many of your checks are your opinion and incorrect, but hey, I'll play that game too. Let's look at 0bama:

1. Check, 0bama is authoritarian as much as the law allows, but if it was up to him, he'd ignore the laws and congress completely.

2. Check, softball questions are required by and gladly followed by a fawning media. Any criticism is racist.

3. NA, but not applicable to Trump either. Release of tax returns is barely relevant.

4. NA but not applicable to Trump either. Your opinions of the speeches are completely wrong.

5. NA for both.

6. NA 0bama never ran a business so naturally there would be no lawsuits. Trump gas so naturally there are, like many businesses. Neither are relevant to cults.

7. NA......so far.

8. NA for both

9. Check he's always right, never apologizes for anything. Any errors are someone else's fault.

10. Check, It's interesting that he is always framing himself as the one who will "fixed" everything, that any failures are the fault of his enemies, and if we would let him have his way, the world would be a much better place.

Scary stuff.

Trump Shares Many Characteristics of Cult Leaders

Ahahahahahahahaha "Hope and Change" ring a bell? People falling to their knees breaking down crying at Obama's campaign stops? The clown being awarded the Nobel Peace prize before even taking office and accomplishing one damn thing? Obama posing looking skyward like he's the right hand of God? Funniest damn hypocrisy thread ever started :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is what trump wants

5y9aoo.jpg

You idiot. Hillary is your KKK supporter, not Trump:

OH LOOK!
clinton-byrd.png

images

Now you show me a picture of Trump's admiration for a member of the KKK. Go....

Now Trump is a freaking cult leader? Barry Hussein's political mentor and sometimes partner was a leader of freaking domestic terrorist cult who convinced people to make bombs and blow up Military Recruitment stations and the freaking Pentagon. The last bomb Bill Ayers and his cult was making was (according to credible testimony) intended to kill and/or maim U.S. Soldiers at a Ft. Dix dance. I wouldn't go near Bill Ayers but allegedly he ghost wrote Obama's auto-bio. The liberal media wasn't interested at the time.

Forum List

Back