Trump seems to have everyone at each others' throats ...

yiostheoy

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2016
Even here on this friendly low-moderated bipartisan eclectic forum board ... everyone seems to be at each others' throats over Trump.

Even here on this friendly low-moderated bipartisan eclectic forum board ... everyone seems to be at each others' throats over Trump.

Not anymore.

It's now a given that Hillary will win over trump and two 3rd-party candidates.

Trump is done and they haven't even had the debates yet.

The Champion of the Sheeple! The unknown very known candidate with a public record going back to the 1970s. Like the fat kid in grade school, DJT has to try and keep the focus off of himself, so he becomes a nasty kind of funny kid..

Everyone is at each other's throats here all the damn time. It's an election year - that's just what happens. Lots of new trolls, lots of nonsense.

Same as it ever was.
2012 was this bad?

I'd say so.
2012 seemed mostly racist to me in terms of its ugliness.

2008 before it seemed more civil.

2008 was a backlash against W's failure to focus on the US while being sidetracked with Iraq -- exactly like his own father had been in 1991. In that sense the defeat of conservative war hero McCain by upstart BHO was somewhat of a surprise. McCain should have won but the crash of Lehman and the backlash against W turned the tide.

2012 should have shown across the board appreciation for BHO weathering the worst economic storm in a century. But instead there was some kind of racist hate.

Romney might have been able to put up a stronger showing but for his flip flopping.

Then the revelation of Romney's obscene wealth and disproportionate low taxes at the equivalent rate of the working poor was a bombshell.

I guess 2012 has only made the GOP even madder still now in 2016.

But as luck would have it, Trump hijacked the GOP primary out of the hands of several better qualified candidates. Like a hostile takeover, this has caught everyone on the entire planet by surprise.

I have never seen hostility like this. Even in the wake of the Nixon resignation there was not hostility like this.

Even though everyone was furious at the Ford pardon of Nixon the hostility was not like now.

Everyone is at each other's throats here all the damn time. It's an election year - that's just what happens. Lots of new trolls, lots of nonsense.

Same as it ever was.
2012 was this bad?

I'd say so.

2008 was a backlash against W's failure to focus on the US while being sidetracked with Iraq -- exactly like his own father had been in 1991. In that sense the defeat of conservative war hero McCain by upstart BHO was somewhat of a surprise. McCain should have won but the crash of Lehman and the backlash against W turned the tide.

2012 should have shown across the board appreciation for BHO weathering the worst economic storm in a century. But instead there was some kind of racist hate.

Romney might have been able to put up a stronger showing but for his flip flopping.

Then the revelation of Romney's obscene wealth and disproportionate low taxes at the equivalent rate of the working poor was a bombshell.

But as luck would have it, Trump hijacked the GOP primary out of the hands of several better qualified candidates. Like a hostile takeover, this has caught everyone on the entire planet by surprise.

I have never seen hostility like this. Even in the wake of the Nixon resignation there was not hostility like this.

Even though everyone was furious at the Ford pardon of Nixon the hostility was not like now.
Trump's whole campaign has been to build up distrust in the establishment which means anyone other than Trump. So Trump supporters can't trust their own party or the media, or anyone connected to the government.

I got a simple question that I'd like to ask/ How come the networks have the airwaves? They're the peoples aren't they? Wouldn't they be worth 70 billion to the public today? If some money-grubbin Congress didn't give them away for big campaign money? It's hopeless you see/ If you're runnin for office with out no TV/If you don't get big money/ You get a defeat/ Corporations and broadcasters make you dead meat/ You been taught in this country there's speech that is free/ But free don't get you no spots on TV/If you want to have politicians not on the take/ Then give them free air time/ They won't have to fake/ Telecommunications is the name of the beast/that, that, that, that, that's eating up the world from the west to the east/ The movies, the tabloids, TV and magazines/ they tell us what to think and do/ And all our hopes and dreams/ All this information makes America fat/ But if the company's outta the country/ How American is that?

(From movie Bulworth - some of the quote has changed, deleted, or edited)

what bullshit, this is leftwing spin, this board is nowhere near what you claim it.

Same as it ever was.
2012 was this bad?

I'd say so.

Trump's whole campaign has been to build up distrust in the establishment which means anyone other than Trump. So Trump supporters can't trust their own party or the media, or anyone connected to the government.

Uh no, we didn't before Trump. I love how people think he came in and just caused it, nope the politicians and media are all big government globalists that are out for themselves.....Trump is the only one to play to that, but it was here before he was.

Forum List

Back