Trump right GWB was President when 9/11 occurred...and so FDR was President at Pearl Harbor

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Trump recently was blasted for stating:
Donald Trump says he's not blaming George W. Bush for 9/11, but he claims that if he'd been president, the attacks never would have happened.

In an appearance on "Fox News Sunday," the real estate mogul said that since he's "extremely, extremely tough on immigration" the attackers wouldn't have been in position to commandeer U.S. flights.

"So there's a good chance that those people would not have been in our country," Trump said.

He took another shot at Jeb Bush for claiming that Bush's brother, the 43rd president, kept the nation safe.

"I'm not blaming George Bush," Trump said. "But I don't want Jeb Bush to say, 'My brother kept us safe,' because September 11 was one of the worst days in the history of this country."

And while I support almost all Trump comments and his election, I think Trump is wrong on GWB and more so on Trump opposing the Liberation of Iraq.
I would ask Trump wasn't FDR president during Pearl Harbor and it's been said FDR KNEW in Jan 1941 there was a pending attack!
A good case can be made that the US government knew of Japan's plans, or should have. There were certainly indications.

On January 27, 1941, the Peruvian envoy in Tokyo told the third secretary in the US embassy that he had learnt from intelligence sources that the Japanese had a war plan which involved an attack on Pearl Harbor. On 10 July, the US military attaché in Tokyo reported that the Japanese Navy were secretly practicing airborne torpedoattacks on targets moored in Ariake Bay-a bay that resembles Pearl Harbor. The US military attaché in Mexico also reported that the Japanese were building midget submarines which would be towed to Hawaii for an attack on Pearl Harbor.

A top British agent, codenamed 'Tricycle,' told the FBI that the Japanese planned to attack Pearl Harbor, but his information was dismissed. And a Korean agent told American broadcaster Eric Severeid that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor. The agent repeated his story to a US Senator who alerted the State Department, US Army and Navy intelligence, and President Roosevelt personally.

American intelligence had broken all the Japanese codes. On 24 September 1941, a message from Japanese Naval Intelligence headquarters in Tokyo to the Japanese consul general in Honolulu was deciphered. It requested the exact locations of all US Navy ships in Pearl Harbor. Such detailed information would only be required if the Japanese were planning an attack on the ships at their moorings. In November, another message was intercepted ordering more drills involving attacks on capital ships at anchor in preparation to 'ambush and completely destroy the US enemy.' The only American fleet within reach was at Pearl Harbor.

On 25 November, a radio message from Admiral Yamamoto ( Yamamoto, Isoruko) ordering the Japanese task force to attack the US fleet in Hawaii was intercepted. US Intelligence was understaffed and it is not known whether this message was decoded at the time. However, that same day, the US Secretary of War, Henry Stimson, noted in his diary:
Essential Pearl Harbor

So to Trump a converted from Democrat to GOP I ask him shouldn't FDR be clearly identified as he
did GWB?
Further I'd ask Trump was he opposed to Liberation of Europe, i.e. WWII?

I'd also ask Trump if he'd heard of the 1991 Cease Fire?

Finally I'd truly want to know if Trump had any inkling of the irresponsible statements made by Democrats that added to the death toll in Iraq of both soldiers and Iraqis?
Statements that Harvard study showed prolonged the terrorists giving them credibility when our politicians called our troops Terrorists. Said our troops killed civilians. That our troops were cold blooded killers.
These statements according to the Harvard study shows they helped the terrorists.
This Harvard showed : THE "EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT" asked:

"Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq?

The short answer is YES!!!

But Trump's attitude about GWB doesn't alter my support for Trump. He will be a very effective President...who will be taking a pay cut!

I think its dumb to say, personally. That would be basically damning every President..
There is no telling how many threats our intelligence receives on a daily basis.

FDR's brother isn't running for President and didn't make the claim that his brother "kept us safe" during his presidency.

FDR's brother isn't running for President and didn't make the claim that his brother "kept us safe" during his presidency.

Where were you when 9/11 occurred? Where were you when the Anthrax attacks occurred?
While I wasn't anywhere near either event I can tell you I was very pleased GWB was President and it was re-assuring GWB knew how to keep most Americans from anxiety about the USA safety.

who is he kidding? he's been hiring illegal immigrants for decades
may be correct about him hiring them but they have been let in the employee pool by USA government Ravi !!

TRUMP is correct that 'gwb' was president when 9-11 happened . Make whatever you like about his words but Trump was , is correct !!

And the San Francisco Earthquake?

Why stop at San Francisco?

He should have split California in half.

Where were you when 9/11 occurred? Where were you when the Anthrax attacks occurred?
While I wasn't anywhere near either event I can tell you I was very pleased GWB was President and it was re-assuring GWB knew how to keep most Americans from anxiety about the USA safety.
Funny you should ask ... I was working for a newspaper about 250 miles from NYC and we had a fake anthrax letter sent to our newsroom. Fortunately, it happened before my shift started, but it was interesting seeing the hazmat team assembled outside my workplace and several of our reporters being prescribed Cipro in case it had turned out to be real.

How to keep most Americans from anxiety? I seem to recall being told to duct-tape our windows and the creation of a magical color-coded terror alert system that only seemed to increase in threat level at politically opportune times.

and that's about the time I first heard of the silly concept or sheeple training of 'sheltering in place' . I told my boss , yeah sure they could shelter in place but I am doing as I think best . Boss didn't like that news Kobie !!

Jesus, you really did swallow the kool aid.

and that's about the time I first heard of the silly concept or sheeple training of 'sheltering in place' . I told my boss , yeah sure they could shelter in place but I am doing as I think best . Boss didn't like that news Kobie !!
Try this post again in English, please.

As ole Harry Truman said "The buck stops here". George the youngerer and dumberer was in the office on 9/11/01, thus he was responsible...and FDR was responsible for Pearl Harbor. If you don't want to take responsibility for what happens on your watch, stay out of the office.

Jesus, you really did swallow the kool aid.

Well what would you expect GWB to do? Say like Obama..."Oh those guys were the JV team"!

Or should he put the country on entire WAR footing as FDR did with price controls,etc. the whole high level anxiety attack Americans had after WWII?
Exactly what would YOU do different then GWB?
He told the bad guys we were coming after them. He gave Saddam a year to get ready.
90% of Americans were very pleased with GWB. Then idiots like you and your MSM biased people started attacking our troops. Blaming them for all sorts of crimes.
No wonder then Americans began to wonder. Wow. Tell a big enough lie often enough and it will become a fact.

GWB ... 911

FDR ... Pearl Harbor.

Trump was right .... my how profound.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think its dumb to say, personally. That would be basically damning every President..
There is no telling how many threats our intelligence receives on a daily basis.

Agree, TNHarley. Monday morning quarterbacking, if you ask me. Hindsight is always 20/20. Past presidents don't carry the burden of everything that occurred throughout their term(s). Even though every president has left office a rich man, I wouldn't want the job for any amount of money.

Forum List

Back