Trump Reportedly Called Germans 'Very Bad,' Vowed To Stop U.S.-German Car Sales

trump does not give one fuck about allies, reality, facts, diplomatic etiquette, or basic decency. he only cares about himself, and how he can cling onto his adoring deplorable masses in trumpistan.

59275148200000290016ef81.jpeg

During a meeting with top leaders of the European Union, President Donald Trump said “the Germans are bad, very bad,” according to participants in the room who spoke to German newspaper Der Spiegel.

Trump’s specific criticism was that Germany’s auto industry exported cars. “See the millions of cars they are selling in the U.S. Terrible,” Der Spiegel reports he said. “We will stop this.”

In January, Trump threatened to slap a 35 percent tax on German auto imports. “If you want to build cars in the world, then I wish you all the best. You can build cars for the United States, but for every car that comes to the USA, you will pay 35 percent tax,” he said. “I would tell BMW that if you are building a factory in Mexico and plan to sell cars to the USA, without a 35 percent tax, then you can forget that.”

Trump’s new comments impugning the Germans for exporting cars were made in a meeting with the European Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, and the European Council president, Donald Tusk. Juncker, Der Spiegel reports, supported the Germans.

Another German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, reported that E.U. representatives felt their U.S. counterparts did not understand that the E.U. negotiates trade agreements as a single entity, rather than on a country-to-country basis. That is, the U.S. can negotiate trade deals with the E.U. as a whole, but not individually with the separate members of the E.U.

Der Spiegel reported that Gary Cohn, the director of Trump’s National Economic Council, appeared to believe that the U.S. could negotiate different trade deals with Germany and Belgium.

This is not the first time this basic misunderstanding has cropped up. When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited the White House in March, she had to explain how E.U. trade deals were negotiated almost a dozen times, a senior German official told the Times of London.

“Ten times Trump asked [Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,’” the official said. “On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, ‘Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.’”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.

More: Trump Reportedly Called Germans 'Very Bad,' Vowed To Stop U.S.-German Car Sales

The man-child is an embarrassing idiot. I hope foreigners don't think all Americans are that stupid.

Once again, anonymous sources.

Fake news.

During a meeting with top leaders of the European Union, President Donald Trump said “the Germans are bad, very bad,” according to participants in the room who spoke to German newspaper Der Spiegel.

Trump’s specific criticism was that Germany’s auto industry exported cars. “See the millions of cars they are selling in the U.S. Terrible,” Der Spiegel reports he said. “We will stop this.”

In January, Trump threatened to slap a 35 percent tax on German auto imports. “If you want to build cars in the world, then I wish you all the best. You can build cars for the United States, but for every car that comes to the USA, you will pay 35 percent tax,” he said. “I would tell BMW that if you are building a factory in Mexico and plan to sell cars to the USA, without a 35 percent tax, then you can forget that.”

Trump’s new comments impugning the Germans for exporting cars were made in a meeting with the European Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, and the European Council president, Donald Tusk. Juncker, Der Spiegel reports, supported the Germans.

Another German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, reported that E.U. representatives felt their U.S. counterparts did not understand that the E.U. negotiates trade agreements as a single entity, rather than on a country-to-country basis. That is, the U.S. can negotiate trade deals with the E.U. as a whole, but not individually with the separate members of the E.U.

Der Spiegel reported that Gary Cohn, the director of Trump’s National Economic Council, appeared to believe that the U.S. could negotiate different trade deals with Germany and Belgium.

This is not the first time this basic misunderstanding has cropped up. When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited the White House in March, she had to explain how E.U. trade deals were negotiated almost a dozen times, a senior German official told the Times of London.

“Ten times Trump asked [Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,’” the official said. “On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, ‘Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.’”

More: Trump Reportedly Called Germans 'Very Bad,' Vowed To Stop U.S.-German Car Sales

The man-child is an embarrassing idiot. I hope foreigners don't think all Americans are that stupid.

Fake news.
juncker confirmed it. what now, hero?

Fake news.
who? not even on cnn which is 24x7 trump bashing.

liberals need to quit "wishcasting"

/---- It's about time we had a leader to stand up to the Krauts. BTW is there an import duty on American cars sent to Germany? If so where is your fake outrage?

Nothing personal, it's just business

But with you liberals it's all personal

No Problem...

Lets start, You are causing a trade war with the whole of Europe... Germany can not be selected out for attention just as we can'y pick Alabama for attention either.

So Trump will have huge job losses as Europe will just isolate US with TPP... The TPP and the EU will work together and the real sufferer will be the American Worker... US is big but not that big...

But the real problem is that Trump started his rant about China... They seem to get a big huge pass even though the treat their employees like shit, China has tariffs on US stuff, Environment disaster...

But Trump is pissed off at Germany making very reliable & very well built cars.... How about the US build better cars?

Another example of how Trump has no clue. The man is a disgrace to America.

I don't know, VW was doing some incredibly illegal things. That seems pretty bad to me. Maybe you don't mind corporate scumbags violating the environmental laws of the land.

And that is VW... You know collective punishment is illegal... How did BMW, Mercedes, Audi, OPEL.... Break the law?

Trump said 'grab them by the pussy', does that make every American a bigoted piece of crap?

Fake news.

who what? you have no place discussing this if you do not even know who juncker is, hero.

Fake news.

who what? you have no place discussing this if you do not even know who juncker is, hero.
i hage just as much right to spout shit as you do. if you feel you can stop me, have at it.

Fake news.

i hage just as much right to spout shit as you do. if you feel you can stop me, have at it.
sure thang, engrish hero. i am used to uninformed loudmouths knowing nothing but being loud. you fit well in.

Fake news.

sure thang, engrish hero. i am used to uninformed loudmouths knowing nothing but being loud. you fit well in.
whos the one being insulting again?

/---- It's about time we had a leader to stand up to the Krauts. BTW is there an import duty on American cars sent to Germany? If so where is your fake outrage?

Nice bullshit comment there... The Import duty is the same duty on all cars. Just like in the US...

Talk about a bullshit comment... They have sales tax in Europe too, it is called VAT and it is on almost everything....

So the CellBock here wants no duty on US made cars in Germany and continue having it on German made cars... Are US going to take all duty of German cars and just have it on US cars?

I'm sure Trump is willing to put that 35% tax on his own products imported from elsewhere .. Ivanka's too.

off topic, snowflake.

jucker? your "source". i say not on cnn you insult n tell me to go away. i giggle. you insult n call me no nothing while spouting nothing.

you seem classic liberal who can be defined best as WAH.

off topic, snowflake.
you drove here, bitch.

Fake news.

heh… "you fit well in" way to correct me, son.

Nothing personal, it's just business

But with you liberals it's all personal

It is personal when the orange POS you elected is just a fucking moron on the world stage. I guess you love it when we become such an embarrassment

Der Spiegal. Fake news.

I realize you're a retard and can't process anything beyond alphabet blocks but when someone is quoted making a statement and the use the word "reportedly" that is a clue for normal people. Even the photo looks fake.

You commies have no credibility, you got greedy.

BREAKING NEWS!!
BREAKING TRUMP NEWS!!!
BREAKING VERY VERY VERY DAMAGING TRUMP NEWS!!!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

trump-slap-vince.gif

(VVVFNN) Donald Trump has now physically assaulted a man! He bitch slapped him in front of thousands in a sports arena. This is real and very, very, VERY damaging for Donald Trump and will lead to his Impeachment. This requires a super special prosecutor and the full resources of the National Defense Apparatus. No stone will be left un-turned, no feathers will be left un-ruffled, and no drawers will be left un-rifled! This ANIMAL must be stopped at any cost. This secret and damning video was provided by unnamed, but extremely reliable, anonymous sources deep in the bowels of the Trump White House. The Very Very VERY Fake News Network (VVVFNN) is dedicated to reporting anything that could damage Donald Trump without regard for truth or accuracy. It is our mission and our duty to do whatever is necessary to get clicks and views to our pathetic and dying business while harming the Presidency of Donald J Trump. If we can help terrorists, that is just a bonus! Please support the Very Very VERY Fake News Network by watching or reading: MSNBC, CNN, Wash Post, NY Times, LA Times. NBC, CBS, ABC, and various other VFN affiliates. Or send us money! EBT accepted!
Unfortunately El Dumpster can't distinguish a stage show from the Presidency.

Forum List

Back