Trump, pro medical pot ..

would you be this way with immediate family members and close friends?....be honest now....

You didn't pay attention. I said I am fully in favor of medical pot. It should be available just like any other Rx medicine.

What I do not want to pay for is the damage done by recreational pot.
so smoking it "medically" is different than doing it for recreational purposes?...are they not,according to you,still polluting their lungs?.....

They could make it into a pill form so that would make that a non-issue. We already have synthetic marijuana in pill form. It's called Marinol and is an appetite stimulant for people who are terminally ill and don't have any appetite, or other issues related to low appetite.

What is Marinol? - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org
well many med pot people still smoke it because many feel the effects on them are not the same.....a synthetic will never be as effective as the natural ....does it work as well?....some say it does,others say no....some are not sure....just hope you are never in the position to have to find out....

oxycontin also works, should we sell it over the counter?
ill do pot over that one....oxy has some nasty side effects....

yes, I am well aware of the many ways to ingest THC, as well as cocaine, opium, and prescription drugs.

As I said, if you choose to pollute your body, that should be your right, just don't ask me to pay for you medical expenses or your funeral.
would you be this way with immediate family members and close friends?....be honest now....

You didn't pay attention. I said I am fully in favor of medical pot. It should be available just like any other Rx medicine.

so smoking it "medically" is different than doing it for recreational purposes?...are they not,according to you,still polluting their lungs?.....

of course its different. Using it medically is to reduce pain for people with terminal medical issues. Who cares if it damages their lungs? They are terminal.
what if they are not terminal?.....not all cancer patients are....

you are splitting hairs, If its needed for medical reasons, it should be prescribed by a doctor, terminal or not.

yes, I am well aware of the many ways to ingest THC, as well as cocaine, opium, and prescription drugs.

As I said, if you choose to pollute your body, that should be your right, just don't ask me to pay for you medical expenses or your funeral.

People who use medical marijuana pay for it themselves.

Do they have insurance? Do we all contribute to the insurance pool?

Besides, I was not talking about the cost of buying it as a medicine. I was talking about the societal costs of recreational pot.

What costs do you mean? I'm quite sure it is less than alcohol related diseases and tobacco related diseases. :dunno:

Ok, this is the old " we allow some things so we should allow all things" argument. The societal costs of alcohol abuse are huge, also smoking tobacco, and smoking pot, snorting coke, or mainlining crack.

If you are claiming that pot is harmless to the human body, you are either very ignorant or very naïve.
thats not what your argument was,was it?....you were talking about the cost to society not its effect on the body....

the affects on the body cause societal costs. sorry if that's too complicated for you.

They could make it into a pill form so that would make that a non-issue. We already have synthetic marijuana in pill form. It's called Marinol and is an appetite stimulant for people who are terminally ill and don't have any appetite, or other issues related to low appetite.

well many med pot people still smoke it because many feel the effects on them are not the same.....a synthetic will never be as effective as the natural ....does it work as well?....some say it does,others say no....some are not sure....just hope you are never in the position to have to find out....

yes, but that's not the point, you want to legalize one addictive drug but not others, who gets to make that call?

of course its different. Using it medically is to reduce pain for people with terminal medical issues. Who cares if it damages their lungs? They are terminal.

you are splitting hairs, If its needed for medical reasons, it should be prescribed by a doctor, terminal or not.
so you are ok if it was prescribed for someone with a pulled back muscle?...because many anti pot people say these people are using a minor injury to get high legally...

People who use medical marijuana pay for it themselves.

Besides, I was not talking about the cost of buying it as a medicine. I was talking about the societal costs of recreational pot.

What costs do you mean? I'm quite sure it is less than alcohol related diseases and tobacco related diseases. :dunno:

Ok, this is the old " we allow some things so we should allow all things" argument. The societal costs of alcohol abuse are huge, also smoking tobacco, and smoking pot, snorting coke, or mainlining crack.

If you are claiming that pot is harmless to the human body, you are either very ignorant or very naïve.
thats not what your argument was,was it?....you were talking about the cost to society not its effect on the body....

the affects on the body cause societal costs. sorry if that's too complicated for you.
does it?.....i smoked fairly steady for a good 30 years and every time i go for my checkups with full blood work i am pronounced healthy and i still know some long time smokers who are the same...there are millions out there just like me....sorry if thats too complicated for you to understand....but nice dance....

yes, but that's not the point, you want to legalize one addictive drug but not others, who gets to make that call?
yes, but that's not the point, you want to legalize one addictive drug but not others,
where did i say i want either one legalized?....and pot for about the 100th time in these threads is not physically addictive....for some it can be mentally,probably those with addictive personalities.....

so you are ok if it was prescribed for someone with a pulled back muscle?...because many anti pot people say these people are using a minor injury to get high legally...

people game the system every day. That's not my issue

does it?.....i smoked fairly steady for a good 30 years and every time i go for my checkups with full blood work i am pronounced healthy and i still know some long time smokers who are the same...there are millions out there just like me....sorry if thats too complicated for you to understand....but nice dance....

good for you, you are lucky. enjoy your life as a pot head.

yes, but that's not the point, you want to legalize one addictive drug but not others,
where did i say i want either one legalized?....and pot for about the 100th time in these threads is not physically addictive....for some it can be mentally,probably those with addictive personalities.....

whether pot is addictive is not conclusively established either way. The medical community does not agree.

Whether it is a gateway drug is also not agreed on. All addictions are mental, its our brains that addict us, not our arms and legs.

whether pot is addictive is not conclusively established either way. The medical community does not agree.

Whether it is a gateway drug is also not agreed on. All addictions are mental, its our brains that addict us, not our arms and legs.
you should learn what a physical addiction is compared to mental one.....and there is a difference....go ahead prove me wrong...

good for you, you are lucky. enjoy your life as a pot head.
so you cant read either?.....figures i said something contrary to what you believe is fact.......

Some prescription drugs have way more side effects and are much more addicting than marijuana.

people game the system every day. That's not my issue

What is your "issue" then? You are concerned people are going to become addicted to pot? What?

Forum List

Back