Trump Plans to Ditch a 144-Year-Old Postal Treaty in His Latest Clash With China

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
I like this move. I’m always shocked how cheaply you can buy something on amazon for with free shipping that comes direct from China.

Trump Plans to Ditch a 144-Year-Old Postal Treaty

President Donald Trump plans to withdraw the U.S. from a 192-nation treaty that gives Chinese companies discounted shipping rates for small packages sent to American consumers, another escalation of his economic confrontation of Beijing.

Good,

Sick and tired of seeing China using such idiocy to screw over our businesses here in America. This will give American businesses a better competitive advantage.

Good,

Sick and tired of seeing China using such idiocy to screw over our businesses here in America. This will give American businesses a better competitive advantage.
I can’t see any justification for them having a special rate.

I like this move. I’m always shocked how cheaply you can buy something on amazon for with free shipping that comes direct from China.

Trump Plans to Ditch a 144-Year-Old Postal Treaty

President Donald Trump plans to withdraw the U.S. from a 192-nation treaty that gives Chinese companies discounted shipping rates for small packages sent to American consumers, another escalation of his economic confrontation of Beijing.
/----/ Bravo. It's about time. Thanks for posting.

Something I always wondered about.

Sad that the poor (who buy the cheap stuff in the first place) will have to pay more
The goods are already very cheap from Chinese labor, no need to have special shipping rates also.

Something I always wondered about.

Sad that the poor (who buy the cheap stuff in the first place) will have to pay more
I can see this slowing the direct from China to customer purchases. That will increase sales for US businesses that actually employ people. I think these direct sales are a lot of the copyright infringement sales too.

Forum List

Back