Trump plans to copy Kansas' failed economic plan

[ In fact he's ruled out entitlement cuts.

Which makes you wonder why he has such fanatical support on the right. Unless they're just assuming this is one more of his lies.

PreTrump there was some thought in the gop that we had to address entitlement spending. But the tension was that the gop couldn't do that while increasing defense spending. Voters would just not stand for it.

Mainstream gopers like Trump because they think he will sign their legislation. And, his budget does not propose ending favorable tax treatment to cap gains, and the estate tax is dead. I cannot remember when the gop was against deficits. I think Ike was potus back then. The last national politician who actually addressed deficits was Steve Forbes and the ghoul McCain who briefly inhabited Forbes's corpse until he moved on to full throated neocon.

The Kochs certainly don't like him.

I don't think the Trumpbots really care about deficits. There's a fantasy that by kicking out all the illegals and ending free trade, we'll pay people $50 hour to use wrenches to make Maytag washers again.

Increase defense spending, increase infrastructure spending, build the wall, cuts the corporate tax rate, restructure the tax system giving tax breaks...and what do you got? A ballooning deficit and a recession laced with a generous dose of inflation.

Compliments of the Republican Party

Increase defense spending, increase infrastructure spending, build the wall, cuts the corporate tax rate, restructure the tax system giving tax breaks...and what do you got? A ballooning deficit and a recession laced with a generous dose of inflation.

I think the Fed will tramp down inflation rather ruthlessly. ALTHOUGH, if by some chance Trump raises the price of imports while at the same time increasing the money supply so as to make any rate hikes ineffective ... we can kiss our asses goodbye. I don't see the congress allowing that, however. The gop establishment sees this as more about their agenda and giving Trump just enough to tweet Victory.

I think the Fed will tramp down inflation rather ruthlessly. ALTHOUGH, if by some chance Trump raises the price of imports while at the same time increasing the money supply so as to make any rate hikes ineffective ... we can kiss our asses goodbye. I don't see the congress allowing that, however. The gop establishment sees this as more about their agenda and giving Trump just enough to tweet Victory.

If Trump starts placing tarriffs on imports, there will be a global economic war like none of us have ever seen. If that happens, neither the Fed nor the toothless GOP Congress will be able to do a thing about it.

Says the clown that ran up ten trillion in debt.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the current tax structure, anti business environment, and burdensome regulations are destroying present and future economic prosperity. Then again to some they just feel without ever experiencing reality in the business world that they know better. They continue to live a comfortable life in never never land at the expense of those they convince to elect and empower them.

Forum List

Back