Trump: NO new wall built?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mac1958, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,475
    I'm sure this won't matter, but I do look forward to the spin. Maybe it's Obama's fault? Hillary? Comey? The Deep State? Maybe it's Fake News?

From the conservative Washington Examiner:

Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence after 30 months in office

The agency said that it had built 51 miles of steel bollard fence with funding that was set aside during fiscal 2017 and 2018. But while the funding was meant both to replace outdated walls and to place barriers where there previously had been none, the government has only completed the replacement projects. The projects to secure areas with no fence are still in the works.

The 50 miles of completed replacement barrier is a 10-mile gain since early April. In Trump’s two and a half years in office, his administration has installed an average 1.7 miles of barrier per month, and none of it in areas that did not previously have some sort of barrier. A total 205 miles of new and replacement barrier has been funded in the two and a half years since Trump took office.

2. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,430

He should take up this fight or it could cost him dearly. This is the issue the left will pounce on and they are waiting until the debates to do so.

I suspected that none of the walls were new due to the court decision, however, I thought possibly some of the fencing was new and being constructed with the blessing of that state and the Dems just ignored it as a minor deterrent since they didn't want the political heat of trying to prevent a state from asking for the help.

Your economic future depends on keeping illegal immigration out, this I am certain of. You simply cannot sustain such a massive amount of citizens on a monthly basis, no logical person can think this will work long term. The replacement for American global position will then be China, God help us all.

3. Death Angel

Death Angel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,270
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tijn Von Ingersleben

Tijn Von Ingersleben Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,578
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,430
    Of course this is true and obvious, it will still hurt him, possibly more then expected as the message is pushed closer to election day and his strongest supporters decide "voting is a waste of time". This is what I said a long time ago when I said he should have pushed back on his first budget and told Paul Ryan to get it down or resign. The momentum was in his favor and he could have had it done.

2020 is around the corner and I guarantee ANY failed promises will be exploited. This is his signature promise and he can really get it done if he's willing to stay the course. The shut down would have been won if he wanted it to be won as no funding occurs without his signature.

It's a tough battle, not an easy won, but it's a clear winner for him and Independents who are seeing 100k people a month enter your country illegally.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,284

No spin. This is a huge failure. It could be the failure that defines his presidency.

He should have moved on this day one. The American people voted for a FUCKING WALL.

For such a smart operator, this was very stupid.

7. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,475
    I have a better idea: Replace China over time with Central and South America as our primary trading partner. Make it so these people want to stay in their countries because there are good JOBS there. Stop doing most of our trading with an adversary. Marginalize the Americans who are simple bigots.

My idea: Band Aids, Borders, Burritos & Bejing

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +67,337
    “in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border”

Which part?

9. Penelope

Penelope Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,282
    Trump has used Elbit Systems (an Israelite company) to put 200 miles of IFT up, with 7258 miles to go.
    Elbit Systems U.S. Subsidiary Awarded Additional $26 Million Contract to Provide Integrated Fixed Towers System in Arizona

So basically we have a Israelite businesses doing our national security. They also bought Harris Corp which includes L3. Check it out.

In 2016, Harris was named one of the top hundred federal contractors by Defense News.[7] In January 2015, Wired Magazine ranked Harris Corporation—tied with U.S. Marshals Service—as the number two threat to privacy and communications on the Internet.[8]

In 2019, Elbit Systems of America, the American division of the Israeli Elbit Systems, agreed to purchase Harris's night vision product line for $350 million, contingent on the completion of the merger with L3.[19][20]

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  10. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,284

That was a valid policy position, until the last sentence. Why did you go there?