Trump Needs to Take Responsibility to Save His Reelection, But it's Probably too Late

He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC.
But even that would be a shameless lie, as he went on his little hoax tour for over month while his administration was receiving dire warnings from them.

So all you are suggesting is a better strategy of lying his ass off.

Nothing he ever says is going to be accepted by you people, so why should anyone take your postings seriously? My God, you were among the first posters in here on the left politicizing this virus, and fomenting division....
And nothing he ever says or does is going to change the way you think? Hasn't he caused enough pain in America ?Is there anything that would change your mind?? I don't think so

I think his son wins in 2024, thru 2032
You know,you might be right You were stupid enough to give us trump why not his dunce sons?
why call them names?
When I say they are dunces I'm being kind
You don’t think they’re successful?

From reports, they're driving Trump Inc into the ground.
There Washington DC hotel made 46 million lol wow
Their hotel?? Or daddies they watch over?
Trumps brand is run by the kids By the way that hotel is beautiful
Nice way to beat the emolument clause Crooks
you do realize George Washington set the precedence why Presidents cannot be charged with the emolument clause?
It's called existing business
Things were a whole lot different then Many changes have taken place or need to be Trump is a swine who tries to make the presidency his little piggy bank Think he's the president of all the people?? If so you're sadly mistaken
Does he take a paycheck?
No but probably writes off twice as much Don't you get it lit ? The man has been a con artist all his life You expect change now?
What does he do with his check?
Look jit get a clue The moron was fined and his charitable fund disbanded for stealing from it You really believe a man with ethics like that belongs in our WH and not in jail? And btw his fund didn't have any of his money just money donated by suckers And BTW look up the 180K a year he's giving to the wives or girl friends of his sons That's our tax money
A few of his ambitions didn’t work out boo hooo.. at least he gets out there ant creates. You’re an idiot that doesn’t understand how America functions. You want everything Centralized and controlled by one government.. THAT IS NOT AMERICA.. we are explorers risk takers and not every thing we do works but we don’t give up! Now take a hike commie

Who’s going to beat trump?
Biden, pretty easily. At least that's what the polls say, and those polls were nearly perfect in 2016.

Why?
5. Covid-19 has made Trump's incompetence impossible to deny, and killed the economy, the only thing he could pretend to be a success at. He's only got victimhood and xenophobia to run on now. That's not enough to win.

The biggest reason why is simple "It's the economy stupid"

Everything Trump was bragging about in January, became a liability in March.
If the election was today...or next week...or even two months from now your point might be valid, Rich! Your problem is that the election isn't until six months from now and by THEN...even the liberal Governors that will drag their feet as long as possible will have opened up their economies simply because the citizens in their States will be in open revolt if they don't!

Guess what? Trump is going to get to brag about leading a resurgent economy and stock market! Oh, THE HORROR!!!!!
And when the deaths increase because of the virus people will want to hang the trump pos
Hell, Eddie...you've wanted to hang Trump ever since he beat Hillary! Like that's going to change now? Trump is doing a good job with the Corona virus. We've reached the point where the tide is changing and we now can start reopening the economy. That's not something we have a choice on. If we don't reopen soon...there won't be anything left to reopen and then we're ALL screwed.

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.
It's over, pussygrabber's days are counted, it will be a sweet transition to hear the innocent gaffes that Biden makes, instead of hate filled delusional rants by the pussygrabber, while in the process taking america down to its worst times in over 100 years...
LOL...you're looking forward to the "innocent gaffes" that Biden makes? REALLY! So what you're basically saying is that you'll vote for a senile old man who's showing signs of early onset dementia because you don't like Trump? Hey...here's an idea! Why didn't you liberals run someone who hasn't been running for President since Richard Nixon was in office? You know...a younger person who still remembers where they live and what year it is?

You know,you might be right You were stupid enough to give us trump why not his dunce sons?
why call them names?

you do realize George Washington set the precedence why Presidents cannot be charged with the emolument clause?
Things were a whole lot different then Many changes have taken place or need to be Trump is a swine who tries to make the presidency his little piggy bank Think he's the president of all the people?? If so you're sadly mistaken
Does he take a paycheck?
No but probably writes off twice as much Don't you get it lit ? The man has been a con artist all his life You expect change now?
Look jit get a clue The moron was fined and his charitable fund disbanded for stealing from it You really believe a man with ethics like that belongs in our WH and not in jail? And btw his fund didn't have any of his money just money donated by suckers And BTW look up the 180K a year he's giving to the wives or girl friends of his sons That's our tax money
A few of his ambitions didn’t work out boo hooo.. at least he gets out there ant creates. You’re an idiot that doesn’t understand how America functions. You want everything Centralized and controlled by one government.. THAT IS NOT AMERICA.. we are explorers risk takers and not every thing we do works but we don’t give up! Now take a hike commie
You DON'T take chances when American lives are at risk

why call them names?

Does he take a paycheck?
You DON'T take chances when American lives are at risk
Huh I’m responding to your comment about his business

I had this conversation with my brother and his neighbors the other night. My brother loves Trump (he's a cop) and thinks his reelection is a slam dunk because Biden is an idiot. I told him I'm not going to predict anything for November at this point, since I lost a $1,000 bet to him in 2016 that Hillary would win, but I did say if he does win it won't be the walk in the park like he thinks it is.

Trump could have saved himself a few weeks ago if he went straight to the American people and accepted responsibility. He should have set up a press conference from his desk in the Oval Office and spoke directly to the people. He should have said that in hindsight he admits they should have paid closer attention to this virus earlier and ask that the people please understand at the time they were operating with false information from China and flawed data from the WHO and the CDC. Nonetheless, he is the president and as Harry Truman once said, "the buck stops here." He'll accepts full responsibility for the missteps, but what's important now is that we all come together and find the best solution through this where we can limit the loss of life due to the virus while also mitigating the destruction to our economy and the financial well being of millions more.

The left, of course, would have pounced on that. "See!! He admits it!! His fault! His fault!" But, so what? They are going to do that anyway. The media would have a field day with it too, but again, who cares? They are going to do that anyway. That message would have been for the people in the middle: the moderate Democrats, the centrist Republicans, the suburban "Karens" who are slowly turning to the Democratic Party. Most of those people have the sense to see through the media spin and understand that yes, the world was hoodwinked, but yes, the administration should have been a bit more on top of things. They would have accepted this mea culpa on his part and he would have walked away from that speech smelling like roses. This is very similar to what Reagan did after the Iran Contra Affair and the people forgave him for it and elected his vice-president as the next president shortly thereafter.

Trump didn't do this, however, and he won't because the man is a narcissist. He takes credit for everything that happens, but points the finger at someone else when anything bad happens. He can't admit when he's wrong and he won't accept responsibility for anything. Instead, he continues to be combative. That may have worked for him when we were at DOW 29K, but not when 90% of the country is on shelter at home orders with their Constitutional liberties being grossly eroded right before their eyes with little push back.

At this point, it's probably too late for that now. His only hope is that come November people ultimately decide that staying with him four more years is better medicine than electing a 78 year old Biden who is slowly losing his mental faculties.

Take responsibility for what...exactly?

And this post shows why this is never going to happen. Trump is not a smart or a well man. When a gathering of even a small crowd validates him and applauds him, trump's handicapped brain translates this to "Americans love me and what i am doing." Every time he gets affirmation from anywhere, it makes it that much more impossible for the much smarter people around him to convince him to change course.

why call them names?

So Joe the groper Biden directs billions of dollars to Ukraine which is paying his worthless son who has no idea about the company he works for millions, that is okay, but the Trump tower, which is owned by his children and legally running it, is called the emolument clause. You fuckers are the biggest hypocrite and have no honor. I bet your grandparents are turning in their graves, because you parents raised your dumbass sorry ass to be who you are today...Shame on them...

And this post shows why this is never going to happen. Trump is not a smart or a well man. When a gathering of even a small crowd validates him and applauds him, trump's handicapped brain translates this to "Americans love me and what i am doing." Every time he gets affirmation from anywhere, it makes it that much more impossible for the much smarter people around him to convince him to change course.
We do love what Trump is doing.
Build the wall, deport them all.

We do love what Trump is doing.
Build the wall, deport them all.
too bad he's not giving you 180,000 a year like he's giving his sons ladies mans a crook

If Trump had approached this crisis as a unifier instead of a divider and really leaned into it head on, he'd be
sitting at a 65% approval on his handling of it and he'd be way better off for November.

Of course, we knew he was not up to the task and he has no idea how to be a unifier. This is who he is.

The most surprising thing is that so many of you freaks just cannot see that.

I don't care about unifier / divider. The president suffers from looking at everything through a political lens, rather than from a position of leadership.
President Trump puts Donald J. Trump first, over all else. It's all about power, which he demonstrated when he insisted that the president had the power to order the states to reopen, overriding the governors and trampling states rights.

Yep. He's a very powerful Alpha Male.

Lots of you don't understand that, obviously

He is a chickenshit coward. He’s soft.

And mushroomy too, I understand.

Instead of hurling insults how about you tell us in detail what he needs to take responsibility for.

I challenge you too, lone laughter. Please list the covid19 things he needs to take responsibility for

Instead of hurling insults how about you tell us in detail what he needs to take responsibility for.
Why? So you can shit on my post and throw a hissy fit? There are already 1000s of such posts here. Go find one of those and cry about it.

Why? So you can shit on my post and throw a hissy fit? There are already 1000s of such posts here. Go find one of those and cry about it.

Check him out, will ya? He’s been here for years and thinks either one of us is going to hop when he says jump.

The failures of this president’s response to this crisis have been posted here dozens and dozens of times. If we only post them ONE MORE TIME, this joker will accept them. No doubt.

Check him out, will ya? He’s been here for years and thinks either one of us is going to hop when he says jump.

The failures of this president’s response to this crisis have been posted here dozens and dozens of times. If we only post them ONE MORE TIME, this joker will accept them. No doubt.
"Oh, so you cant name a single thing, then"

In 3.... 2...1....

And here's the Twit in Chief AGAIN this morning putting the onus on governors.
He takes no responsibility for anything at all. :icon_rolleyes:

The height of classlessness. Truly setting a new bar that other classless, unethical, amoral scumbags will have a hard time meeting.

Forum List

Back