Trump lost the debate simply by talking about it

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Trump lost the debate simply by talking about what he could do better.

Every news organization is playing his thoughts about it, like he lost

Your title is too long.Should be Trump lost the debate simply by talking.

Speaking as an independent observer who is an undecided voter this time around, and someone who doesn't pay attention to what the media says... I think Trump did poorly. He began strong but he lost energy at the end and Clinton was able to endure. She got away with a saying a lot of things Trump should have nailed her on and he didn't. Points also go to her for looking refreshed and energized the whole debate. I really didn't expect her to be physically able to endure and she did fine.

On the substance, Trump made several crucial missteps, in my opinion. The most damaging was his position on gun rights for those on no-fly lists. This is a contrary position to the NRA and most gun rights Conservatives. I don't think he won over any support there and I think he may have cost himself a lot of potential votes. Along with his left-wing paid family leave and childcare proposals, I don't think he is gaining Republican voters. He's never going to out-liberal the left so I really don't understand the strategy.

To me, he came across as unprepared and unwilling to go for the jugular in his Trump-like way. He handled Hillary with kid gloves as if that was the plan and I think it cost him. All through the primary, he assured us HE was the one who could take on Clinton. All his supporters said we needed someone who wasn't afraid to get down and dirty with the sleazy Democrats but we got a marshmallow. He reminded me a lot of Mitt Romney.

After the debate, I couldn't help thinking... I wish it were Carly Fiorina. I think she would have cleaned Hillary's clock. I know, the primaries are over and he's who the GOP is stuck with, but if he handles the next two debates the same way, he is going to lose this election.

Forum List

Back