Trump loses again! Fed Court rules again ICE detainers

So, there goes Trump's war on sanctuary cities!

Mass. High Court: Local Authorities Can't Detain People Without Charges For ICE

I posted over and over again when he was running for president that his entire agenda was unconstitutional. Sure, This is not the SC, but this decision will be upheld.

I think this is great. Another activist judge interfering in executive actions. Nothing makes a great election than pissing off more of the people who are already pissed off enough to support Trump. Keep sending people our way, should make for a great 2018.

Last edited:

I posted over and over again when he was running for president that his entire agenda was unconstitutional. Sure, This is not the SC, but this decision will be upheld.

I think this is great. Another activist judge interfering in executive actions. Nothing makes a great election than pissing off more of the people who are already pissed off enough to support Trump. Keep sending people our way, should make for a great 2018.

I feel your frustration, Ray. It takes time to convert a democracy into a fascist police state.

I feel your frustration, Ray. It takes time to convert a democracy into a fascist police state.

Detaining and removing people that don't belong in this country makes a fascist police state? Maybe we should quit arresting rapists and child molesters so we are not accused of the same.

Detaining and removing people that don't belong in this country makes a fascist police state? Maybe we should quit arresting rapists and child molesters so we are not accused of the same.

As a matter of fact, Ray, we don't arrest "rapists and murderers" without probable cause, because, Ray, and please dwell on this for a few seconds, there is no rapist or murderer until a suspect has been convicted of being a rapist or murderer. Until that happens, he is only a suspect, and the police must have probable cause to arrest him. Now, go dig out your 8th grade Civics book, and read up on it.

As a matter of fact, Ray, we don't arrest "rapists and murderers" without probable cause, because, Ray, and please dwell on this for a few seconds, there is no rapist or murderer until a suspect has been convicted of being a rapist or murderer. Until that happens, he is only a suspect, and the police must have probable cause to arrest him. Now, go dig out your 8th grade Civics book, and read up on it.

So ICE knowing the person is in the country illegally isn't probable cause? First offense is punishable up to 6 months in jail. Just that knowledge is enough to hold them for 48 hours.

So ICE knowing the person is in the country illegally isn't probable cause? First offense is punishable up to 6 months in jail. Just that knowledge is enough to hold them for 48 hours.

"Knowing" someone is in the country illegally does not constitute probable cause, and frankly, it amazes me how often I have to explain constitutional rights to the RW. Any judge would ask, "How did you know? What evidence did you have before you detained him?" IF BP can not answer that question to the judge's satisfaction, he will throw the whole case out of court.

"Knowing" someone is in the country illegally does not constitute probable cause, and frankly, it amazes me how often I have to explain constitutional rights to the RW. Any judge would ask, "How did you know? What evidence did you have before you detained him?" IF BP can not answer that question to the judge's satisfaction, he will throw the whole case out of court.

Damn man you're losing it. These people are already in custody, their citizenship and immigration status is known and documented, how else would ICE know who to request detainer's on. But hey, feel free to keep trying to excuse the unexcuseable.

Damn man you're losing it. These people are already in custody, their citizenship and immigration status is known and documented, how else would ICE know who to request detainer's on. But hey, feel free to keep trying to excuse the unexcuseable.

I will try to keep it simple for you. In America, a man is innocent until proven guilty. If the feds have probable cause that a person in an illegal immigrant, they can present that to a judge, who will hold the suspect until he is tried. If the feds do no have probable cause, then the man will be released, just like any other citizen of the USA.

What part of that don't you understand?

I will try to keep it simple for you. In America, a man is innocent until proven guilty. If the feds have probable cause that a person in an illegal immigrant, they can present that to a judge, who will hold the suspect until he is tried. If the feds do no have probable cause, then the man will be released, just like any other citizen of the USA.

What do you not understand about they know who the individual is and they are in the country illegally, the facts are already documented, that in and of itself constitutes probable cause. They have every legal right to request a 48 hour hold to pick them up by federal law, I guarantee SCOTUS will agree.

What do you not understand about they know who the individual is and they are in the country illegally, the facts are already documented, that in and of itself constitutes probable cause. They have every legal right to request a 48 hour hold to pick them up by federal law, I guarantee SCOTUS will agree.

Well, now, I guess that we agree! The court only held that ICE can not hold somebody WITHOUT CHARGES. The situation that you describe clearly amounts to probable cause, and if the feds act quickly, according to law, the charges will be filed and the suspect will be detained. That being the case, what the hell are you bitching about?

Well, now, I guess that we agree! The court only held that ICE can not hold somebody WITHOUT CHARGES. The situation that you describe clearly amounts to probable cause, and if the feds act quickly, according to law, the charges will be filed and the suspect will be detained. That being the case, what the hell are you bitching about?

I wasn't the one claiming ICE detainers were unconstitutional, what did you think they were doing, placing holds on anyone with a hispanic or uncommon surname?

Edit: BTW they guy in your story has a valid deportation order, signed by a judge.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back