Trump Looks At Asian-American Student And Asks If He's From South Korea

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Things got awkward on Monday when Donald Trump asked an Asian-American college student if he was from South Korea.

A 20-year-old Harvard economics major identified by NPR as Joseph Choe had launched into a query about South Korea during a question-and-answer session at the No Labels-hosted Problem Solver Convention in New Hampshire.

"I just had a really quick question about something you said earlier this summer," Choe said in video captured by C-SPAN. "Basically, you said that South Korea takes advantage of the United States in terms of the defense spending on the Korean peninsula. You said that they don't have to pay anything. However, I just want to get the facts straight and say that --"

Trump interrupted to ask, "Are you from South Korea?"

"I'm not. I was born in Texas, raised in Colorado," Choe responded.

The GOP presidential candidate shrugged as awkward laughter from the audience escalated into full-blown cheering for Choe.

"No matter where I'm from, I like to get my facts straight, and I wanted to tell you that that's not true. South Korea paid $861 million," Choe said before Trump cut him off again.

Just for the record, Trump is also wrong about South Korea not paying anything toward the costs of U.S. military support.

Trump seems to be an equal opportunity offender.

The full one-word description for Trump:

9.8% β€” "Idiot/Jerk/Stupid/Dumb"
6.0% β€” "Arrogant"
5.6% β€” "Crazy/Nuts"
4.7% β€” "Buffoon/Clown/Comical/Joke"
4.3% β€” "Unfavorable/Dislike him"
4.1% β€” "Egotistical/Narcissist/Selfish"
3.8% β€” "Bombastic/Showoff/Pompous"
3.1% β€” "Outspoken/Frank/Opinionated"
2.9% β€” "Entertaining/Entertainer"
2.7% β€” "Businessman/Successful"
2.7% β€” "Honest/Trustworthy/Truthful"
2.7% β€” "Cunning/Untrustworthy/Dishonest"
2.6% β€” "Blow hard/Boisterous"
2.6% β€” "Favorable/Like him"
1.8% β€” "Exhilarating/Exciting/Ballsy"
1.7% β€” "Aggressive"
1.5% β€” "Blunt/Brash"
1.4% β€” "Big mouth/Mouthy"
1.3% β€” "Unqualified/Incompetent"
1.2% β€” "Bully"
1.2% β€” "Disgusting/Despicable/Horrible"
1.1% β€” "Bigot/Racist"
1.1% β€” "Intelligent"
1.1% β€” "Rich"
1.0% β€” "Bold/Brave"
0.9% β€” "Obnoxious"
0.9% β€” "Ridiculous"
0.8% β€” "Different"
0.8% β€” "Competent/Capable/Intelligent"
0.7% β€” "Rude"
0.7% β€” "Leader"
0.6% β€” "Confident"
0.5% β€” "Scary"
0.4% β€” "Ignorant"
11.2% β€” Other
10.5% β€” Don't know/refused

POLL: Americans describe Donald Trump, Carly Fiorina, in one word - Business Insider

Which word would you use to describe Trump?

• Twitter Follower Growth - Last 7 Days (Post Dem Debate) - Presidential Candidates
    So the Democrats had their little debate a couple nights ago. I thought I'd update my Twitter follower stats and see who grew the most followers post debate. Surprisingly the winner of the Democrat debate - in terms of acquiring Twitter follower growth - was Donald Trump! In a stroke of genius, Trump decided to Tweet during the debate and tens of thousands of new people signed up for his feed during each hour. In doing so, Trump upstaged the Democrats at their own debates. As a result, Trump now has nearly 4.6 million followers and has finally passed The Hildebeast..

Things got awkward on Monday when Donald Trump asked an Asian-American college student if he was from South Korea.

A 20-year-old Harvard economics major identified by NPR as Joseph Choe had launched into a query about South Korea during a question-and-answer session at the No Labels-hosted Problem Solver Convention in New Hampshire.

"I just had a really quick question about something you said earlier this summer," Choe said in video captured by C-SPAN. "Basically, you said that South Korea takes advantage of the United States in terms of the defense spending on the Korean peninsula. You said that they don't have to pay anything. However, I just want to get the facts straight and say that --"

The GOP presidential candidate shrugged as awkward laughter from the audience escalated into full-blown cheering for Choe.

"No matter where I'm from, I like to get my facts straight, and I wanted to tell you that that's not true. South Korea paid $861 million," Choe said before Trump cut him off again.

Just for the record, Trump is also wrong about South Korea not paying anything toward the costs of U.S. military support.

Rump went on to add, "South Korea, they're not sending their best. They're lapists".

:D

CRaAw55XIAElBqg.jpg

Stand up Chuck!

Why are you implying that Trump was making a racist comment by taking it out of context and featuring it in the title to your post? That is typical leftist dirty politics. Are you happy being a scumbag like this?

• Twitter Follower Growth - Last 7 Days (Post Dem Debate) - Presidential Candidates
    So the Democrats had their little debate a couple nights ago. I thought I'd update my Twitter follower stats and see who grew the most followers post debate. Surprisingly the winner of the Democrat debate - in terms of acquiring Twitter follower growth - was Donald Trump! In a stroke of genius, Trump decided to Tweet during the debate and tens of thousands of new people signed up for his feed during each hour. In doing so, Trump upstaged the Democrats at their own debates. As a result, Trump now has nearly 4.6 million followers and has finally passed The Hildebeast..

Now vigilante, how many of them became supporters?

I follow Trump on twitter, but I am not a supporter.

I find Trump to be a very entertaining personality, frankly.

Racist or not ... that was an asshole move by Trump. Shouting down facts that exposed his lies.

Only a moron would vote for Trump. If elected, he would be dangerous.

DO NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP

So what did Trump say that was offensive. The guy was Asian and he asked about South Korea, so assuming he was from South Korea was entirely reasonable and rational.

Would you be offended if someone asked you if you were Native-American? I'll bet you would because being offended is a liberal's greatest joy in life.

Forum List

Back