Trump is wrong on His Kentucky Derby tweet

Maybe it won't but in the end is only a race. Do you really care either way? Heck I don't care what happens in our politics much less a race. Just fun to watch.

I've been watching Triple Crown racing since the 50's....My favorites were Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and the old ones, Whirlaway and Citation. There's always contact between horses in stake racing...I can see where they want to prevent hooves hitting each other and horses going down...if that had happened Saturday, somebody would have gotten killed, horses or jockeys, or both. So I agree a horse can't just block the field like in auto racing, but this race, with this horse...it's a damn crime. There was a time when losers took their beating and went home..not anymore it appears.

It really wasn’t that close

Major infraction

Buy some bifocals.....everybody said the real winner slipped in the mud and went a little sideways in the turn to home...the jockey straightened him out and no other horse was "impeded" that had a chance of catching him....I watched all the replays...no harm, no foul.
The number one horse was moving up to Maximum Securities right and was at his hindquarters

As Maximum Security moved right, the number one horse had to pull up

We have no way of knowing if the number one horse would have won or finished in the money

The number one horse was moving up to Maximum Securities right and was at his hindquarters

As Maximum Security moved right, the number one horse had to pull up

We have no way of knowing if the number one horse would have won or finished in the money

Of course it's known....after maybe a second of "halted progress", the one horse didn't have the gas to catch him in the final straightaway....none of them did. And if you watch closely, real closely, the horse inside of Max swung out too....getting trapped on the rail is sure-death in the final quarter. Max is a muddah....his fatha was a muddah, his mutha was a muddah. :lol:

The Jockey Club, a Thoroughbred industry organization, reported 493 horses in the USA died from racing-related injuries in 2018. Battuello said the total number of racehorse deaths, across all breeds, each year is about 2,000.

Battle of Midway’s fate helps illustrate the discrepancy.

The horse will not be included in the Jockey Club’s 2019 death count because he died after getting injured in training.

The Jockey Club tracks fatal injuries of Thoroughbreds that occur during an official race, as reported by veterinary officials, and includes horses that succumbed to a race-related injury within 72 hours after race day, according to the organization’s website.

This horse was one of 23 who died at Santa Anita and left many unanswered questions
-------------------------------------------------
the horse almost caused an accident in the race, but I do not blame the horse or the jockey. But rules are rules.
The race should have been postponed.

Postponed for what reason?
Sloppy field which could cause injuries

That track was in much better condition than past Derbys. You are spouting ignorance. Some horses run better in those conditions.
Maybe so, but it looked like an accident waiting to happen.

That is because you don't know anything about horse racing.

Oh, hogwash. As many horse-racing vets have noted, nobody cries "interference" in such a rough and tumble race, especially in such muddy conditions with 20 horses on the track. Give me a break. Maximum Security led that race from the start. It's not like the jockey has a rearview mirror to see who's behind him.

Do you change lanes in your car without checking?

Of course you do, and how many accidents have you caused?

Oh, hogwash. As many horse-racing vets have noted, nobody cries "interference" in such a rough and tumble race, especially in such muddy conditions with 20 horses on the track. Give me a break. Maximum Security led that race from the start. It's not like the jockey has a rearview mirror to see who's behind him.

Do you change lanes in your car without checking?

Of course you do, and how many accidents have you caused?

Do you think the jockey veered on purpose? I don't know.

The race should have been postponed.

Postponed for what reason?
Sloppy field which could cause injuries

That track was in much better condition than past Derbys. You are spouting ignorance. Some horses run better in those conditions.
Maybe so, but it looked like an accident waiting to happen.

That is because you don't know anything about horse racing.
I know something about it. I just don't know everything about it.

Rules are rules even on a muddy field
Trump plays golf, he should know better
Trump has never viewed cheating or breaking laws as wrong. This should be obvious to everyone by now.
Trump doesn’t care if he cheats as long as he wins

That is how he got elected
That's rich.....considering the fact that Democrats can't win without cheating.
  • They conspire with the media to create hoaxes and fake issues to run on
  • The want open borders so they can flood states with illegal voters (900,000 illegals voted in Texas last year)
  • The rigged the nomination process
  • They supply debate questions to their favorite candidates and conspire with moderators to trip-up their opponents
  • They spy on their opponents using the FBI, NSA, and CIA
  • They harass their opponents using the IRS

Sorry bout that,

1. But the way I see it horse racing just suffered a serious blow.
  2. Likely a knock out punch.
  3. Will horse racing be able to stand again?
  4. I really can not say, my impression of it now its handicapped.
  5. Or how do you say without legs to stand on.
  6. The impact of this stealing the winners money, those that betted on him to win and he won, and yet lost.
  7. I think the track will get sued many times over.
  8. Stand still and watch.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back