Trump is right ..Special Counsel should never have been appointed...

jc456

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2013
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...cial-counsel-should-never-have-been-appointed

BY ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 03/21/18 07:00 AM EDT

"President Trump is right in saying that a special counsel should never have been appointed to investigate the so-called Russian connection. There was no evidence of any crime committed by the Trump administration. But there was plenty of evidence that Russian operatives had tried to interfere with the 2016 presidential election, and perhaps other elections, in the hope of destabilizing democracy. Yet, appointing a special counsel to look for crimes, behind the closed doors of a grand jury, was precisely the wrong way to address this ongoing challenge to our democracy.

"The right way would have been (and still is) to appoint a nonpartisan investigative commission, such as the one appointed following the terrorist attacks of 9/11, to conduct a broad and open investigation of the Russian involvement in our elections. This is what other democracies, such as Great Britain and Israel, do in response to systemic problems. The virtue of such a commission is precisely the nonpartisan credibility of its objective experts, who have no political stake in the outcome."

My my my, how far we've come. When a Liberal Lawyer tells the world that Trump is correct eh? I love it.

Thanks Allan.

Propaganda...

It is sad to see the Crazies turn on fellow Republicans....

This is just in another long line of Trump and followers trying to discredit an honorable man and his investigation...

Propaganda...

This is just in another long line of Trump and followers trying to discredit an honorable man and his investigation...
awwwwwwww you feewings hurt?

Propaganda...

Um Dershowitz is a lib

Trump is right: The special counsel should never have been appointed

"President Trump is right in saying that a special counsel should never have been appointed to investigate the so-called Russian connection. There was no evidence of any crime committed by the Trump administration. But there was plenty of evidence that Russian operatives had tried to interfere with the 2016 presidential election, and perhaps other elections, in the hope of destabilizing democracy. Yet, appointing a special counsel to look for crimes, behind the closed doors of a grand jury, was precisely the wrong way to address this ongoing challenge to our democracy.

"The right way would have been (and still is) to appoint a nonpartisan investigative commission, such as the one appointed following the terrorist attacks of 9/11, to conduct a broad and open investigation of the Russian involvement in our elections. This is what other democracies, such as Great Britain and Israel, do in response to systemic problems. The virtue of such a commission is precisely the nonpartisan credibility of its objective experts, who have no political stake in the outcome."

My my my, how far we've come. When a Liberal Lawyer tells the world that Trump is correct eh? I love it.

Thanks Allan.

A non partisan investigation into 9/11? better get off the crack your smoking.:haha: that was the most biased investigation ever.anything that pointed toward an inside job,the media and government agencys ignored.:rolleyes:

I was hoping with trump getting elected there would FINALLY be a real independent non biased investigation into this but i know better now.a picture speaks a thousand words that he is no different than Bush or Obama and is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

ap_17130564048128-1280x960-jpg.176724

Propaganda...

Um Dershowitz is a lib

I know but the OP obviously didn't read the piece and actually asked for something that had more powers and very hard to fire...

This is part of the constant attack on the Muller investigation even though they have yet to make a statement...

As even Steve Bannon said, Trump created the special counsel when he fired Comey.

Propaganda...

Um Dershowitz is a lib

I know but the OP obviously didn't read the piece and actually asked for something that had more powers and very hard to fire...

This is part of the constant attack on the Muller investigation even though they have yet to make a statement...

as always you got your facts wrong with your theory that Putin is evil.He is one of the good guys which is WHY our corrupt CIA is trying to start a war with them which WOULD be happening for sure if hildebeast had been elected but trump at least is cleaning up government corruption,something none of the other clown presidents dating back to 1980 have ever done.LOL

Thanks Allan.

:itsok:

upload_2018-3-21_15-24-27.jpeg

I disagree with Dershowitz on a lot of issues. But when it comes to legal analysis, there are few minds as insightful or intelligent. Unless you are a partisan hack, it is hard to argue with his conclusion on this issue. We should have appointed nonpartisan investigative commission. Instead we hired Matthew Hopkins.......

Thanks Allan.

A non partisan investigation into 9/11? better get off the crack your smoking.:haha: that was the most biased investigation ever.anything that pointed toward an inside job,the media and government agencys ignored.:rolleyes:

I was hoping with trump getting elected there would FINALLY be a real independent non biased investigation into this but i know better now.a picture speaks a thousand words that he is no different than Bush or Obama and is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

ap_17130564048128-1280x960-jpg.176724
and you didn't get it. go figure.

Thanks Allan.

:itsok:

View attachment 183923
huh? I didn't write it. how weird.

Forum List

Back