Trump: I don’t like him, but

They build CRAP. They cut each others and their own throats over building CRAP. There is no need nor future trying to compete in that sector of manufacturing. We should just make medical equipment and other high end or patent sensitive things where the integrity of our way making things matters.

I agree Huggy, they build CRAP. Just a few examples would be the cheap and inferior steel that China has, as well as the crappy batteries that they make over there that causes hoverboards and phones to explode and catch fire, as well as some of the shoddy toys that are painted with lead based paint.

What we need are congress critters who will tell the lobbyists of the corporations that want to ship jobs overseas to screw off.

Not only that, but start giving government contracts to AMERICAN businesses, even if it might cost a bit more, because paying jobs in America will contribute a great deal to the economy. Want an example? Instead of getting the steel to repair the Golden Gate Bridge (an American icon) from China, why in the hell didn't we give the contract to American steel companies?

Any time you hear a politician talking about "cutting spending to the bone" that is the offset. When they repair bridges in your district, they use steel from Japan and labor from Mexico so you pay 7% sales tax instead of a whopping 7.25%. Would you pay a 1/4 a penny more if it meant 10 more families would have jobs? I would.

The Golden Gate Bridge is in one of the most liberal parts of the United States and has the most liberal politicians as well. They used Japanese steel to repair the Bridge.

Under the Schwartzenagger administration as I recall (Ahhhh-nold was a Republican)

American Steal: How U.S. steelworkers lost to China | What Went Wrong: The Betrayal of The American Dream

You didn’t think San Francisco funded those repairs themselves did you????

Everyone knows Ahhhh-nold was a RINO.

"The United States admittedly was not the steel power it once was. Years of allowing low-cost, government-subsidized imports from abroad had decimated American steelmaking. A succession of U.S. Congresses and administrations from both parties occasionally complained about "unfair trade practices." But the complaints always fell on deaf ears as neither Democrats nor Republicans had the backbone to do anything substantive about them for fear of antagonizing our trading partners. Consequently, the once powerful steel industry slowly shriveled.

But that didn't mean the United States was incapable of producing steel for the Bay Bridge. Only unlike in the past where one company — such as Bethlehem Steel — could have made it, the job now required a consortium of companies. And that consortium could have been possible if there had been the slightest encouragement and assistance from policymakers in California and Washington.

The California legislature and the US Congress were both completely controlled by Democrats.
Left Undefended by the Snobs Like HRC Who Took Over the Formerly Democratic Party

This started when the Steelworkers Union got the best wage contract it ever had around 1967. Remember, the owners are stockholders and can switch to another business almost overnight and in the dark of the night. They bribed their politicians to go easy on imports, sold out to suckers who didn't know what was coming, and bought stock in the steel-using companies.

I agree Huggy, they build CRAP. Just a few examples would be the cheap and inferior steel that China has, as well as the crappy batteries that they make over there that causes hoverboards and phones to explode and catch fire, as well as some of the shoddy toys that are painted with lead based paint.

What we need are congress critters who will tell the lobbyists of the corporations that want to ship jobs overseas to screw off.

Not only that, but start giving government contracts to AMERICAN businesses, even if it might cost a bit more, because paying jobs in America will contribute a great deal to the economy. Want an example? Instead of getting the steel to repair the Golden Gate Bridge (an American icon) from China, why in the hell didn't we give the contract to American steel companies?

Any time you hear a politician talking about "cutting spending to the bone" that is the offset. When they repair bridges in your district, they use steel from Japan and labor from Mexico so you pay 7% sales tax instead of a whopping 7.25%. Would you pay a 1/4 a penny more if it meant 10 more families would have jobs? I would.

The Golden Gate Bridge is in one of the most liberal parts of the United States and has the most liberal politicians as well. They used Japanese steel to repair the Bridge.

Under the Schwartzenagger administration as I recall (Ahhhh-nold was a Republican)

American Steal: How U.S. steelworkers lost to China | What Went Wrong: The Betrayal of The American Dream

You didn’t think San Francisco funded those repairs themselves did you????

Everyone knows Ahhhh-nold was a RINO.

"The United States admittedly was not the steel power it once was. Years of allowing low-cost, government-subsidized imports from abroad had decimated American steelmaking. A succession of U.S. Congresses and administrations from both parties occasionally complained about "unfair trade practices." But the complaints always fell on deaf ears as neither Democrats nor Republicans had the backbone to do anything substantive about them for fear of antagonizing our trading partners. Consequently, the once powerful steel industry slowly shriveled.

But that didn't mean the United States was incapable of producing steel for the Bay Bridge. Only unlike in the past where one company — such as Bethlehem Steel — could have made it, the job now required a consortium of companies. And that consortium could have been possible if there had been the slightest encouragement and assistance from policymakers in California and Washington.

The California legislature and the US Congress were both completely controlled by Democrats.
Left Undefended by the Snobs Like HRC Who Took Over the Formerly Democratic Party

This started when the Steelworkers Union got the best wage contract it ever had around 1967. Remember, the owners are stockholders and can switch to another business almost overnight and in the dark of the night. They bribed their politicians to go easy on imports, sold out to suckers who didn't know what was coming, and bought stock in the steel-using companies.

Most of the steel workers are men and women that transport, cut and assemble the steel once it arrives into building frames, bridge supports..etc..

I could be wrong but I believe you are referring to the people that made the steel. The cost of making things with steel has little to do with where it comes from. Why the foundry's got so expensive and shut down has nothing to do with what most steel workers get paid.

I'm a Liberal, that means I support helping those less fortunate than myself. You sound like a conservative, that means you only want to help yourself.

I believe in supporting those less fortunate than myself also, but there are limitations, you know.
I agree, there are limits. I don't believe we're at that point yet. We are one of the wealthiest nations on Earth. We can afford to be charitable.

I don't think we are the wealthiest nation anymore with 20 trillion in debt. Where's the money going to come from to help all the incoming third worlders who have no money, no skills, and many needs? Have to cut back on the needy people already here is the only way. We already have more people than jobs, so if the newer immigrants go into the job market, it will just lower wages that are already too low, according to the same people (obama and clinton) who are calling for a higher minimum wage. Doesn't make sense, does it?
I believe there's little reason to not help others who are in desperate situations and reaching out to us for help.
Vetting Vermin

Those fugitives refugees brought their countries' problems on themselves and will bring the same genetic dysfunction here that they created in their own ratholes. They are parasites and we owe them nothing.
^^^ Compassionate conservatism ^^^

Forum List

Back