Trump-haters making democracy impossible

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cnelsen, Jul 22, 2017.

1. eagle1462010

eagle1462010 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,822
    I agreed on most of his platform even though he wasn't my first choice. So far he is doing the best he can to fulfill those promises.............So he is doing a good job in my book.

The establishment is frothing at the mouth to take him down...........speaks volumes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    How about voting for the chic with the cutest snatch, in modern times?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    I didn't get that impression. Mr. Trump doesn't seem to care about the Constitution, only a profit motive.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. cnelsen

cnelsen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,708
    I got the feeling he cared about America.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,634
    Democracy Haters Make Trump Impossible!

6. RASTAMEN

RASTAMEN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,578
    Obama-haters made democracy impossible between 2009-2016

Obama: GOP blocked 500 bills

By JONATHAN TOPAZ

05/08/2014 06:10 AM EDT
    Obama: GOP blocked 500 bills
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    President Barack Obama is railing against congressional Republicans, telling a Hollywood crowd that the midterm elections are crucial because the GOP is willing “to say no to everything.”

The president, speaking at a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee event Wednesday evening hosted at Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn’s home, said Republicans have been obstructionist since even before he took office.

“Their willingness to say no to everything — the fact that since 2007, they have filibustered about 500 pieces of legislation that would help the middle class just gives you a sense of how opposed they are to any progress — has actually led to an increase in cynicism and discouragement among the people who were counting on us to fight for them,” Obama said of Republicans.

“The conclusion is, well, nothing works,” the president continued. “And the problem is, is that for the folks worth fighting for — for the person who’s cleaning up that house or hotel, for the guy who used to work on construction but now has been laid off — they need us. Not because they want a handout, but because they know that government can serve an important function in unleashing the power of our private sector.”

( DRIVING THE DAY: Immigration reform's grim forecast)

Obama opened by saying that he is “in trouble at home,” because in 2012 he had told his wife, first lady Michelle Obama, that he had run his last campaign.

“A couple months ago, I had to let her in on a secret, and that is, honey, I got one more campaign I got to run,” he said, referring to the 2014 midterm elections. “I need to make sure we continue to have a Democratic Senate, and I need a Democratic House of Representatives in Washington.”

The president spoke to a group of roughly 90 people for about 15 minutes. Those in attendance included actor James Brolin, singer Barbra Streisand and DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.

7. cnelsen

cnelsen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,708
    Blocking bills isn't blocking democracy. That's just part of democracy. What the Trump-haters are doing is making it impossible for the country to continue on with it's present form of government or as the same country.

8. RASTAMEN

RASTAMEN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,578
    Obama Hater did the same thing by filibustering, sabotaging and obstructing Obama for 8 long years. Trump will be filibustered, obstructed and sabotaged for the next 4 years!!! Pay-back is a BITCH.

9. cnelsen

cnelsen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,708
    You still aren't getting it. I'm not talking about opposition to the president. I'm talking about no president.

10. cnelsen

cnelsen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,708
    By the way, your post shows why we will have to chuck the system. For self-government to work, the self-governed need a certain amount of enlightened self-interest--a certain amount of willingness to put the good of the country first. That means our representatives need to approach each vote with that question in mind. Is this bill good for the country? If the representatives vote based on some playground notion of "payback's a bitch", then, of course, we become Zimbabwe or Haiti.