Trump Has A First Amendment Right To Say The Election Was Stolen

Ah. So, you know what specific actions Trump took that he is being prosecuted for?

Tell us, quick!
I know none of his charges are for giving a speech. Why don’t you try reading the actual charges instead of ignorantly commenting about them on social media

I know none of his charges are for giving a speech. Why don’t you try reading the actual charges instead of ignorantly commenting about them on social media
If you have read them, you should easily be able to tell me. Why is it up to me to back up your claim?

Many parents do that when their kids are very young. It's not a sexual thing except to perverts who make it a sexual thing.
Wow, you Democrats will watch the bidens piddle kids on 5th Avenue at noon and still defend them .

If you have read them, you should easily be able to tell me. Why is it up to me to back up your claim?
You made the claim smart guy. You said he was being prosecuted for giving a speech to his constituents. I said that he wasn’t charged for that. I actually read the charges and none were for giving a speech. You're spreading garbage and not reflecting any knowledge of the facts

You made the claim smart guy. You said he was being prosecuted for giving a speech to his constituents. I said that he wasn’t charged for that. I actually read the charges and none were for giving a speech. You're spreading garbage and not reflecting any knowledge of the facts
If you had read the indictment, you would know that count 12 refers to statements he made during his speech on January 6.

If you had read the indictment, you would know that count 12 refers to statements he made during his speech on January 6.
Ok well that’s quite different than prosecuting somebody for giving a speech. His actions would be in the messages and intent behind his words.

No prosecutor bothered to try because of how absurd it is to prosecute a politician for making a speech in front of their constituents
Trump is being prosecuted for what he said and his refusal to stop the attack on the Capital because the mob was doing his bidding by stopping the acceptance of the election results which would remove him from office.

Ok well that’s quite different than prosecuting somebody for giving a speech. His actions would be in the messages and intent behind his words.
What?!?!

It is exactly prosecuting somebody for giving a speech. He gave us speech, he used words like “fight “ commonly used by Democrats when talking about the right to kill babies or the right to mutilate children, but Trump is no Democrat.

So Trump is being prosecuted for giving a speech.

Trump is being prosecuted for what he said and his refusal to stop the attack on the Capital because the mob was doing his bidding by stopping the acceptance of the election results which would remove him from office.
Is he being prosecuted for telling them to go to the capital peacefully and patriotically? Did they do his bidding by going to the capital peacefully and patriotically?

What?!?!

It is exactly prosecuting somebody for giving a speech. He gave us speech, he used words like “fight “ commonly used by Democrats when talking about the right to kill babies or the right to mutilate children, but Trump is no Democrat.

So Trump is being prosecuted for giving a speech.
Haha, no it’s very different. Anybody is allowed to give a speech. But if that speech promotes or incites illegal activity then there is responsibility. Trumps charges go well beyond a speech and into many actions that show a blatant effort to undermine the election to keep himself in power. His calls to Secretaries of state for example and his administrations effort to set up false electors. That’s why he is being charged.

Haha, no it’s very different. Anybody is allowed to give a speech. But if that speech promotes or incites illegal activity then there is responsibility. Trumps charges go well beyond a speech and into many actions that show a blatant effort to undermine the election to keep himself in power. That’s why he is being charged.
Oh! So it is what he said, not that he gave us speech?

OK, then… You should easily be able to quote a few of the utterances in that speech that were crimes to utter them.

For example, if he said “the best thing for you to do is march into the capital And tear up the place” that would be inciting a riot. If he said “go in there, and make sure the certification doesn’t happen“ that would be inciting them to interfere with an official proceeding.

But, of course, he didn’t say either of those things. Can you please quote what he did say that was a crime?

Every time I read about these Jan 6th hearings, all I ever hear is that they are building a case that the so-called insurrection happened because Trump kept on saying that the election was stolen, his supporters believed him, and then some of them rioted, attacking the Capitol. They are finding evidence after evidence after evidence to prove that Trump claimed the election was stolen (not that we didn't know that in the first place) but the kangaroo hearing has to prove Trump repeatedly said the election was stolen even though everyone already knows he's said that many times. What a farce!

So what? Trump has a first amendment right to say the election was stolen, as many times as he wants to say it. That doesn't make him legally responsible if others believe the so called "big lie" and then riot and attack the Capitol. That's on them, not on Trump. Democrats called the 2016 election stolen for years and took steps to overthrow Trump. Where are the investigations of them? Oh, wait a minute. I spoke too soon. Those investigations are coming when Republicans take over the House after the midterms.
You are so full of shit! First of all, you do not have 1st ammendment rights in the commission of a crime. Directing people to go to the Capitol to stop the certification of votes, is a crime.

Secondly, there was no "so called" insurrection. It was an insurrection. Period.

Thirdly, after having 61 court cases on election stealing were dismissed, one would think you'd stop spewing this bullshit lie? There is no evidence of a stolen election. None. Even the guy assigned to find the evidence found none.

And lastly, you can't compare this to 2016, because all the Democrats who question the election results initially, all accepted the final outcome. Trump and his kiss-ass minions, have not.

You are so full of shit! First of all, you do not have 1st ammendment rights in the commission of a crime. Directing people to go to the Capitol to stop the certification of votes, is a crime.

Secondly, there was no "so called" insurrection. It was an insurrection. Period.

Thirdly, after having 61 court cases on election stealing were dismissed, one would think you'd stop spewing this bullshit lie? There is no evidence of a stolen election. None. Even the guy assigned to find the evidence found none.

And lastly, you can't compare this to 2016, because all the Democrats who question the election results initially, all accepted the final outcome. Trump and his kiss-ass minions, have not.
You are so full of shit!

Trump never directed anyone to riot at the Capitol.

Not one person has been charged with insurrection so, obviously, there can't be an insurrection.

Here's some thoughts on election stealing:

Democrats still claim many elections were stolen, not just 2016 and continue to do so.

You are so full of shit!

Trump never directed anyone to riot at the Capitol.

Not one person has been charged with insurrection so, obviously, there can't be an insurrection.

Here's some thoughts on election stealing:

Democrats still claim many elections were stolen, not just 2016 and continue to do so.

Prove it!

Forum List

Back