Trump Giving Up on China/US Trade War

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
Stocks end higher after report says U.S. considering easing China tariffs

Thursday, January 18, 2019

Stocks extended their win streak to three days Thursday after The Wall Street Journal reported that the Trump administration was debating whether to ease tariffs on Chinese imports in a bid to calm markets and ease tensions with Beijing.

U.S. officials are considering lifting some tariffs on Chinese products in an effort to elicit more concessions from China for a bilateral trade deal and to stabilize the financial markets, the Journal reported.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like the Giant Orange Cheese Burger is giving in & telling Xi, "I give up; you win Xi." :26:

Stocks extended their win streak to three days Thursday after The Wall Street Journal reported that the Trump administration was debating whether to ease tariffs on Chinese imports in a bid to calm markets and ease tensions with Beijing.

U.S. officials are considering lifting some tariffs on Chinese products in an effort to elicit more concessions from China for a bilateral trade deal and to stabilize the financial markets, the Journal reported.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like the Giant Orange Cheese Burger is giving in & telling Xi, "I give up; you win Xi." :26:
That's always been his MO. Talks a bunch of smack and folds. In the meantime, a lot of hard working Americans got the shaft.

• Banned

That's always been his MO. Talks a bunch of smack and folds. In the meantime, a lot of hard working Americans got the shaft.

Pretty amazing how ~63 million Americans are in love with a 'con man'

He's in your head poking your brain with a fork right now.

6171967019_acecefb1c8_b.jpg

Yeah he's starting to waffle on the issue and show weakness.

Here is the theme song for the Chinese, chief magistrate of their Union:

He's in your head poking your brain with a fork right now.

6171967019_acecefb1c8_b.jpg
Not at all, Marion. But it is no secret that I think this POTUS is a terrible negotiator and avid liar. Among many other things.

I'm confused. When stocks go up it's the Obama economy, right?

I did post a MW link but the original article is from The Wall Street Journal; they broke the story.

The WSJ is stuffed so far up Der Fuhrer Trump's azz that it is no surprise the WSJ would print a story such as that & then the next thing you know markets gain 200 points.

Great way to 'manipulate' markets by throwing crap at the wall & seeing what sticks.

Sounds like typical Trump 'con man' crap.

I did post a MW link but the original article is from The Wall Street Journal; they broke the story.

The WSJ is stuffed so far up Der Fuhrer Trump's azz that it is no surprise the WSJ would print a story such as that & then the next thing you know markets gain 200 points.

Great way to 'manipulate' markets by throwing crap at the wall & seeing what sticks.

Sounds like typical Trump 'con man' crap.
Still, I don't get it. Stocks go up and it's thanks Obama! You gotta admit it's confusing.

I never supported the trade war/tariff tactics. Nearly every economist I have read is of the opinion that trade wars are not good for the economy, and it is preferable to be a net importer versus a net exporter.

Trumps biggest asset- he still isn’t Hellary.

Forum List

Back