Trump getting praise from unlikely places

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
More praise in Middle East: Egyptian president says Trump 'capable of doing impossible' - The American Mirror

“Mr. President, let me express our appreciation and respect,” Sisi said through a translator.

“Let me say that you have a unique personality that is capable of doing the impossible.”

Trump laughed and replied, “That’s very interesting…I agree.”

CNN White House reporter Jeremy Diamond characterized the meeting between the two as “a buddy comedy routine.”

Meanwhile, on Monday, Trump met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli President Reuven Rivlin.

------
now it's time to trash egypt i'm sure. we can't have anyone appreciate trump. that just sets the fanatics off cause they don't *feel* like they do.

sheeeesh-----you quote them as if you imagine the remarks are SINCERE------however I do
appreciate the quotes so that I will know the latest BULLSHIT

sheeeesh-----you quote them as if you imagine the remarks are SINCERE------however I do
i cut / pasted the story.

if you're at the use of quotes, bitch at the author.

like i said - anytime someone compliments trump, here comes the haters to say why it's wrong.

More praise in Middle East: Egyptian president says Trump 'capable of doing impossible' - The American Mirror

“Mr. President, let me express our appreciation and respect,” Sisi said through a translator.

“Let me say that you have a unique personality that is capable of doing the impossible.”

CNN White House reporter Jeremy Diamond characterized the meeting between the two as “a buddy comedy routine.”

Meanwhile, on Monday, Trump met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli President Reuven Rivlin.

------
now it's time to trash egypt i'm sure. we can't have anyone appreciate trump. that just sets the fanatics off cause they don't *feel* like they do.
I suspect Trump will get some relief in the polls from people seeing that he isn't behaving insanely, and he will be treating kindly by the Saudis and Israelis because his policies are better for them than were Obamas. Personally I don't see either country as much of an ally of the US, but this board isn't really a for policy or ME forum.

However I think Trump's fortunes will still mostly be decided by whether the Turtle can somehow produce a HC bill that won't hurt a lot of Trump voters and the Russian "probes."

Well, despots DO like one another........

THE table was round, suggesting there might be a discussion. But Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, Egypt’s president, had no intention of letting his guests speak. For nearly two hours on April 13th he defended his policies before a group of officials and journalists on state television. When he finally stopped, there was applause, then silence. One politician tried to ask a question, but Mr Sisi cut him off: “I did not give permission for anyone to speak.”

The president must dream of controlling the public in such a way—and oh, how he’s tried, cracking down on civil society and banning protests. But criticism of Mr Sisi has grown louder of late, culminating in a burst of outrage over his decision to cede two uninhabited islands in the Red Sea, called Sanafir and Tiran, to Saudi Arabia. As pressure has mounted, Mr Sisi has looked unsteady. The once-beloved former general appears shocked and angered by the public’s lack of obedience.

http://www.economist.com/news/middl...dle-his-growing-army-critics-permission-speak

------
btw it was pretty funny to see Tillerson had a press conference that excluded the US press.

Tillerson holds a press conference without U.S. media

Did he have to kiss the Ring?

They understand our Grabber in Chief's need for adulation.

i cut / pasted the story.

if you're at the use of quotes, bitch at the author.

like i said - anytime someone compliments trump, here comes the haters to say why it's wrong.

I do not hate trump-------I, simply, got a handle on SISI's style

------
I suspect Trump will get some relief in the polls from people seeing that he isn't behaving insanely, and he will be treating kindly by the Saudis and Israelis because his policies are better for them than were Obamas. Personally I don't see either country as much of an ally of the US, but this board isn't really a for policy or ME forum.

However I think Trump's fortunes will still mostly be decided by whether the Turtle can somehow produce a HC bill that won't hurt a lot of Trump voters and the Russian "probes."
trump is in fact his own worst enemy. that's saying something given the hatred for him out there as well. but his speech yesterday was fine. a tad boring by his standards so instead i see people making fun of trump cause others went to sleep on him.

he can't win. :)

we'll see what he does overall but the fact they're trying to work together is a plus to me. just wish *we the people* here at home would do the same.

It's only "strange and unlikely" that the Egyptian president praises President Trump because Obama has made such a mess of foreign policy for the last eight freaking years.

didn't see that in the story. so at this point your need to bitch at him for things he *MAY* say is greater than trump actually saying something "bitch worthy".

you need to understand your own inherent need to bitch.

It's only "strange and unlikely" that the Egyptian president praises President Trump because Obama has made such a mess of foreign policy for the last eight freaking years.

SISI is SISI---not quite a muslim brotherhood man------but a jerky Nasserite nonetheless

didn't see that in the story. so at this point your need to bitch at him for things he *MAY* say is greater than trump actually saying something "bitch worthy".

Oh I'm sure the ring kissing ceremony was conducted in private.

Everyone knows the way to the "Grabby One's" favor is through overbearing adulation.

Everyone knows the way to the "Grabby One's" favor is through overbearing adulation.
this the same "everyone" who knows no matter what trump says or does, it's wrong? this the "everyone" who will twist anything to be bad for trump while all the time they say trump needs no help cause he just is *that bad*?

just trying to keep up with "everyone".

It's getting to the point where any praise for Trump from the Washington Post would be more "strange and unlikely" than Egypt.

this the same "everyone" who knows no matter what trump says or does, it's wrong? this the "everyone" who will twist anything to be bad for trump while all the time they say trump needs no help cause he just is *that bad*?

Embassies and leaders who have met with Trump have been speaking among themselves and with other dignitaries about how to handle the new president, and a number of themes have emerged, the report said.

Among them are suggestions to compliment Trump on his election win, and compare him favorably to former President Obama; not to expect him to know your country's history or hot-button issues; and make a short presentation tailored to his attention span, and don't try to bring up a long list of issues.

Foreign leaders told to praise Trump on election win: report

Embassies and leaders who have met with Trump have been speaking among themselves and with other dignitaries about how to handle the new president, and a number of themes have emerged, the report said.

Among them are suggestions to compliment Trump on his election win, and compare him favorably to former President Obama; not to expect him to know your country's history or hot-button issues; and make a short presentation tailored to his attention span, and don't try to bring up a long list of issues.

heh -

like i said - if trump ever gets a compliment it won't take but less than a second for a liberal to be pissed enough to slam it, discount it, diminish it and the like.

annoying as hell. they can't just let the man get a compliment cause while they say it's 100% impossible for obama to be wrong 100% of the time, they have no issue saying the opposite for trump.

no trump fan here - but i'm less of a fan of what we're doing to each other in all this and the biases we daily show w/o care about how they can affect us moreso than trump being in office ever could.

heh -

like i said - if trump ever gets a compliment it won't take but less than a second for a liberal to be pissed enough to slam it, discount it, diminish it and the like.

annoying as hell. they can't just let the man get a compliment cause while they say it's 100% impossible for obama to be wrong 100% of the time, they have no issue saying the opposite for trump.

no trump fan here - but i'm less of a fan of what we're doing to each other in all this and the biases we daily show w/o care about how they can affect us moreso than trump being in office ever could.

Not sure where all that came from but, you were questioning the "Everyone" in my reply. I was just trying to help you keep up.

In short, treat Trump like the 10 year old narcissist, and foreign countries will be praised by the low-self-esteemed, orange charlatan.....

Forum List

Back