Trump fires Sec of State- while he is in Africa- too cowardly to fire in person?

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
So today we find out that Secretary of State Tillerson found out about being fired when he read President Trump's twitter
Rex Tillerson fired as secretary of state - CNNPolitics

Shades of Comey- remember of course when Trump fired Comey, Comey also was out of Washington- on the West Coast- and found out through the press.

Apparently Trump can fire people in person for a reality show- but doesn't have the balls to fire his top officials face to face.

Does it really matter? Of course Trump can fire anyone he has the legal authority to fire, and he can be as cowardly as he wants in the manner that he does it.

Just another indication of the kind of man Trump really is.

So today we find out that Secretary of State Tillerson found out about being fired when he read President Trump's twitter

Shades of Comey- remember of course when Trump fired Comey, Comey also was out of Washington- on the West Coast- and found out through the press.

Apparently Trump can fire people in person for a reality show- but doesn't have the balls to fire his top officials face to face.

Does it really matter? Of course Trump can fire anyone he has the legal authority to fire, and he can be as cowardly as he wants in the manner that he does it.

Hell. Tillerson should be grateful. Now he can leave that shit hole. I'm sure he wasn't there to take in the culture.

I watched Tillerson's speech on the news this afternoon. Not only did he look really unhappy, you could hear the anger in his voice. Seems that he's going to stay until the end of the month so that he could have a smooth transition, but he's definitely leaving.

Hmm.....................I wonder if this is going to start a trend with the Trump supporters, you know, firing an employee via Twitter.

Hell. Tillerson should be grateful. Now he can leave that shit hole. I'm sure he wasn't there to take in the culture.

I am sure that Tillerson is glad to be rid of the job.

I can't say I approved Tillerson's actions- nor do I care that much that he is out. I think how he was fired was just indicative of the kind of man Trump is.

I watched Tillerson's speech on the news this afternoon. Not only did he look really unhappy, you could hear the anger in his voice. Seems that he's going to stay until the end of the month so that he could have a smooth transition, but he's definitely leaving.

Hmm.....................I wonder if this is going to start a trend with the Trump supporters, you know, firing an employee via Twitter.

Well lets see- he fired Comey by sending a letter to the FBI office- where he knew Comey wouldn't be- and then announcing it to reporters.

So yeah- I think this is just part of a pattern of firing people by announcing it in public- either to reporters or by Twitter rather than having the balls to do it face to face.

Presidents set policy.

Various cabinet members implement them.

If they don't like that they can resign.

If they refused to implement then they get fired.

It really IS that simple.

Yes, is you do not kiss my toe your fired.

One of the things that kinda makes me nervous is that Tillerson is going to be replaced by Pompeo, and Pompeo is a definite hawk.

With Tillerson leaving, I don't think that talks with N. Korea will take place by May. And, if Pompeo is as much of a hawk as they say he is, there may very well be military action instead of diplomacy with N. Korea.

I think Trump was upset that Tillerson kissed the president of Nambia on the cheeks.

Presidents set policy.

Various cabinet members implement them.

If they don't like that they can resign.

If they refused to implement then they get fired.

It really IS that simple.

Certainly- and a boss with any balls will fire his direct reports face to face- not via Tweeter.

It really is that simple.

One of the things that kinda makes me nervous is that Tillerson is going to be replaced by Pompeo, and Pompeo is a definite hawk.

With Tillerson leaving, I don't think that talks with N. Korea will take place by May. And, if Pompeo is as much of a hawk as they say he is, there may very well be military action instead of diplomacy with N. Korea.

Certainly I am concerned with his hawkishness- though otherwise I think he is better prepared to be SOS than Tillerson was. However, I think Trump has his ego all pumped up about the idea of his being the Great White Diplomat who talks NK out of their nukes- what I am more concerned about is that with all of the grownups leaving the White House, that Pompeo's hawkishness will lead to a Trade War.

Where, Oh Where is the source that claims he was fired on twitter?

Any employer who does not have the balls to fire you face to face or at least a video call isn't worth a pile of cow shit.

Where, Oh Where is the source that claims he was fired on twitter?

Think you better look at all the news on tv or internet and what Tillerson has said.

Certainly- and a boss with any balls will fire his direct reports face to face- not via Tweeter.

It really is that simple.

Now, now....Trump didn't make your hero walk home.......

My hero? LOL Tillerson was unprepared to be SOS and was mostly inadequate.

Your testicle free hero is too cowardly to fire someone to his face- he hides behind Twitter.

Forum List

Back