Trump ends Michelle Obama's effort to fight child hood obesity.

The low cal and low sodium restrictions do seem a bit harsh for growing teenagers. I remember when we were that age we could eat an enormous amount. And I was a little thing. Maybe starting with just more vegetables and fruit would have been a better idea.

or just let the locals handle it so parents can have an input on what their kids get fed.
They always have...

lady-michelle.jpg

The low cal and low sodium restrictions do seem a bit harsh for growing teenagers. I remember when we were that age we could eat an enormous amount. And I was a little thing. Maybe starting with just more vegetables and fruit would have been a better idea.

or just let the locals handle it so parents can have an input on what their kids get fed.
They always have...

When the feds apply guidelines like this, you really are not allowing local control.

They always have...

When the feds apply guidelines like this, you really are not allowing local control.
Local control will purchase what they can afford..There were no big changes at the local school when the guidelines were announced..I do believe they made whole grain mac and cheese...

They always have...

Local control will purchase what they can afford..There were no big changes at the local school when the guidelines were announced..I do believe they made whole grain mac and cheese...

I think the real impact was on portion size. The feds tried one size fits all, when really only certain kids are prone to obesity. So basically you deny the majority of kids the calories they can actually use just because some don't have the same metabolism.

The reality is....School Lunch standards will not change that much
Most schools still have dieticians advising on the menu

Instead of skim milk, kids will get 1%
There will still be vegetables and healthy entrees

Those schools that had crappy lunches under Obama will still have crappy lunches under Trump

According to my sources, my local high school started making better lunches as soon as the Obamas left the white house.

Forum List

Back