Trump- can he broker an Israeli/Palestine agreement?

Anything is possible it would be great if he could pull it off but given the history there it seems like a long shot.
Oh its a long shot- but according to Trump its going to happen.
I guess he could say the chances of it happening are slim and none which would be the more honest take on it but I'm 99.9% sure his critics would be unhappy with that as well.

Anything is possible it would be great if he could pull it off but given the history there it seems like a long shot.
I guess he could say the chances of it happening are slim and none which would be the more honest take on it but I'm 99.9% sure his critics would be unhappy with that as well.
Based on past performance, the moment Abbas sits at a table to discuss "peace", some Arab jerk off will blow up a restaurant.

Based on past performance, the moment Abbas sits at a table to discuss "peace", some Arab jerk off will blow up a restaurant.

More likely there would be an attempt to kill Abbas directly.

Does that mean no one should even try?

It's doomed to certain failure.
And even If a miracle occurred and a Peace Treaty is signed, Israel's in deep shit when a Democrat (God forbid) becomes President.
I only say this because Democrats have a habit lately of kissing Islamic ass.

And even If a miracle occurred and a Peace Treaty is signed, Israel's in deep shit when a Democrat (God forbid) becomes President.

A Democrat made the only decent Arab Israeli peace treaty that has been made.

Trump could possibly be another Carter- but its unlikely.

One of my bigger frustrations with President Obama is that he did little to try to address the Israeli/Palestine debacle.

Trump has announced that he is going to make such a deal happen- and I applaud his intentions- and I hope he succeeds. Perhaps Trump is the person to broker such a deal.

I think that Trump is so far a pretty dismal President- but even unsuccessful Presidents can have success's- Jimmy Carter brokered the only significant American diplomatic victory in the Middle East with the Camp David Accords- if Trump can broker a good Israel Palestine deal that works as well as the Camp David Accords- he will have assured a legacy for his presidency.

Since world war 2 every President has tried to broker an agreement--and the one that got closet was Bill Clinton. He gave Arafat the best deal on record and the world was shocked when Arafat turned it down. In fact, G.W. Bush wouldn't even acknowledge Arafat after what he did to Bill Clinton.

But Trump brokering a deal--LOL What's he going to go tweet them to death--LOL

TrumpTweets.jpg

A Democrat made the only decent Arab Israeli peace treaty that has been made.

Trump could possibly be another Carter- but its unlikely.
Egypt & Israel are separated by the Sinai.
And Sadat paid for it with his life.

Trump- can he broker an Israeli/Palestine agreement?

He cannot. He has no credibility with world leaders.

One of my bigger frustrations with President Obama is that he did little to try to address the Israeli/Palestine debacle.

Trump has announced that he is going to make such a deal happen- and I applaud his intentions- and I hope he succeeds. Perhaps Trump is the person to broker such a deal.

I think that Trump is so far a pretty dismal President- but even unsuccessful Presidents can have success's- Jimmy Carter brokered the only significant American diplomatic victory in the Middle East with the Camp David Accords- if Trump can broker a good Israel Palestine deal that works as well as the Camp David Accords- he will have assured a legacy for his presidency.

You need two willing participants in a deal, the Palestinians aren't willing to even recognize Israels right to exist. As long as that's the case, no one can broker a deal.

Forum List

Back