Trump Begins Throttling California

So ya wanna be a sanctuary state, do ya? Too busy taking care of foreigners to take care of forest management, eh?

In a Wednesday morning tweet, President Trump said he had instructed the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to cut off funding for California wildfire relief unless the state improves its forest management.

Trump Tells FEMA to Halt Funds for California Wildfires
Playing political games with people's lives.

And you applaud him for it.

Republicans are scumbags.

Well, California could just provide forest management. Just sayin.

I agree. They get these fires every year and if they didn't give in to the tree huggers their people could clear out brush and dead trees.

They need to manage their forests a hell of a lot better than they have been.

They also have money for a bullet train to Vegas and they are a Sanctuary State with money for all the illegals they let stay. They can afford to fight their own fires using only their money.
Again...most of California's forests are FEDERALLY owned and managed.

And THOSE are primarily the areas that burned

You can't build houses in the "national" forests dummy. :itsok:
It STARTED in the NATIONAL FOREST you fucking dummy

I agree. They get these fires every year and if they didn't give in to the tree huggers their people could clear out brush and dead trees.

They also have money for a bullet train to Vegas and they are a Sanctuary State with money for all the illegals they let stay. They can afford to fight their own fires using only their money.

And if CA managed its forests properly it would have ended in the National forest, you are a bit slow.

The national forest which bordered a bunch of million dollar luxury homes.
The owners lobbied the state gov. NOT to clear the undergrowth b/c there was a chance that the 'ten toed polka dot salamander' might be affected.
Even Jerry Brown agreed the Cal. gov. had fucked up by not brush clearing.
Fucking wise up!

So ya wanna be a sanctuary state, do ya? Too busy taking care of foreigners to take care of forest management, eh?

In a Wednesday morning tweet, President Trump said he had instructed the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to cut off funding for California wildfire relief unless the state improves its forest management.

This isn't how government works. Trump can't do this, and if he does he will be sued, and he will lose.

This is stupidity almost beyond belief but it is Donald Trump. Just when you think he can't get any dumber, he finds a way to go lower.
A foreigner who’s an expert on our government.

Trump did it.

Imagine that! Living next door to the USA, hearing daily that it is the greatest country on earth. Watching American TV, and American news. In fact enduring a cultural indoctrination so thorough growing up with American media, that the Canadian government has now legislated against the level of American media content I grew up with, so how could I possible know ANYTHING about American government and how it functions.

Oh, and Canadians were also taught about the Canadian governement and the US government and how they are different and how they both function, when we were in school. I also worked in international law for close to 30 years, which required me to be familiar with US government agencies.

Not every nation's citizens are like Americans, growing up ignorant of other nations and how they function. Americans are the most narcistic people on earth. Canadians long ago learned how the gorilla next door behaves because our economic life has been tied to yours for so long. Every time your economy sneezed, our economy gets a cold, except in 2008, it didn't happen, and it didn't happen because we refused to deregulate the banks.

Canada has developed its own economy, independent of yours, that we survived the Great Recession with just a glancing blow. Your's isn't circling the drain, yet, but the handing of the next recession is critical, especially the weakening of the economic underpinnings created by the Trump tax cuts, and the ballooning of the deficit.

Yeah, Rs are spineless for caving all of the time and Dems circle the bottom of the outhouse .

Like what kind of forest management? Like watering the trees the ten months there is no rain out of the year?

Like fire cuts and controlled burns.

Do they rake forests in your neck of the world, billy? Is your State red? If not, take care not to piss 'Da Man' off. His ego needs constant feeding and he will turn on you like a sidewinder if you don't stroke him ardently.

They might. We don't have fires every other day like California.
Do you live by a desert and an ocean?

If you live by an ocean, and can't find enough water to fight fires around you; Idk what to say about that.

If you spend billions on a train to nowhere, and none on firefighting planes and forestry management, DERP!
I live in a forest and there is no control burns and the kindling is not allowed to be collected. Yet the difference is the climate. Can you change the climate in California?

Yes! Climate Change! Gimme Money! Mo-ney! I change Climate, Gimme Money! ;)

iu
Do you look at a dog and only see turds?

Go talk to the Democrats.

This isn't how government works. Trump can't do this, and if he does he will be sued, and he will lose.

This is stupidity almost beyond belief but it is Donald Trump. Just when you think he can't get any dumber, he finds a way to go lower.

Trump did it.

Imagine that! Living next door to the USA, hearing daily that it is the greatest country on earth. Watching American TV, and American news. In fact enduring a cultural indoctrination so thorough growing up with American media, that the Canadian government has now legislated against the level of American media content I grew up with, so how could I possible know ANYTHING about American government and how it functions.

Oh, and Canadians were also taught about the Canadian governement and the US government and how they are different and how they both function, when we were in school. I also worked in international law for close to 30 years, which required me to be familiar with US government agencies.

Not every nation's citizens are like Americans, growing up ignorant of other nations and how they function. Americans are the most narcistic people on earth. Canadians long ago learned how the gorilla next door behaves because our economic life has been tied to yours for so long. Every time your economy sneezed, our economy gets a cold, except in 2008, it didn't happen, and it didn't happen because we refused to deregulate the banks.

Canada has developed its own economy, independent of yours, that we survived the Great Recession with just a glancing blow. Your's isn't circling the drain, yet, but the handing of the next recession is critical, especially the weakening of the economic underpinnings created by the Trump tax cuts, and the ballooning of the deficit.

Inside every Canadian is an American trying to get out.

The owners lobbied the state gov. NOT to clear the undergrowth b/c there was a chance that the 'ten toed polka dot salamander' might be affected.
Fucking wise up!

Please stop with the lies. Clearing the underbrush had NOTHING to do with the California wild fires. Governor Jerry Brown looked at Trump like he had grown two heads when he suggested it.

The President of Norway publically mocked and laughed at Donald Trump for this ridiculous suggestion.

Trump did it.

Hey, Canadian! I salute you. As a Michigander, you are 60 miles from where I grew up and about 40 from where I now live. I love Canada, especially the parts of Ontario I am familiar with. But mostly I remember how Canada had our backs all my life, especially during the Iranian crisis. And I loved the billboard in Detroit facing Windsor that said "Thank You Canada" during those trying days. And you are right, Americans have always thought of Canadians as sort of lovable country cousins..with a few foibles. I remember once gassing up in Hamilton and the attendant complained about American money being all the same color making it hard to tell apart. Or warning us about plugging in our electric appliances. Canada has been a better friend to us than we have been to Canada and many of us appreciate it. I was also especially impressed during the Sego mine disaster proceedings when the the lady who was commissioner of mines (or whatever she's called) testified about Canadian laws of mine safety and how advanced they are. I love my country and still have hope for its ideals, but consider Canada our most admired friend. Please be patient with us...we are still a work in progress.

Trump did it.

Oh Canada!
Where they prosecute you for saying Islam has been hijacked by people wishing to do evil in the world.

Go talk to the Democrats.
I do. Mostly because republicans are scumbags.

What's your point?

Fucking wise up!

Please stop with the lies. Clearing the underbrush had NOTHING to do with the California wild fires. Governor Jerry Brown looked at Trump like he had grown two heads when he suggested it.

The President of Norway publically mocked and laughed at Donald Trump for this ridiculous suggestion.

Oh so under brush doesn't burn??

If there is no under brush the fire had a hard time spreading.

As for Brown?? He, like you, doesn't know how fire travels.

You really should educate yourself before you end up sounding like a fool.

Do they rake forests in your neck of the world, billy? Is your State red? If not, take care not to piss 'Da Man' off. His ego needs constant feeding and he will turn on you like a sidewinder if you don't stroke him ardently.
------------------------------------ raking is just a way of saying , clean up the dead falls and debris and brush on the forest floor Bullwinkle .

Trump did it.

Nope. Ask yourself why nobody is talking about building a wall along the American border. Canadians aren't leaving, despite the ice, the cold and the snow, we're not crossing the southern border to go to the USA.

I have zero interest in being an American, and I've had multiple opportunities to move to the US, including an offer of marriage, all of which I declined. Canada is a much better country for people who aren't wealthy to live in. I worked around real wealth all of my adult life, and have no desire for it. I don't like the lifestyle. I'm comfortable, and have enough to live on and take care of myself, so I'm happy. I live near the lake, in a quiet, friendly, little town, close to my children and grandchildren.

The air is clean, as is the water, I don't worry about the drinking water. My pensions are guaranteed and locked in for life, indexed to inflation. Canada is a kindler, gentler nation. No handguns, universal health care, and our Constitution says that Canadians must help others. Canadians are not Americans, nor do they wish to be. That you think I want to BE an American is you projecting your belief that you live in the greatest country on earth, and my knowledge, based on facts, that the USA is far from the greatest country on earth because you spend all your money on war, and violence, and refuse to take proper care of your people.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Fucking wise up!

You are ignorant on this topic. When the "underbrush" is several feet thick due to idiot government policies action is needed.

Fucking wise up!

Oh so under brush doesn't burn??

If there is no under brush the fire had a hard time spreading.

As for Brown?? He, like you, doesn't know how fire travels.

You really should educate yourself before you end up sounding like a fool.

Dem's are running their big fat mouths and don't have a clue what they are talking about.

California is the most mismanaged state in the U.S. It is utterly criminal what the Democrats have done to that once great state. Glad I got out of there when I did. Now, even major industry is leaving, and taking its jobs with it due to the extremely high taxes, high energy costs, and other high costs of doing business.

Nah! I’m very proud, blessed and successful here in California. I will not dare living any where else.

Business leaving California has been going on BUT ......

We are the 6th largest economy in the world. Other states can not even come close.. Business are booming all over that I can’t complain. With the largest populations at 4.1% unemployment. Awesome.

Nah! I’m very proud, blessed and successful here in California. I will not dare living any where else.

Business leaving California has been going on BUT ......

We are the 6th largest economy in the world. Other states can not even come close.. Business are booming all over that I can’t complain. With the largest populations at 4.1% unemployment. Awesome.

The WELL TO DO (wealthy) are still doing very well in California. It has become like Venezuela. The elite, well off are fine. The poor get public support, and the Middle Income Earner gets pushed out.

Forum List

Back