Trump Apparently Does Not Know Right From Wrong So He Must Be Requesting Confinement

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
Trump Apparently Does Not Know Right From Wrong So He Must Want Confinement. Of course he is.......he needs some new kind of social interaction. Or maybe he needs a lesson in discipline.

Aug. 16, 2023, 4:56 PM CDT

By Glenn Kirschner, MSNBC Columnist

Former President Donald Trump now stands criminally indicted in four separate cases.

Presently, he is on pretrial release in three of those cases, but it’s more than likely that the judge in the fourth case also decides to release him pending trial in Fulton County, Georgia.

However, given a recent post in which Trump declared that a witness “shouldn’t” testify before Fani Willis’ grand jury there, the former president may be at higher risk of a judge getting sick of his bad behavior.

I attended Trump’s arraignment hearing in early August in federal court in Washington, D.C. And I heard Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya say something that caught my attention.In the federal system, there are a number of laws that guide judges in deciding when they can and/or should detain a defendant pending trial.

The Federal Bail Reform Act of 1966 established a presumption in favor of pretrial release. Congress further fine-tuned the law by amending the act in 1984, requiring a judge to release a defendant pending trial unless the judge concludes that detention is necessary to reasonably assure the defendant will not flee and/or endanger others.

When a judge decides to release a defendant pending trial, they will set conditions of release that, if violated, can result in sanctions, up to and including pretrial detention.

I attended Trump’s arraignment hearing in early August in federal court in Washington, D.C.

And I heard Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya say something that caught my attention. She told Trump that his “most important condition” of release was not committing a state, federal or local crime while on release. If Trump were to do so, she warned, a warrant could be issued for his arrest and he could be detained pending trial.

But on Monday, Trump posted something to social media that certainly could be interpreted as violating that “most important” condition of release.

Just a few hours before the Georgia grand jury voted to indict him, the now-defendant posted: “I am reading reports that failed former Lt. Governor, Jeff Duncan, will be testifying before the Fulton County Grand Jury. He shouldn’t.” (Trump, who misspelled Duncan's first name, Geoff, went on to call Duncan “a nasty disaster.”)

'She knows who she is dealing with here': Judge sets limits for Trump; violation seems inevitable

Here we have Trump publicly telling a witness who he knew was scheduled to testify before a grand jury investigating his alleged crimes, that the witness should not testify. Cutting right to the chase, this is Trump taking a page out of the “Witness Tampering for Dummies” playbook.

Trump Apparently Does Not Know Right From Wrong So He Must Want Confinement. Of course he is.......he needs some new kind of social interaction. Or maybe he needs a lesson in discipline.

Former President Donald Trump now stands criminally indicted in four separate cases.

Presently, he is on pretrial release in three of those cases, but it’s more than likely that the judge in the fourth case also decides to release him pending trial in Fulton County, Georgia.

However, given a recent post in which Trump declared that a witness “shouldn’t” testify before Fani Willis’ grand jury there, the former president may be at higher risk of a judge getting sick of his bad behavior.

I attended Trump’s arraignment hearing in early August in federal court in Washington, D.C. And I heard Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya say something that caught my attention.In the federal system, there are a number of laws that guide judges in deciding when they can and/or should detain a defendant pending trial.

The Federal Bail Reform Act of 1966 established a presumption in favor of pretrial release. Congress further fine-tuned the law by amending the act in 1984, requiring a judge to release a defendant pending trial unless the judge concludes that detention is necessary to reasonably assure the defendant will not flee and/or endanger others.

When a judge decides to release a defendant pending trial, they will set conditions of release that, if violated, can result in sanctions, up to and including pretrial detention.

I attended Trump’s arraignment hearing in early August in federal court in Washington, D.C.

And I heard Magistrate Judge Moxila A. Upadhyaya say something that caught my attention. She told Trump that his “most important condition” of release was not committing a state, federal or local crime while on release. If Trump were to do so, she warned, a warrant could be issued for his arrest and he could be detained pending trial.

But on Monday, Trump posted something to social media that certainly could be interpreted as violating that “most important” condition of release.

Just a few hours before the Georgia grand jury voted to indict him, the now-defendant posted: “I am reading reports that failed former Lt. Governor, Jeff Duncan, will be testifying before the Fulton County Grand Jury. He shouldn’t.” (Trump, who misspelled Duncan's first name, Geoff, went on to call Duncan “a nasty disaster.”)

'She knows who she is dealing with here': Judge sets limits for Trump; violation seems inevitable

Here we have Trump publicly telling a witness who he knew was scheduled to testify before a grand jury investigating his alleged crimes, that the witness should not testify. Cutting right to the chase, this is Trump taking a page out of the “Witness Tampering for Dummies” playbook.
Just here for the tds

"He shouldn't testify", is that all TRUMP said? How is that a threat?

It's difficult to look at the things he's saying and posting right now, and not wonder if he really understands what he's doing.

I'd bet that none of us can say that we have ever seen a person behave like he does, ever. Adult or child.
He's not gonna make it. He's too undisciplined, and this is just the beginning of his ordeal.

Forum List

Back