Trump Admin Pushes 9th Circuit Members Without OK from Feinstein

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The old biddy is pissed.

She wasn’t able to use her “blue slip” prerogative, something that’s not in the constitution or law.

I take it that without notice or discussion, the blue slip is essentially dead,” Feinstein, the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said in televised remarks on Thursday. “This change in practice not only harms the Senate, it harms the federal judiciary. And I wish we could’ve had an opportunity to discuss it. I really believe it’s a mistake.”

Feinstein, whose handling of the Brett Kavanuagh confirmation process still rankles conservatives, went on: “Before President Trump took office, the blue slip had been a Senate practice for nearly one century. And during the past 100 years, before this presidency, the Senate confirmed only five judges with only one blue slip, and the last one was in 1989 – and in 100 years the Senate had never confirmed a judge without two blue slips.”

Boohoo.

More @ Feinstein fumes as Trump administration pushes forward with 9th Circuit nominees without consulting her – True Pundit

Forum List

Back