Trump actually did way better in his midterms than Obama and Clinton

Obama had Bushes shit economy getting shittier at the time .

Trump has “the greatest economy ever “ as he calls it .

If you go look up Obama he got us out of the mess that bush put us in.

What I want you to do is learn politics because it's Obama's economy not trumps.

What I want you to do is learn politics because it's Obama's economy not trumps.

It was the SLOWEST economic recovery for the US EVER. Obama should hang his head in shame.

He did, the left had to recruit phonys to win. All those suburban districts were won by moderate military vets.......this will be fun to watch.

Moderate on their face. Let's see how they vote. I don't think moderate Democrats exist anymore.
oh I agree 100%. They will have voting records next time, so to get elected they will need to moderate, but the crazies won't let them....it will be very interesting...I think they'll vote left and hope no one notices.

he is anti trump

it is Trump's economy. At some point you need to take responsibility. Obama blamed Bush for 8 years....8 fucking years, it's rediculous

You quacks took a shellacking over Obunglescare ...we told you ya would and you did. It was ugly

And the cons tried thier best to sabotage Obamacare . Now look where we are, health care is the #1 voter issue and the gop has nothing to offer .
well sure it is a shit show.

Like I said . Sabotage .

Now the Trump lies aren’t fooling people . Where’s the Obamacare repeal ? Where’s the super awesome replacement that is way better and costs nothing!?!
yeah the senate needed 60 votes, meaning they needed demoloser buy in, that wasn't everrrrrrrr going to happen and didn't. so yeah there is the fact that the dems ran on healthcare yet didn't want to do anything with it when it was needed. keep me going, I enjoy smacking you all down.

If the never Trumpers wouldn't have been cowards he would have kept the house.

Tremendous winning.

What really hurt bigtime was the members of the GOP that decided to resign. Once their seats were up for grabs, we lost the "power of incumbency".

This is what I was getting at earlier, there was no blue wave.

Trump actually did way better than Obama in his first midterm

• President Donald Trump on Tuesday night lost control of the House of Representatives.
  • Democrats seized at least 26 seats to gain a majority that could stymie his agenda and lead to investigation of his administration.
  • But he did way better than then-President Barack Obama in his first midterm election.
  • Presidents almost always lose a few dozen House seats in the midterms.Barack Obama lost 63 in 2010 and Bill Clinton lost 52 in 1994.
  • The elections haven't all been called yet, but Trump likely lost around 30 House seats, making it a pretty strong showing.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday night lost the House of Representatives to the Democrats, who seized at least 26 seats from the Republicans.

A majority-Democrat House threatens to stymie Trump's agenda and could lead to the investigation of his administration. But, all told, he didn't do so badly.

In midterm elections, a president's party loses a handful of seats. For former President Barack Obama, midterm elections in 2010 and 2014 were catastrophic compared to Trump's moderate losses.

Whatever helps you sleep at night! :113:

It actually does, it simply was not the blowout that so many claimed it was going to be.

Yes, true. Compared to most other midterm elections when the same party controlled the White House and Congress, the Republicans did very well in this midterm. The real battleground was the Senate, since that's the body that confirms district court judges, appeals court judges, and Supreme Court judges. Plus, if the House votes for impeachment, there will be no chance that the Senate will vote to remove him.

he is anti trump

it is Trump's economy. At some point you need to take responsibility. Obama blamed Bush for 8 years....8 fucking years, it's rediculous

How's that economy doing under trump?People say it's booming but take a closer look Trump is failing

he is anti trump

How's that economy doing under trump?People say it's booming but take a closer look Trump is failing

Seven posts ago you claimed it was Ear's economy....dumbass

You're a joke

he is anti trump

Seven posts ago you claimed it was Ear's economy....dumbass

You're a joke

Ear's economy? Write back to me when you finish elementary school and type English bitch.

Funny, the media will call this spin, while applauding Robert Orouke for his loss in Texas.

• President Donald Trump on Tuesday night lost control of the House of Representatives.
  • Democrats seized at least 26 seats to gain a majority that could stymie his agenda and lead to investigation of his administration.
  • But he did way better than then-President Barack Obama in his first midterm election.
  • Presidents almost always lose a few dozen House seats in the midterms.Barack Obama lost 63 in 2010 and Bill Clinton lost 52 in 1994.
  • The elections haven't all been called yet, but Trump likely lost around 30 House seats, making it a pretty strong showing.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday night lost the House of Representatives to the Democrats, who seized at least 26 seats from the Republicans.

A majority-Democrat House threatens to stymie Trump's agenda and could lead to the investigation of his administration. But, all told, he didn't do so badly.

In midterm elections, a president's party loses a handful of seats. For former President Barack Obama, midterm elections in 2010 and 2014 were catastrophic compared to Trump's moderate losses.

Only because the Republicans had fewer Senate seats to defend and most of those were in safe red districts or safely gerrymandered.

Only because the Republicans had fewer Senate seats to defend and most [House seats] were in safe red districts or safely gerrymandered.

Corrected it for you. It's hard to gerrymander U.S. Senate "districts".

But yes, Democrats very likely won substantially higher vote proportions than the won seats will reflect, in both Houses. And let's not even begin to talk about vote suppression.

Only because the Republicans had fewer Senate seats to defend and most of those were in safe red districts or safely gerrymandered.

You cannot gerrymander Senate races...what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

As a percentage of seats open/ congressmen running again, Trump did worse than the 2010 tea party midterm win....

A full 33% of all Republican held offices nationwide flipped blue on Tuesday. Obama saw the opposite; Republicans gained nationwide offices, continuing a trend that had already been going on for years by that point and persisted until two days ago.

No, Donald did not do better than Obama in the midterms.

Forum List

Back