True history of the birther movement: Telegraph UK 2011

It was out there long before the 2008 campaign but it is true that the Clinton supporters kicked it up a notch.

"False rumours about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant, claimed Mr Obama was secretly Muslim.

Related theories — including that he was radicalised in a “madrassa” in Indonesia — developed after Mr Obama entered the national stage with a speech to the Democratic National Convention later that year.

In 2005, Mr Obama went to Washington as the junior US senator for Illinois. The rumours about him persisted, but seemingly failed to take hold among political insiders and voters alike.

It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.

An anonymous email circulated by supporters of Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii."

Birther row began with Hillary Clinton

So this week we do blame candidates for what their supporters do?

Yeah yeah, every one knows that the Hillary campaign in 2008 started the whole birther movement.

Some lies never die in the Republican bubble.

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement?

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and "was all in."

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction.

Trump goes on to completely distort the chain of events by claiming Clinton "was all in" on the birther movement. Most of the talk started after Clinton suspended her presidential campaign. And the only thing she officially has ever done is deny any accusation of starting a whisper campaign.

We rate this claim False.

Yeah and Politifact is a bona fide in the tank propaganda arm of the Dems.

And now Carla knows why the lies never die in the Republican bubble...they ignore or dismiss facts as "propaganda". :lol:

In Politics, Sometimes The Facts Don't Matter

True History of Birtherism- Trump

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding. He spent $2 million in legal fees trying on to get away from this issue, and if it weren't an issue, why wouldn't he just solve it? I wish he would because if he doesn't, it's one of the greatest scams in the history of politics and in the history, period. You are not allowed to be a president if you're not born in this country. Right now, I have real doubts."

— Trump, April 7, 2011

“Maybe I’m going to do the tax returns when Obama does his birth certificate. I may tie my tax returns. I’d love to give my tax returns. I may tie my tax returns into Obama’s birth certificate.”

— Trump, April 19, 2011

April 25, 2011- President Obama shows reporters and voters certified copies of his birth certificate- Trump claims credit.
Obama birth certificate released – Donald Trump claims credit

(of course Trump never released his tax returns.....)

2016- Trump blames his Birtherism on Clinton.

Yo, the Jury is still out on this "Muslim Named, Half & Half," in Washington? He does have the Name? And stands for the Muslim Extremist?

""Barack Hussein Obama II""
View attachment 73886
Yet another GOP scripted fake quote lie spread by the stupidest assholes on Earth!!!!!

Yo, Ass-Hole? Maybe you will learn one day!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 73899
Again we see the worthless lying America-hating CON$ervoFascist scum use Photoshop to project their pure hatred for this GREAT country onto their America-loving political enemies.
Thank you.

It was out there long before the 2008 campaign but it is true that the Clinton supporters kicked it up a notch.

"False rumours about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant, claimed Mr Obama was secretly Muslim.

Related theories — including that he was radicalised in a “madrassa” in Indonesia — developed after Mr Obama entered the national stage with a speech to the Democratic National Convention later that year.

In 2005, Mr Obama went to Washington as the junior US senator for Illinois. The rumours about him persisted, but seemingly failed to take hold among political insiders and voters alike.

It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.

An anonymous email circulated by supporters of Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii."

No way...we all know Bush did it.

Yo, the Jury is still out on this "Muslim Named, Half & Half," in Washington? He does have the Name? And stands for the Muslim Extremist?

View attachment 73886
Yet another GOP scripted fake quote lie spread by the stupidest assholes on Earth!!!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 73899
Again we see the worthless lying America-hating CON$ervoFascist scum use Photoshop to project their pure hatred for this GREAT country onto their America-loving political enemies.
Thank you.

if I hate the president then I hate America. Lets see if this statement is true. Since president isnn't synonomous with America then hating the president is not the same statement as hating America.

View attachment 73886

"GTP"
View attachment 73899
Thank you.

Yo, let`s see what happens, and what is said, when Trump and his Lovely First Lady start their term?

"GTP"
b50950d3cb285160fea6706be8f7af9c.jpg

View attachment 73886

I totally agree. Any and all criticism of the democratic party is a lie because the democratic party is perfect in every way.

View attachment 73886

"GTP"
View attachment 73899
Thank you.

if I hate the president then I hate America. Lets see if this statement is true. Since president isnn't synonomous with America then hating the president is not the same statement as hating America.

Yo, I think you will LOVE TRUMP!!! Anything is better than the Half & Half there now!!!

"GTP"
proud-american-forward-politics-1351280468.jpg

View attachment 73886

I totally agree. Any and all criticism of the democratic party is a lie because the democratic party is perfect in every way.

Yo,
85a80ce7c53efb60fd6097879907a83e.jpg

Your brain is SHOT!!!

"GTP"
0e1964c1026a25a8d25f68c453f76685.jpg

Yeah yeah, every one knows that the Hillary campaign in 2008 started the whole birther movement.

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Our ruling

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction.

Trump goes on to completely distort the chain of events by claiming Clinton "was all in" on the birther movement. Most of the talk started after Clinton suspended her presidential campaign. And the only thing she officially has ever done is deny any accusation of starting a whisper campaign.

And now Carla knows why the lies never die in the Republican bubble...they ignore or dismiss facts as "propaganda". :lol:

In Politics, Sometimes The Facts Don't Matter
What I wrote was, "The Hillary Campaign." I didn't say that, "Hillary said it." There is a subtle but substantial difference. It's called plausible deniability. The Clinton's are masters of this. The information is funneled to underlings so it cannot be connected or directly traced back to them. Other big power players in D.C. have played these sort of "dirty tricks" politics as well.

I know that this has never been directly connected to Hillary, but as it was her supporters that started the rumors and had the information to begin with, it amounts to the same thing.

Thus the truth of the statement, "Every one knows that the Hillary campaign in 2008 started the whole birther movement."

Who said it first? Romney supporters? Bush supporters? Or a PAC trying to get Hillary elected? How did they get their info? Can it be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt she had nothing to do with it? I guess, if you are so gullible to believe her when she says she had nothing to do with the passing of the info. But who really believes her, right? :dunno: :lmao:

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Our ruling

Glug, glug, glug, TinyDrunk....Mister "tin foil" Beale is trying to say it was started by the Hillary campaign.

Even your article says it was a Hillary supporter. There's a difference between her campaign and a supporter.

Learn to read.

Thank you.
Are you are Hillary supporter?

Are you actively campaigning for her?

Thus, are you not part of her campaign?

I guess, we shall just have to disagree on the matter of terms. No one can be sure where that anonymous email came from. Some of us aren't so naive as to believe that privileged and hard to come by information that will hurt an opponent's campaign just doesn't drop out of the sky. It costs money to hire P.I.'s

Whether a person is paid or unpaid to be part of a campaign, if they support a campaign, and do things to actively support it, they go from passively supporting it, to actively supporting it. At that point, they BECOME not just supporters, but campaigners.

Anonymous emails?

When is the last time you heard Hillary Clinton accuse Obama of not being born in the US?

The lie that Barack Obama was not born in the US has been fuelled by fringe Republicans

It was not until last month, and the emergence of the property tycoon Donald Trump as a potential Republican presidential candidate, that the issue was thrust back into national prominence.

Mr Trump outed himself as a “birther” in an interview on his private jet on March 17. “The reason I have a little doubt — just a little — is because he grew up and nobody knew him,” he told ABC News.

Over the following weeks, Mr Trump reiterated his comments repeatedly. He added a string of further allegations, including that Mr Obama’s grandmother had recalled witnessing his birth in Kenya, which were simply not true.

Donald Trump- fringe Republican- Birther

More bullshit by the liberals who support a liar.

At this point I no longer care let the historians argue the truth and others decide if there will be consequences, because come January 20, 2017 he's out of there, planning a presidential library, and what to do with the butt loads of cash all those suckers on the left will pay to hear every, single TelePrompter guided word.

Who said it first? Romney supporters? Bush supporters? Or a PAC trying to get Hillary elected? How did they get their info?
It started in late February 2008 with Operation Chaos telling DittoTards to pretend to be Clinton supporters to keep her campaign going, then March 1 the first birther claims appeared on freerepublic. Then in April "anonymous" emails pretending to be from Clinton/Op Chaos supporters began appearing.

Last edited:
Who said it first? Romney supporters? Bush supporters? Or a PAC trying to get Hillary elected? How did they get their info?
It started in late February 2008 with Operation Chaos telling DittoTards to pretend to be Clinton supporters to keep her campaign going, then March 1 the first birther claims appeared on freerepublic. Then "anonymous" emails pretending to be from Clinton/Op Chaos supporters began appearing.

And...the best part.....they were trying to sink Clinton, not Obama. Those dummies thought Obama would be easier to beat than Clinton in the general.

It started in late February 2008 with Operation Chaos telling DittoTards to pretend to be Clinton supporters to keep her campaign going, then March 1 the first birther claims appeared on freerepublic. Then in April "anonymous" emails pretending to be from Clinton/Op Chaos supporters began appearing.
Sure, I'll play along.

:link:

Forum List

Back