True history of the birther movement: Telegraph UK 2011

We know that it was Hillary campaigners that started the whole thing.
You don't "KNOW" shit!

The-Firesign-Theatre-Everything-You-Kn-410810.jpg

Sure Koch shill Benny "the liar" Smith is hardly a credible source for anything but Right-wing gossip.

Hillary and her team leaked it but it would take an honest Democrat to admit it, and they don't exist.

Yeah yeah, every one knows that the Hillary campaign in 2008 started the whole birther movement.

Some lies never die in the Republican bubble.

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement?

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and "was all in."

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction.

Trump goes on to completely distort the chain of events by claiming Clinton "was all in" on the birther movement. Most of the talk started after Clinton suspended her presidential campaign. And the only thing she officially has ever done is deny any accusation of starting a whisper campaign.

We rate this claim False.

Yeah and Politifact is a bona fide in the tank propaganda arm of the Dems.

Glug, glug, glug, TinyDrunk....Mister "tin foil" Beale is trying to say it was started by the Hillary campaign.

Even your article says it was a Hillary supporter. There's a difference between her campaign and a supporter.

Learn to read.

Thank you.
Are you are Hillary supporter?

Are you actively campaigning for her?

Thus, are you not part of her campaign?

I guess, we shall just have to disagree on the matter of terms. No one can be sure where that anonymous email came from. Some of us aren't so naive as to believe that privileged and hard to come by information that will hurt an opponent's campaign just doesn't drop out of the sky. It costs money to hire P.I.'s

Whether a person is paid or unpaid to be part of a campaign, if they support a campaign, and do things to actively support it, they go from passively supporting it, to actively supporting it. At that point, they BECOME not just supporters, but campaigners.

As you note- no one knows the source of anonymous emails.

But we do know that Trump has spent the last 5 years spouting Birther idiocy.

If Hilary's camp did start the rumor- then Trump was just a patsy who was played like a fool by Hilary's campaign.

Or he just decided to play the fool himself.
View attachment 73960

images

images

images

I am going to jump in on your response because it is the best place to do so.

Donald Trump is on record of being one of the true birthers that fueled the nonsense.

Did Donald Trump start the Birther Movement?

No.

Now with that written the fact remains he made wild claims and never backed them up, and those that voted for him should question why, but instead they do not ever question the Donald...

Also Donald Trump was doing his birther nonsense on Ted " Canadian Anchor Baby " Cruz and would have gone full blown birther had Cruz beaten him in the Nomination race.

The argument from the right about who started the birther movement does not excuse Trump stupidity and let face it lies about President Obama birth.

Trump was and still is a Nationalist Birther and in the end those voting for him are just looking for excuses to excuse Trump racist nonsense because had it been some pasty white guy he would have never questioned if that person was eligible to run for President.

Hell John McCain was born in Panama ( of course on a military base and to two U.S. citizens ) and yet Trump never made one comment about McCain and I bet if Romney father were alive today Trump would have been very quiet about the fact Romney dad was born in Mexico.

One last thing and I believe Trump hatred for Jeb Bush has to do with Jeb being married to a Hispanic Female and less about Jeb Bush political stances...

Hillary and her team leaked it but it would take an honest Democrat to admit it, and they don't exist.
The Right just make up shit out of thin air and then lie in packs, AKA The Echo Chamber, but are not honest enough to admit it while accusing everyone of being dishonest who doesn't swallow their lies.

It was out there long before the 2008 campaign but it is true that the Clinton supporters kicked it up a notch.

"False rumours about Mr Obama’s background first surfaced in 2004, in Illinois, where he was a state senator. Andy Martin, a perennial local candidate and litigant, claimed Mr Obama was secretly Muslim.

Related theories — including that he was radicalised in a “madrassa” in Indonesia — developed after Mr Obama entered the national stage with a speech to the Democratic National Convention later that year.

In 2005, Mr Obama went to Washington as the junior US senator for Illinois. The rumours about him persisted, but seemingly failed to take hold among political insiders and voters alike.

It was not until April 2008, at the height of the intensely bitter Democratic presidential primary process, that the touch paper was properly lit.

An anonymous email circulated by supporters of Mrs Clinton, Mr Obama’s main rival for the party’s nomination, thrust a new allegation into the national spotlight — that he had not been born in Hawaii."

Birther row began with Hillary Clinton

Actually it started when Obama told his publisher in roughly 1990 that he was born in Kenya. Obama was the original birther

Some lies never die in the Republican bubble.

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement?

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and "was all in."

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction.

Trump goes on to completely distort the chain of events by claiming Clinton "was all in" on the birther movement. Most of the talk started after Clinton suspended her presidential campaign. And the only thing she officially has ever done is deny any accusation of starting a whisper campaign.

We rate this claim False.

Yeah and Politifact is a bona fide in the tank propaganda arm of the Dems.

Glug, glug, glug, TinyDrunk....Mister "tin foil" Beale is trying to say it was started by the Hillary campaign.

Even your article says it was a Hillary supporter. There's a difference between her campaign and a supporter.

Learn to read.

Thank you.
Are you are Hillary supporter?

Are you actively campaigning for her?

Thus, are you not part of her campaign?

I guess, we shall just have to disagree on the matter of terms. No one can be sure where that anonymous email came from. Some of us aren't so naive as to believe that privileged and hard to come by information that will hurt an opponent's campaign just doesn't drop out of the sky. It costs money to hire P.I.'s

Whether a person is paid or unpaid to be part of a campaign, if they support a campaign, and do things to actively support it, they go from passively supporting it, to actively supporting it. At that point, they BECOME not just supporters, but campaigners.

As you note- no one knows the source of anonymous emails.

But we do know that Trump has spent the last 5 years spouting Birther idiocy.

If Hilary's camp did start the rumor- then Trump was just a patsy who was played like a fool by Hilary's campaign.

Or he just decided to play the fool himself.
View attachment 73960

images

images

images

I am going to jump in on your response because it is the best place to do so.

Donald Trump is on record of being one of the true birthers that fueled the nonsense.

Did Donald Trump start the Birther Movement?

No.

Now with that written the fact remains he made wild claims and never backed them up, and those that voted for him should question why, but instead they do not ever question the Donald...

Also Donald Trump was doing his birther nonsense on Ted " Canadian Anchor Baby " Cruz and would have gone full blown birther had Cruz beaten him in the Nomination race.

The argument from the right about who started the birther movement does not excuse Trump stupidity and let face it lies about President Obama birth.

Trump was and still is a Nationalist Birther and in the end those voting for him are just looking for excuses to excuse Trump racist nonsense because had it been some pasty white guy he would have never questioned if that person was eligible to run for President.

Hell John McCain was born in Panama ( of course on a military base and to two U.S. citizens ) and yet Trump never made one comment about McCain and I bet if Romney father were alive today Trump would have been very quiet about the fact Romney dad was born in Mexico.

One last thing and I believe Trump hatred for Jeb Bush has to do with Jeb being married to a Hispanic Female and less about Jeb Bush political stances...

Obama lied about Obama's country of birth before Trump did. And Hillary raised it as a political issue before Trump did. And it was a lie, he was born in Hawaii. Obama's in fact the only person I've ever heard of who got his own country of birth wrong

The Right just make up shit out of thin air and then lie in packs, AKA The Echo Chamber, but are not honest enough to admit it while accusing everyone of being dishonest who doesn't swallow their lies.

The Clintons have decades of lies, I'll take the story from a UK news source over the Clintons.

Your accusations are funny when you say the right makes up shit up out of thin air and then you support Hillary, you are either really stupid or just a partisan nut job.

Obama lied about Obama's country of birth before Trump did. And Hillary raised it as a political issue before Trump did.
Except Hillary NEVER raised the issue at all!!!!

Every Right-wing liar in this thread has been challenged to show even one quote from Hillary about Obama's birthplace, and all the liars have failed. You are no exception. There are however a number of direct quotes from Small Fingers Trump.

The Clintons have decades of lies, I'll take the story from a UK news source over the Clintons.

Your accusations are funny when you say the right makes up shit up out of thin air and then you support Hillary, you are either really stupid or just a partisan nut job.
The Echo Chamber has been lying about the Clintons for decades, including liars in the UK.

Actually it started when Obama told his publisher in roughly 1990 that he was born in Kenya. Obama was the original birther
Actually, this first birther crap reminds me of the Right trying to blame the first use of Obama's middle name on Hillary through Bob Kerry, a Clinton supporter. Mind you Limbaugh and others were using Obama's middle name more than a year before Kerry used it, but when the Clinton through Kerry lie didn't catch on Limbaugh and the Right then claimed Obama was the first to use his middle name politically, another lie.

Who Pushed Hussein Angle First?
February 28, 2008
RUSH: I mean, you guys in the Drive-By Media harping on this middle-name stuff, you had Bob Kerrey out there four or five times pounding it, and then apologized for it some days later to keep the middle name out there. The Clintons did all of this stuff.

March 3, 2008
RUSH: Who was it that first used Obama's middle name of Hussein? It was not us. It was Bob Kerrey, over and over again, former Democrat senator of Nebraska.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/12/16/kerrey_for_clinton.html
December 16, 2007
KERREY: I like the fact that his name is Barack Hussein Obama,

Stop the Tape: Sexy Rock Star Obama Whines About His Ears
Dec 13, 2006
RUSH: (interruption) Snerdley is convinced that Maureen wants Barack Hussein Obama.
(sigh) I don't even want to go there.

Dec 14, 2006
RUSH: I mean you know me, if the guy's sensitive about his big ears, we need to give him a new name, like Dumbo. But that doesn't quite get it. How about Barack Hussein Odumbo.

March 12, 2008
RUSH: Do you know who the first person who started this Hussein business, the first person to use the middle name of Barack Obama, was? It was Barack Obama. This was October 18th, 2007, talking to Tavis Smiley, PBS. "Well, I think if you've got a guy named Barack Hussein Obama, that's a pretty good contrast to George W. Bush...." The point being that on October 18th of last year it was Obama himself using his middle name, saying the fact that my middle name is Hussein and whatever connotations are attached to it, why, this is going to help bring us together. This is going to help America heal. This is going to increase our standing in the world.
How do we deal with this, folks? Obama was the first to use his middle name. He did so in the context of healing and improving our standing in the world, and now McCain has ordered nobody to use the middle name.

Last edited:
Obama lied about Obama's country of birth before Trump did. And Hillary raised it as a political issue before Trump did.

Every Right-wing liar in this thread has been challenged to show even one quote from Hillary about Obama's birthplace, and all the liars have failed. You are no exception. There are however a number of direct quotes from Small Fingers Trump.

Sure, her campaign starting it had nothing to do with her. Just to be clear, that's your standard for Trump, right? He's not responsible for what his staff does? No quote, it's not him?

You are EdTheLemur for sure

Actually, this first birther crap reminds me of the Right trying to blame the first use of Obama's middle name on Hillary through Bob Kerry, a Clinton supporter. Mind you Limbaugh and others were using Obama's middle name more than a year before Kerry used it, but when the Clinton through Kerry lie didn't catch on Limbaugh and the Right then claimed Obama was the first to use his middle name politically, another lie.

I don't give a shit what it "reminds" you of

Sure, her campaign starting it had nothing to do with her. Just to be clear, that's your standard for Trump, right? He's not responsible for what his staff does? No quote, it's not him?

Again, her campaign had nothing to do with it and that is proven by the fact that none of the Right-wing liars can name the person in her campaign who started it.

Everyone knows you don't give a shit about the truth.
The Right condemns Hillary based on the Clinton's "history" but when I show the history of the lying techniques the Right use, suddenly history doesn't matter any more!!!

Again, her campaign had nothing to do with it and that is proven by the fact that none of the Right-wing liars can name the person in her campaign who started it.

Sure, Hillary said she had nothing to do with the e-mails circulated by Hillary supporters, we can believe her. It's classic you continually dismiss out of hand Democrat responsibility for anything. You may want to google the word "cynic." I think the word you were looking for is "lemur"

The Echo Chamber has been lying about the Clintons for decades, including liars in the UK.

So you can't dispute shit, so you just say liar liar, typical Clinton supporter. Clintons have been caught in many lies yet you still believe them. You are a fool.

Everyone knows you don't give a shit about the truth.
The Right condemns Hillary based on the Clinton's "history" but when I show the history of the lying techniques the Right use, suddenly history doesn't matter any more!!!

Everyone, Queen Elizabeth? Curious why you don't have enough self confidence to speak for yourself. Why isn't your opinion worth anything on it's own?

And what you said was irrelevant

Sure, Hillary said she had nothing to do with the e-mails circulated by Hillary supporters, we can believe her. It's classic you continually dismiss out of hand Democrat responsibility for anything. You may want to google the word "cynic." I think the word you were looking for is "lemur"
As I pointed out, the emails were circulated by Operation Chaos Operatives, pretending to be Hillary supporters as they were instructed to do.

Forum List

Back