Trudeau admits 'mistake' while facing third ethics inquiry in office

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he "made a mistake" by joining in talks for giving a government contract to a charity that paid his family.

We Charity was tapped by his government to oversee a C$900m ($664m, £533m) youth volunteer programme in June.

It later emerged that We previously paid Mr Trudeau's relatives over C$280,000 to speak at events.

Mr Trudeau now faces his third ethics commission inquiry in office over the scandal.

"I made a mistake for not recusing myself from the discussions immediately, given my family's history," Mr Trudeau said Monday.

"I should not have been a part of the discussion."

A bit flaky, no?

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he "made a mistake" by joining in talks for giving a government contract to a charity that paid his family.

We Charity was tapped by his government to oversee a C$900m ($664m, £533m) youth volunteer programme in June.

It later emerged that We previously paid Mr Trudeau's relatives over C$280,000 to speak at events.

Mr Trudeau now faces his third ethics commission inquiry in office over the scandal.

"I made a mistake for not recusing myself from the discussions immediately, given my family's history," Mr Trudeau said Monday.

"I should not have been a part of the discussion."

A bit flaky, no?

Here in Canada, comrade Turdeau is better known as Teflon Don. Anything that he does criminally seems to not stick to him. It must be nice when one is a dyktator, eh? But then again, it is getting to the point that just about all politicians can commit a crime against we the Canadian sheeple, and they never go to jail. If anyone that should be going to jail are politicians who lie and steal from we the sheeple. But good luck on that one, eh? .

Forum List

Back