Trooper who arrested NFL's Sam Montgomery fired

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow, two thugs with badges fired in one week. That might be a record.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The South Carolina state trooper who arrested NFL defensive lineman Sam Montgomery at a traffic stop last June has been fired, state officials said Friday.

The Department of Public Safety said in a news release that Lance Cpl. R.S. Salter was terminated for violating agency policies including conduct unbecoming a state employee. Salter stopped Montgomery in June when the Cincinnati Bengals defensive lineman was returning to his home in Greenwood.

Montgomery was arrested and spent a night in jail after Salter clocked him going 89 mph in a 55 mph zone. But the trooper's dashboard camera obtained soon after by The Associated Press also captured the officer threatening to use a Taser because the 6-foot-3, 262-pound lineman was struggling to understand his commands.

"The next thing you're going to get is the Taser," Salter was heard to say on the tape.

"Whoa," Montgomery responded, "I'm not trying to cause problems."

Salter was suspended soon after the stop while the agency investigated. The department's Office of Professional Responsibility found Salter's behavior was unprofessional and comments to Montgomery during the arrest were inappropriate, according to a release sent by agency communications director Sherri Iacobelli.

Trooper who arrested NFL s Sam Montgomery fired Pro32 Head to Head

If that officer was fired for what I'm seeing in this video...something is wrong with the system.

Well, you have cop hating pricks like "Don't Taze Me Bro" (A mod here, sadly, since he has such hatred for cops) who twist stories.

What that trooper did was VERY minor. I live in SC. SC troopers work VERY rural areas, with backup often 45 minutes away, so they are very cautious .

But.....this trooper has a history of insubordination. He refused to ticket former Governor Mark Sanford in 2009, and he was written up for showing bias. So, he retaliated by patrolling I-26 after Legislation sessions would end, and he'd target high profile politicians and their wealthy friends. Which....is wrong. That, too, is bias.

So this happened, and his wife made a Facebook page to leak lots of internal info about the SCHP.

He had this coming. He didn't get fired for this, he got fired and this was just the last in a long line of stuff.

But "Don't Taze Me Bro" will spend the night touching himself in pleasure, as his live is obviously obsessed with cop hate.

Cop haters think they have a right to resist, talk back, and mildly assault cops.

Forum List

Back