Trillions of dollars worth of oil found in Australian outback

Which is more?

$359 billion

or

"trillions"?

And I thought right wingers were only bad as science. Seems they are worse at "math".

"Hate" doesn't enter into business. And in any case all that oil, whether from Kuwait or Kookaburra or Caracas, goes on an international market. The Aussies don't get to set a price for that market any more than anyone else does.

The bottom line is that the end product costs the same whether you're Christian or Jewish or Hidu, whether you speak English or Japanese or Sanskrit. The idea of oil somehow being cheaper because it's in English or processed by Christians is absurd.

It does though, the Iranians hate the Israelis so much they refuse to do any kind of business with them. Our government has sanctions on Iran because of our political issues and punish any company that does business with them. Plus, withdrawing our troops out of the Middle East makes it hard when we have all these assets to protect over there, move the troops to Australia and call it a day.

But Israel isn't limited to Iran for a source, nor are we. Clearly oil exists outside Iran.

So why do we need troops in Australia, them being Christian and allegedly English speakers (though that last is a bit shaky)? Because I understand international commerce is all about who you go to church with and what language you have in common...

I was kidding about the troop thing, but clearly I would rather rely on a country like Australia for oil who we have good relations with instead of a country like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela who despise us and only want our cash, just my opinion anyways.

We need to liberate the Australians from their evil dictator and bless them with democracy!

I assume you mean the females.

Australia-Girls-Flag-2-420x0.jpg

You betcha!

f1girls2.jpg

How long before liberal Australians "discover" an obscure endangered species which just happens to reside right where they need to drill for the Oil? Not long I suspect...

Is it?
Why?

Money plays the same in any culture.

You're actually suggesting that being Christian is a disadvantage in acquiring gasoline? Is it easier to get oil from Nigeria than from Saudi Arabia?

Btw their PM until about a week ago is an atheist. Would that be a problem?

Well for one the Australians don't hate us like alot of the Saudis and OPEC countries do, thats a start.

"Hate" doesn't enter into business. And in any case all that oil, whether from Kuwait or Kookaburra or Caracas, goes on an international market. The Aussies don't get to set a price for that market any more than anyone else does.

The bottom line is that the end product costs the same whether you're Christian or Jewish or Hidu, whether you speak English or Japanese or Sanskrit. The idea of oil somehow being cheaper because it's in English or processed by Christians is absurd.

Don't forget to tune into USMB NEXT WEEK --- when Pogo lectures us about the military costs of obtaining oil from the Mid East, the funding of terrorism thru dirty oil money, and the "blood for oil" that this country has had to shed...

It does though, the Iranians hate the Israelis so much they refuse to do any kind of business with them. Our government has sanctions on Iran because of our political issues and punish any company that does business with them. Plus, withdrawing our troops out of the Middle East makes it hard when we have all these assets to protect over there, move the troops to Australia and call it a day.

But Israel isn't limited to Iran for a source, nor are we. Clearly oil exists outside Iran.

So why do we need troops in Australia, them being Christian and allegedly English speakers (though that last is a bit shaky)? Because I understand international commerce is all about who you go to church with and what language you have in common...

I was kidding about the troop thing, but clearly I would rather rely on a country like Australia for oil who we have good relations with instead of a country like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela who despise us and only want our cash, just my opinion anyways.

And I was kidding about the whole thing. The fallacies of English speaking Christians rendering cheaper oil was just too good to pass up. As is the concepts of country X that "hates" us. :lol:
Just to extend the illogic, presumably it's an even better deal if you find an oil source where the accent of English is more comprehensible than Strine, or where the specific Christian denomination of the seller (Episcopalian, whatever) matches that of the buyer-- better deal than the Lutheran guy. :eusa_think:

We could run this joke all week. Classic. :thup:

Last edited:
Which is more?

$359 billion

or

"trillions"?

And I thought right wingers were only bad as science. Seems they are worse at "math".

$359 billion? Shit, that's not even 6 months of Obama's deficit borrowing.
Yep.
National Debt to the Penny for 7/05/2013: $16,738,281,074,058.77

National Debt Clock in Real Time: 7/08/2013: $16,906,152,000,000.00+

debtchart.jpg

Look at what Republicans gave Obama and then blocked him in every way possible. Fuck, they even apologized to BP and held millions of Americans hostage to force Obama to extend the Bush Tax cuts.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Liquid shit in fleshy sacks.

$359 billion? Shit, that's not even 6 months of Obama's deficit borrowing.
Yep.

debtchart.jpg

Look at what Republicans gave Obama and then blocked him in every way possible. Fuck, they even apologized to BP and held millions of Americans hostage to force Obama to extend the Bush Tax cuts.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Awwww, poor girl.

Yep.

debtchart.jpg

Awwww, poor girl.

Republicans think calling someone "female" is a terrible put down. Kind of explains their "war on women".

debtchart.jpg

Awwww, poor girl.

Republicans think calling someone "female" is a terrible put down. Kind of explains their "war on women".

He's the President of the United States, why do you make him sound like such a pussy?

This is the big leagues, man up, for once.

Is it?
Why?

Money plays the same in any culture.

You're actually suggesting that being Christian is a disadvantage in acquiring gasoline? Is it easier to get oil from Nigeria than from Saudi Arabia?

Btw their PM until about a week ago is an atheist. Would that be a problem?

Well for one the Australians don't hate us like alot of the Saudis and OPEC countries do, thats a start.

Australia have been US lapdogs for years.
They were anointed by Bush as the SouthEast Asia sheriff.
They'll be tripping over themselves to ship oil to America for a kind word and a pat on the head from the president.

Forum List

Back