So did the oil companies raise prices 19% in the last week because of this?

The point is that Alon was not the standard... it was exceptional. They were able to take a loss on gas prices because of other ways to make money! They may have been a new store. The point I'm making is that in Lubbock as here in DFW, the prices for every one have gone up. And if you don't comprehend that the reasons are many including the gas companies making more money out of being threatened to be eliminated by Biden. Why would this idiot who claimed we need to be united would tell people he guarantees to rid fossil fuels? This was the same type of idiocy that Biden showed when he said this which illegals ONLY heard the word "surge to the border"!
Biden then remember urged illegals to break the law...:
"I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

So if you are defending gas prices that the above idiot was a major reason for increasing nearly 50% from Trump you need to read the facts!
View attachment 877325

Pardon me, but when I shop for gasoline, I look for the exception, otherwise I will end up spending like the yokels out there who buy from their favorite dealer, no matter the price. Like I said, I would drive across town for 50 cents a gallon off on a fill up.

I have read all the stuff on the internet. That's for you people that picked the wrong place to live and don't shop, simply buy, and whine about it.

On 12/16/23 just 6 days ago I paid $2.239 / gallon at Walmart in Texas
Today 12/22/23 a gallon cost is $2.65....an almost 20% increase in just 6 days! Why?

Maybe they are just realizing that when Joe said this, it would mean their businesses would be gone!
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

The President of the USA telling an industry that constitutes almost 8% of our national GDP he guarantees to put them out of business!
And taxes...
A new RFF working paper, currently under review at a peer-reviewed economics journal, finds that between 2015 and 2020, fossil fuels generated roughly $138 billion each year for US localities, states, tribes, and the federal government

There are 3.785411784 litres to 1 US gallon. I paid £1.499 for 1 litre of diesel.

The exchange rate is £1 = $1.27

So (1.499x3.785411784)x1.27=$7.206 a US gallon.

The fuel tank capacity of my van is 100 litres, so just over £150 to fill up ($190.50)

$2.65 is cheap as chips. Could you post me some!

I didn't make the exception. Alon did, but I would drive across town for 50 Cents cheaper gas. That is $10.00 or more on either SUV we own. The rest of those prices are about like TN prices. Of course, we shop at Kroger, so usually get up to $1.00 discount, averaging in the 60 cents off range. It pays to shop smart, no matter where you are.

Pardon me, but when I shop for gasoline, I look for the exception, otherwise I will end up spending like the yokels out there who buy from their favorite dealer, no matter the price. Like I said, I would drive across town for 50 cents a gallon off on a fill up.

I have read all the stuff on the internet. That's for you people that picked the wrong place to live and don't shop, simply buy, and whine about it.
I used to live within 1 1/2 miles of an independent fueling station, and 4 miles away from the supermarket fueling station. The difference was 5p per litre cheap at the supermarket.

If I wanted £20 or less, burning the extra fuel meant I was better off going to my independent fueling station. If I filled up, then the supermarket.

Sometimes it's cheaper using a dearer place.

I used to live within 1 1/2 miles of an independent fueling station, and 4 miles away from the supermarket fueling station. The difference was 5p per litre cheap at the supermarket.

If I wanted £20 or less, burning the extra fuel meant I was better off going to my independent fueling station. If I filled up, then the supermarket.

Sometimes it's cheaper using a dearer place.
Ya'lls by the liter pricing screwed with my head over there on that continent. I just knew to fill up on post, rather than the free economy off post.

I take it, you have seen big price increases after the Covid shut down also?

Ya'lls by the liter pricing screwed with my head over there on that continent. I just knew to fill up on post, rather than the free economy off post.

I take it, you have seen big price increases after the Covid shut down also?
Fuel used to be sold by the gallon. I remember when a gallon was 74p, now that is going back awhile, cough. I don't know when it changed to litres, just means I have to convert to a UK gallon of 4.54 litres to work out mpg.

Everything shot up due to the lockdowns, some places went over £2 per litre, but it kinda settled around the £1.569 mark, so £1.499 is cheap. Petrol is normally 8p to 9p cheaper per litre.

Diesel always used to cheaper than petrol, but for some strange reason, that switched some number of years ago.

Fuel used to be sold by the gallon. I remember when a gallon was 74p, now that is going back awhile, cough. I don't know when it changed to litres, just means I have to convert to a UK gallon of 4.54 litres to work out mpg.

Everything shot up due to the lockdowns, some places went over £2 per litre, but it kinda settled around the £1.569 mark, so £1.499 is cheap. Petrol is normally 8p to 9p cheaper per litre.

Diesel always used to cheaper than petrol, but for some strange reason, that switched some number of years ago.
Pretty high. $5.49 per gallon. Is that pretty common across the UK? This is a big continent. A lot of things change the price including huge swings in taxation, state to state, as well as market dynamics within states. You saw where I posted that $1.87/Gal Lubbock Texas price, admittedly a one-off (and nowhere near a national or even state average but $1.87/gal would be about .49/liter. I don't know if that is cents or pence. Currency exchange screwed with me too. I have not been in Europe since maybe 1994, but at that time, I was moving around a lot, a lot more than your average troop.

Pretty high. $5.49 per gallon. Is that pretty common across the UK? This is a big continent. A lot of things change the price including huge swings in taxation, state to state, as well as market dynamics within states. You saw where I posted that $1.87/Gal Lubbock Texas price, admittedly a one-off (and nowhere near a national or even state average but $1.87/gal would be about .49/liter. I don't know if that is cents or pence. Currency exchange screwed with me too. I have not been in Europe since maybe 1994, but at that time, I was moving around a lot, a lot more than your average troop.
Up North England and Southern Scotland, slightly cheaper by a few pence in Cumbria than Dumfries & Galloway and The Borders.

I imagine it'll be dearer in the London area, but just guessing.

Up North England and Southern Scotland, slightly cheaper by a few pence in Cumbria than Dumfries & Galloway and The Borders.

Gas is expensive in your neck of the woods because you drive on the wrong side of the road.

Thanks for the reply. It is of interest what goes on over there, fuel wise, political wise, etc.
It was worth my time to go to the internet to pull up a conversion calculator on fuel there.

Gas is expensive in your neck of the woods because you drive on the wrong side of the road.

But is it? I think a litre of fuel contains 54p tax duty and the £1.499 includes the 20% vat. So say a litre is 79p tax, I spent £5,500 on diesel, divided by £1.499 = 3,669 litres, multiply by 79p tax, which is £2,899, and divide that by 12 months, and hats £241 per month.

So say that went to the NHS. My healthcare cost £241 per month, and is the average over $1,000 in the US.

So if you think binary and focus on one specific product, fuel is extortionate in the UK compared to the US, but when you start to bring a bigger picture into it, it's expensive to live in America.

Edit : the Roman quarries, the cart wheels eroded groves in the road when leaving the quarry laden with stone, that side of the road was the left. England became England in 927, so the Romans and UK predated 1776 by quite a number of years. Plus, if you look at old vintage cars on YouTube driving in New York, the driver was on the right. Yet here we are, a confident American trying to preach to others the left is the wrong side of road.

Last edited:
On 12/16/23 just 6 days ago I paid $2.239 / gallon at Walmart in Texas
Today 12/22/23 a gallon cost is $2.65....an almost 20% increase in just 6 days! Why?

Maybe they are just realizing that when Joe said this, it would mean their businesses would be gone!
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

The President of the USA telling an industry that constitutes almost 8% of our national GDP he guarantees to put them out of business!
And taxes...
A new RFF working paper, currently under review at a peer-reviewed economics journal, finds that between 2015 and 2020, fossil fuels generated roughly $138 billion each year for US localities, states, tribes, and the federal government

That’s a big reach around fuckup

damn, how did you miss this?

You conveniently left out that they had a choice, vaccine or test. That's not a vaccine mandate, which would obviously mean that they would be forced to vaccinate.

You conveniently left out that they had a choice, vaccine or test. That's not a vaccine mandate, which would obviously mean that they would be forced to vaccinate.

I just new you would play this stupid game of semantics.

Either way it is not the job or the role of the Fed Govt to force such things and your god was fucking wrong for doing so

How about those naughty Houthi Tooties restricting world cargo movement with obvious possible consequence and OPEC likely dictating supply /prices for the foreseeable future .
Retailers and Distributors pay big bucks for top market forecasters and will cover futures and expected margins in a flash .

Forum List

Back