Trek Nation

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GreenEnterprise, Oct 9, 2012.

1. GreenEnterprise

GreenEnterprise Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whether you are a fellow trekker or not, I would recommend that you watch Scott Colthorp's documentary Trek Nation. Trek Nation is a documentary about Gene Roddenberry's son, Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, who embarks on a trek to discover who his father was and what he was like (Gene died when Rod was 17 years old).
    Rod discovers who his father was through discussions with Gene’s friends, family, and co-workers. Although there have been many documentaries about Star Trek, this is one of the most intimate and interesting. Not only do we get to learn the good and bad qualities of Gene Roddenberry, but we also see how Gene influenced science fiction, films, television, and its viewers.

I really enjoyed the documentary because we get to see Partick Stewart, J.J. Abrams, and George Lucas talk about Roddenberry's influence on the world. This documentary also features never-before-seen clips from the original Star Trek series, which I believe make the film even more interesting. You can buy Trek Nation on itunes.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did and please let me know what you think.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,002
    Live long and prosper

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Mebbe dey could use it to divert dat meteor dat's gonna hit Earth in a few years...
    :cool:
    Star Trek style 'tractor beam' created by scientists
    24 January 2013 - A real-life "tractor beam", which uses light to attract objects, has been developed by scientists.

4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,235
    Buy it on i-tunes, eh? Royalties? Listing income?