Treason and the Constitution

If someone takes up arms against the US they are fair game. What's wrong with that? The Department of Jihad has all the time in the world to get the paperwork done on US citizens in terror training camps, so why isn't it happening? Hint: why isn't the ICC or Holder filing wrongful death charges??

So we just trash the Constitution? Who gave you or anyone else that authority?

Clear and present danger

People don't realize it because it will never happen to them.

I think reb has a point here

republicans should bring Obama up on treason charges for killing a terrorist.

Yes let's talk about this a lot and provide numerous links to information.

Links won't help save your ass when you've been deemed a terrorist but hell you don't care about the Constitutional process.

Imagine you are president.
A guy comes in and says we know where PE#1 is.
We have him in the crosshairs
but we can't fire because there might be some legal problems later.

What do you do? I know what I would do, the same thing anyone with courage would do.

What do you do? I know what I would do, the same thing anyone with courage would do.

Exactly
:cool:

Said PE#1 is deemed a clear and present danger and thus eliminated

I think reb has a point here

republicans should bring Obama up on treason charges for killing a terrorist.

So we trash the Constitution? Let's start with the first? Let's end all elections lets do it right.

I say go for it...

Contact your representative and explain to him why he needs to file charges

Tell us what he says

Draft dodgers George and Dick illegally invaded a sovereign nation and you are crying for a terrorist? Bush and Cheney killed thousands and you cry over a terrorist? You people are sick in your hatred of our democratically elected president.

A person is only a terrorist until it starts attacking your group such as the OWS protesters.

A terrorist is a person engaged in plots to kill innocent civilians or assisting them and I just cannot bring myself to think it is a bad thing when they get blown into bits.

Do you hate Obama so much that you take the side of filth like that just because of who brought him down? Perhaps you would have asked him to give himself up or at least travel to a civilized country with an extradition treaty? Jesus you people pick some crappy things to get upset about.

I hate obama because he will not obey the Constitution, you remember that document? The one he swore to protect. We are a country of laws we have a Constitution is it to much to ask that our elected officials follow it? We are at the thrash hold that will not allow protest even those OWS protest.

oh well then obama is a terrorist because he gave aid to our enemy in Libya.

I don't hate Obama. I just see him as clueless and void of Principle. Either We are a Nation of Laws or We are not. In All Powers there needs to be Accountability and due process. Without it, we are our own worst enemy.

Other than on the Battle Field or to prevent Imminent Attack,
You Apprehend the Perpetrator. Why do you have such a problem with that?

When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process,

True enough, but what does that have to do with "treason and the Constitution"?

This is treason.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The new conservative hero, Anwar Al-Awlaki, vowed to attack America.

Now he's dead.

I think Obama hate has everything to do with this "controversy". Personally I have never had a problem with any terrorist killed anywhere under any circumstances and neither did most conservatives until just recently. The only difference here is the guy that said go. Let it go because you all look like terrible hypocrites in the war on terror. Remember that big patriotic war against Al Qaeda republicans uniformly demanded 10 years ago? It seems to be making progress, quit yer bitching.

Draft dodgers George and Dick illegally invaded a sovereign nation and you are crying for a terrorist? Bush and Cheney killed thousands and you cry over a terrorist? You people are sick in your hatred of our democratically elected president.

Why is that plural?

How about you clean your Riffle Barrel, Reload, and shoot for consistency. Step back, take a breath, and rethink your position. This is not about condemnation. This is about raising a flag of concern, regardless of which Party is in Charge. Either we have Established Rules of Engagement or we are Lawless. All Power needs to be balanced and checked. No President should have the Power to target who, where, and when, without some kind of input from Congressional Committee, and the Court. Arbitrary Decision Making here, with no Justification or Litmus Test, or Consent, is Extra Constitutional. There is no lawful authority to do this. You crack me up, really, bitching about water boarding, and sanctioning Murder, in some cases where the charges are disputable, in some cases, Collateral Damage, not to mention flying in Air Space we were not invited into. It in itself is a Public Relations Nightmare. We are losing Moral High Ground.

It has everything to do with it. The president has no authority to have an American citizen assassinated.

True. But that’s not treason.

Ideally the Court would enjoin the president from extra-judicial executions, but that won’t happen per Dellums v. Bush, where the courts refuse to get in the middle of conflicts between the Legislative and Executive. And Congress has only itself to blame, opening the door with the WPA, an act of supreme political cowardice.

Nonsense.

The issue is the Imperial Presidency and its unilateral use of military force since Truman – it’s become a dangerous and tragic precedent.

Clear and present danger

‘Clear and present danger’ is a First Amendment doctrine used to determine when the government may preempt free speech, it has nothing to do with authorizing the president to act extra-judicially. See: Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969).

The courageous thing to do would be to obey the Constitution and the rule of law.

The courageous thing to do would be to obey the Constitution and the rule of law.

=====

That would be the safe thing to do.

Again you want to trash the constitution? There is no gray area here. Once we start allowing one man to pick who is a terrorist there is no turning back. It's either we follow the Constitution or we don't

It has everything to do with it. The president has no authority to have an American citizen assassinated.

True. But that’s not treason.

Ideally the Court would enjoin the president from extra-judicial executions, but that won’t happen per Dellums v. Bush, where the courts refuse to get in the middle of conflicts between the Legislative and Executive. And Congress has only itself to blame, opening the door with the WPA, an act of supreme political cowardice.

Nonsense.

The issue is the Imperial Presidency and its unilateral use of military force since Truman – it’s become a dangerous and tragic precedent.

Clear and present danger

‘Clear and present danger’ is a First Amendment doctrine used to determine when the government may preempt free speech, it has nothing to do with authorizing the president to act extra-judicially. See: Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969).

Nonsense.

It's nonsense when you take a quote and do not post what that quote is made to. Why can't you quote the whole reply you are quoting.

How about you clean your Riffle Barrel, Reload, and shoot for consistency. Step back, take a breath, and rethink your position. This is not about condemnation. This is about raising a flag of concern, regardless of which Party is in Charge. Either we have Established Rules of Engagement or we are Lawless. All Power needs to be balanced and checked. No President should have the Power to target who, where, and when, without some kind of input from Congressional Committee, and the Court. Arbitrary Decision Making here, with no Justification or Litmus Test, or Consent, is Extra Constitutional. There is no lawful authority to do this. You crack me up, really, bitching about water boarding, and sanctioning Murder, in some cases where the charges are disputable, in some cases, Collateral Damage, not to mention flying in Air Space we were not invited into. It in itself is a Public Relations Nightmare. We are losing Moral High Ground.

Bravo :clap2:

Let's say Obama had just let him go, even if this guy never harmed a living soul afterward (doubtful), if it ever leaked out that he had been allowed to get away because Obama hesitated and consulted a lawyer first just how damaging would that be? Lord, the republicans would make a field day of calling him a coward. So on the horns of a moral dilemma this large he chose the way he did and fallout be damned. I feel he chose correctly.

When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process,

True enough, but what does that have to do with "treason and the Constitution"?

This is treason.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The new conservative hero, Anwar Al-Awlaki, vowed to attack America.

Now he's dead.

Who's to say you won't be next target or a target a years or so down the road? 10 years ago people would call you crazy if you said the president could put a hit list on an American citizen. HELL THE MEDIA WAS UPSET WHEN A FEW MIDDLE EASTERN LEADERS WHERE THOUGHT TO HAVE BEEN PLACED ON AN ASSASSINATION HIT LISTBACK IN THE 90'S

Let's say Obama had just let him go, even if this guy never harmed a living soul afterward (doubtful), if it ever leaked out that he had been allowed to get away because Obama hesitated and consulted a lawyer first just how damaging would that be? Lord, the republicans would make a field day of calling him a coward. So on the horns of a moral dilemma this large he chose the way he did and fallout be damned. I feel he chose correctly.

That speculation no one is guilty until they have done something.

Forum List

Back