Treason and the Constitution

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process, without a trial by his peers, or Testimony of two Witnesses. Further more Congress is the body that is to decide punishment not the president.
Art. 3 Section 3 states

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process, without a trial by his peers, or Testimony of two Witnesses. Further more Congress is the body that is to decide punishment not the president.
Art. 3 Section 3 states

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

You expect too much from the Trained Seals BigReb. ;)

Art. 3 Section 3 states

You expect too much from the Trained Seals BigReb. ;)

We can always hope.

When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process,

True enough, but what does that have to do with "treason and the Constitution"?

If someone takes up arms against the US they are fair game. What's wrong with that? The Department of Jihad has all the time in the world to get the paperwork done on US citizens in terror training camps, so why isn't it happening? Hint: why isn't the ICC or Holder filing wrongful death charges??

When the President orders anyone to be assassinated even if they are declared a terrorist they will be violating that person Constitutional right for due process,

True enough, but what does that have to do with "treason and the Constitution"?

It has everything to do with it. The president has no authority to have an American citizen assassinated

If someone takes up arms against the US they are fair game. What's wrong with that? The Department of Jihad has all the time in the world to get the paperwork done on US citizens in terror training camps, so why isn't it happening? Hint: why isn't the ICC or Holder filing wrongful death charges??

So we just trash the Constitution? Who gave you or anyone else that authority?

You missed my point. If the Bush admin did something like this there was a major uproar from many constituencies demanding action/justice, but since this is the BO admin, not a peep from anyone. I smell a double-standard and its time to get consistent or STFU.

You missed my point. If the Bush admin did something like this there was a major uproar from many constituencies demanding action/justice, but since this is the BO admin, not a peep from anyone. I smell a double-standard and its time to get consistent or STFU.

No I didn't miss your point
If someone takes up arms against the US they are fair game. What's wrong with that?
That was your point wasn't it? We are a nation of laws regardless of what a person may have done.

I am not for drone attacks on person inside or outside the US Borders. Is your post about the National Defense Authorization Bill----voted today in the Senate?

I am not for drone attacks on person inside or outside the US Borders. Is your post about the National Defense Authorization Bill----voted today in the Senate?

It's about any attempt on a U.S. citizen life without due process and Constitutional restraints being used.

Be sure and write the republican candidates and urge them to really push their outrage over killing a terrorist.

Be sure and write the republican candidates and urge them to really push their outrage over killing a terrorist.

A person is only a terrorist until it starts attacking your group such as the OWS protesters.

A terrorist is a person engaged in plots to kill innocent civilians or assisting them and I just cannot bring myself to think it is a bad thing when they get blown into bits.

Do you hate Obama so much that you take the side of filth like that just because of who brought him down? Perhaps you would have asked him to give himself up or at least travel to a civilized country with an extradition treaty? Jesus you people pick some crappy things to get upset about.

Bush did it correctly. He had Adam Gadhan tried in absentia for treason, convicted, stripped of his citizenship and then put on the hit list.

That's the way to do it. This giving the president the ability to appoint Americans as enemies isn't good enough, not even in the case of Al Awalaki. There was plenty of evidence to try him.

A person is only a terrorist until it starts attacking your group such as the OWS protesters.

A terrorist is a person engaged in plots to kill innocent civilians or assisting them and I just cannot bring myself to think it is a bad thing when they get blown into bits.

Do you hate Obama so much that you take the side of filth like that just because of who brought him down? Perhaps you would have asked him to give himself up or at least travel to a civilized country with an extradition treaty? Jesus you people pick some crappy things to get upset about.

I hate obama because he will not obey the Constitution, you remember that document? The one he swore to protect. We are a country of laws we have a Constitution is it to much to ask that our elected officials follow it? We are at the thrash hold that will not allow protest even those OWS protest.

oh well then obama is a terrorist because he gave aid to our enemy in Libya.

Last edited:
I think reb has a point here

republicans should bring Obama up on treason charges for killing a terrorist.

Clear and present danger

New Topics

Forum List

Back