Trail of emails shows Bloomberg promoted GZ Mosque

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Dozens of e-mails between Mayor Bloomberg's aides and developers of the proposed mosque near Ground Zero reveal a cordial, if not downright cozy, relationship and the length to which a top city staffer went to help the project -- even drafting a letter for the group soliciting support from the community board, and providing the fax number to send it.

In one exchange, Community Affairs Commissioner Nazli Parvizi penned the draft of a letter to be sent by Daisy Khan, a key sponsor of the project known alternately as Cordoba House or Park51, to the chairperson of Community Board 1, Julie Menin, as the panel prepared to vote on its recommendation on the project.

"The mayor was touting, ironically, government not being involved in religion, and here you have the mayor's staffer assisting in a public-relations campaign on behalf of a mosque and Islamic center," said Debra Burlingame, whose brother was a pilot of one of the hijacked planes on 9/11.
Read more: Trail of e-mails between city officials and backers of the mosque near Ground Zero show city support to boost the project - NYPOST.com

Anyone surprised?

Religious freedom is something people used to prize in this country.

How I wish Americans would act like Americans again.

No sunni man I have a job. It worries me from time to time like when I get on a plane or visit NY. But it does infuriate me when I read about it. There are people who would like to see Bloomberg run for president. Personally, I'd like to see him move to the middle east.

He's promoting a religion. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Forum List

Back