TPP is a corporate whore

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
A NEW legal system for foreign corps and investors? WTF?
Court appeals "proof"? WTF?
Seems to me that this would give corporations more power and could go against climate alarmists. Fossil fuels etc
Seems to me like a corporation could also stop immigration reform. We all know it could happen that way too. Just the SC ruling on the commerce clause has been catastrophic! Imagine THIS!
Gotta love our Establishment!
THINK in 2016 people :thup:
Screw the TPP
Screw the Establishment
Focus on America!

No wonder rubios money masters told him to suck some donor feces and support it.

Seems to me that this would give corporations more power and could go against climate alarmists. Fossil fuels etc
Seems to me like a corporation could also stop immigration reform. We all know it could happen that way too. Just the SC ruling on the commerce clause has been catastrophic! Imagine THIS!
Screw the TPP
Screw the Establishment
Focus on America!

a legal system in place-----like a court of appeals does not mean that the corporations can get away with murder ASSUMING that the legal system
works --------properly

Screw the TPP
Screw the Establishment
Focus on America!

a legal system in place-----like a court of appeals does not mean that the corporations can get away with murder ASSUMING that the legal system
works --------properly
Did you read my link?

Screw the TPP
Screw the Establishment
Focus on America!

works --------properly
Did you read my link?

nope-----did it say that the courts would be unfair?

Screw the TPP
Screw the Establishment
Focus on America!

works --------properly
Did you read my link?

nope-----did it say that the courts would be unfair?
Read up on the tribunals. They cant be repealed, evidently..

The thing is, Congress HAS the authority to grant this. Some might say an international group CANT regulate our economy, but all SC would have to do is say "commerce clause" and its O-V.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) would grant foreign corporations extraordinary new powers to attack the laws we rely on for a clean environment, essential services, and healthy communities. Foreign corporations would be empowered to bypass domestic courts and directly "sue" the U.S. government before a tribunal of private lawyers that sits outside of any domestic legal system. These lawyers would be authorized to order the U.S. government to hand millions of our tax dollars to the corporations for laws that they find inconvenient.

How could foreign corporations attack domestic health, environmental and financial protections that local companies have to follow? The TPP would give foreign firms special privileges, including the ability to challenge new policies – from Wall Street regulations to climate change protections – because they frustrated the corporations' "expectations."

More Power to Corporations

We have similar laws under nafta where a foreign corporation can overrule our own laws or regulations. Sanders and Trump are the only opponents of TPP. All repub and most demorat congress/senators have been bought off to push through TPP.

We have similar laws under nafta where a foreign corporation can overrule our own laws or regulations. Sanders and Trump are the only opponents of TPP. All repub and most demorat congress/senators have been bought off to push through TPP.
Rand Paul, Fiorina and Huckabee don't support it

Forum List

Back