Tparty should form its own political party

Haven't you noticed the independents have left the obamie ship in droves? Don't swallow the kool aid the left is serving up. The Tea Party is against the same old Dumb Republicans and Democrats who have fucked over this country. In large part it is the independents and there are also disenchanted Republicans and Democrats.. I think this is the best chance for a third party uprising this country will ever see. Massachusetts was just the beginning. Think Constitutional Conservative!

how many of the teapartiers used to be democrats?

I have absolutely no idea. I can tell you I've been to the rallies. You meet people from both parties there. Now, stop and ask yourself how Mass. happened? A large majority of Democrats had to vote for Brown. Had to.
In order for the tea party to win an election, they would have to take as many or more votes away from Obama than from the republican candidate. that means obama could only win about 30 percent of the vote for the tea party or republican party to have any hope of winning.

A big issue with the TP is National security and it differs greatly then that of the libertarian party.

how many of the teapartiers used to be democrats?

I have absolutely no idea. I can tell you I've been to the rallies. You meet people from both parties there. Now, stop and ask yourself how Mass. happened? A large majority of Democrats had to vote for Brown. Had to.
In order for the tea party to win an election, they would have to take as many or more votes away from Obama than from the republican candidate. that means obama could only win about 30 percent of the vote for the tea party or republican party to have any hope of winning.

According to the news sources the registered Democrats in Mass. were 3 for every 1 Republican.. :eusa_angel:

The Tea Party (should it become a third party) is not new, it's simply another iteration of the State's Rights Democratic Party which nominated Strom Thurmond as its standard bearer in 1948. If formed as a genuine political party, and not a regional one, its populist rhetoric will appeal to those who supported George Wallace in 1964 (American Independent Party) and those who supported Ron Paul in 2008, as well as conservative Republicans.
Personally, I think it would make the 2012 presidential campagin very interesting, especially if Sarah Palin were the candidate for the TP presidential nomination. Imagine the consternation when SP stood at the podium to address the crowd, and everyone in the crowd, supporter and detractor, openly carried a firearm (I'd go, if only to light off a full string of firecrackers and a cherry bomb or two - wouldn't that be a hoot?).

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

The Tea Party (should it become a third party) is not new, it's simply another iteration of the State's Rights Democratic Party which nominated Strom Thurmond as its standard bearer in 1948. If formed as a genuine political party, and not a regional one, its populist rhetoric will appeal to those who supported George Wallace in 1964 (American Independent Party) and those who supported Ron Paul in 2008, as well as conservative Republicans.
Personally, I think it would make the 2012 presidential campagin very interesting, especially if Sarah Palin were the candidate for the TP presidential nomination. Imagine the consternation when SP stood at the podium to address the crowd, and everyone in the crowd, supporter and detractor, openly carried a firearm (I'd go, if only to light off a full string of firecrackers and a cherry bomb or two - wouldn't that be a hoot?).

The Tea Party does not appeal to those of us who supported Ron Paul in 2008. We have no interest in an interventionist foreign policy.

The Tea Party does not appeal to those of us who supported Ron Paul in 2008. We have no interest in an interventionist foreign policy.

With all due respect, how much support did Ron Paul have? Not what I would call a factor, exactly. Kinda like the Tea Party.

With all due respect, how much support did Ron Paul have? Not what I would call a factor, exactly. Kinda like the Tea Party.

He got over one million votes in the Republican primary. One million votes is certainly a factor in any election, and not to mention our fundraising prowess which is most certainly a factor.

Also our grassroots support was unparalleled by any other candidate.

He got over one million votes in the Republican primary. One million votes is certainly a factor in any election, and not to mention our fundraising prowess which is most certainly a factor.

he won about five percent of the popular vote in the primaries and one percent of the delegates.

he won about five percent of the popular vote in the primaries and one percent of the delegates.

Which, in the bigger picture, meant what, exactly? IIRC, that's less than Perot got. And all Perot did was take votes away from the Republican candidates.

In comparison to the other candidates he wasn't very successful. But there's a reason John McCain was reaching out to Ron Paul around the time of the Republican National Convention, he wanted those one million votes. And you certainly can't deny our ability to raise money for candidates we support, or the level of grassroots support we give.

Which, in the bigger picture, meant what, exactly? IIRC, that's less than Perot got. And all Perot did was take votes away from the Republican candidates.

it means exactly that. Ron Paul was a non-factor.

Also, if you think Ron Paul supporters are a non-factor, I suggest you look at the Senate race in Kentucky right now.

Also, if you think Ron Paul supporters are a non-factor, I suggest you look at the Senate race in Kentucky right now.

they are a non-factor in presidential races. It's not like Romney or Huckabee would have won without ron paul in the race.

they are a non-factor in presidential races. It's not like Romney or Huckabee would have won without ron paul in the race.

Can't argue that. We just don't have the numbers for a Presidential race. But we can be a force in smaller races.

I assume you have evidence to support your opinion that it is only because of the Ron Paul supporters, than Rand is polling well?

Well let's ask ourselves where most of Rand's $1.8 million raised came from. Not from the Republican Party who already picked Trey Grayson, not from the special interests who donated to Trey Grayson, not from PAC's, not from lobbyists. Most of that money came from individual donations from the same people who supported Rand's dad in 2008.

I assume you have evidence to support your opinion that it is only because of the Ron Paul supporters, than Rand is polling well?

Well let's ask ourselves where most of Rand's $1.8 million raised came from. Not from the Republican Party who already picked Trey Grayson, not from the special interests who donated to Trey Grayson, not from PAC's, not from lobbyists. Most of that money came from individual donations from the same people who supported Rand's dad in 2008.

Believe me, I WANT to believe you. Got a link?

the tea party (should it become a third party) is not new, it's simply another iteration of the state's rights democratic party which nominated strom thurmond as its standard bearer in 1948. If formed as a genuine political party, and not a regional one, its populist rhetoric will appeal to those who supported george wallace in 1964 (american independent party) and those who supported ron paul in 2008, as well as conservative republicans.
Personally, i think it would make the 2012 presidential campagin very interesting, especially if sarah palin were the candidate for the tp presidential nomination. Imagine the consternation when sp stood at the podium to address the crowd, and everyone in the crowd, supporter and detractor, openly carried a firearm (i'd go, if only to light off a full string of firecrackers and a cherry bomb or two - wouldn't that be a hoot?).

there's something happening here
what it is ain't exactly clear
there's a man with a gun over there
telling me i got to beware
i think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
everybody look what's going down

the tea party does not appeal to those of us who supported ron paul in 2008. We have no interest in an interventionist foreign policy.

ditto!

Believe me, I WANT to believe you. Got a link?

2010 House and Senate Candidate List

The Tea Party, as such, appeals to the fringe, those so far right they meet the far left.

Forum List

Back