Tparty should form its own political party

Well let's ask ourselves where most of Rand's $1.8 million raised came from. Not from the Republican Party who already picked Trey Grayson, not from the special interests who donated to Trey Grayson, not from PAC's, not from lobbyists. Most of that money came from individual donations from the same people who supported Rand's dad in 2008.

Believe me, I WANT to believe you. Got a link?

2010*House and Senate Candidate List

Based on your link, "most" of the money for EVERY candidate came from individuals? I am not seeing how Rand is much different from the "other guys"?

The Tea Party (should it become a third party) is not new, it's simply another iteration of the State's Rights Democratic Party which nominated Strom Thurmond as its standard bearer in 1948. If formed as a genuine political party, and not a regional one, its populist rhetoric will appeal to those who supported George Wallace in 1964 (American Independent Party) and those who supported Ron Paul in 2008, as well as conservative Republicans.
Personally, I think it would make the 2012 presidential campagin very interesting, especially if Sarah Palin were the candidate for the TP presidential nomination. Imagine the consternation when SP stood at the podium to address the crowd, and everyone in the crowd, supporter and detractor, openly carried a firearm (I'd go, if only to light off a full string of firecrackers and a cherry bomb or two - wouldn't that be a hoot?).

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

The Tea Party does not appeal to those of us who supported Ron Paul in 2008. We have no interest in an interventionist foreign policy.

The Tea Party, as such, appeals to the fringe, those so far right they meet the far left.

Not even remotely. The Tea Party appeals to those who believe in big government abroad but not here at home. That's not the fringe, that's just the typical conservative.

A big issue with the TP is National security and it differs greatly then that of the libertarian party.
Perhaps you should stick to TeaParty? The abbreviation kinda... not so good...

The Tea Party does not appeal to those of us who supported Ron Paul in 2008. We have no interest in an interventionist foreign policy.

The Tea Party, as such, appeals to the fringe, those so far right they meet the far left.

Not even remotely. The Tea Party appeals to those who believe in big government abroad but not here at home. That's not the fringe, that's just the typical conservative.

where in sam hell did you get that idea? dingbat!

Forum List

Back