Tough decision

Discussion in 'Environment' started by whitehall, May 14, 2011.

1. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,689
    How would you like to be one of the 25,000 people who own 11,000 structures sacrificed to save Baton Rouge and New Orleans? You thought you were out of harms way and then the Army Corps of Engineers opens the dam and you are under 25 ft. of water. I'd be pretty bitter. What's Obama going to do about it? Probably nothing since 25,000 Cajin votes don't count for much.

2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Actually every year owners of the subject land get a letter from the Engineer Corps reminding them that they will not be held harmless from flooding made necessary by the necessary functioning of the the dam as intended when it was built.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    To borrow from the conservatives, you have to take personal responsibility for yourself. You knew what a spillway was, and you knew they would blow it one day if the flooding got bad enough. Well that day is here so it is time for them to suck it up and drive on. If we end up bailing any of them out I'll be pissed, especially if they are businesses.

As for Obama, what do you want him to do about it? go down and fill sand bags? Oh..Oh..I know you want him to spend more money we don't have? Perhaps he should be down there, personally, helping people move out of their homes.

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,689
    You libs are just like us conservatives sometimes ain't cha (when a democrat is in office)? War is good, patriotism is in and people should have more personal responsibility. That's good. Lets hear more.

5. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Awe come on you have been trying to get me to convert to conservatism for a long time now. Now I adopt the conservative mantra and your still upset. Perhaps Obama is right...there is just no pleasing conservatives.

6. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,689
    Calm down spec. Nobody is trying to convert you but it appears that the radicals are fine with political assassination and bombing and respect for the Military and personal responsibility as long as a democrat is in the white house. I'm on your side in this situation. The Cajins should be able to take personal responsibility for the disaster even though it was the Corps of Engineers who cranked open the floodgates.

7. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I like your use of the word "radical" because liberals and conservatives both have become radicals and extremeists on every issue. I don't know if it taking responsibility is the right terminology, perhaps it is stupidity, or it might be taking personal responsibility for their stupid descision to live there.

8. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    What exactly could Obama do about it?.. :eusa_eh:

9. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,929
    At least this way we avoid another New Orleans riot.

10. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,275
    I don't see this as a tough decision. Those that chose to live in a spillway know quite well the risk they take. The results of not opening the spillway could be catastrophic for the Port of New Orleans and the Port of Baton Rouge.