Tough decision

I think I got it...your upset because

GWB failed to get Bin Laden... Obama succeeded in getting Bin Laden.

GWB failed during the Katrina disaster...Obama succeeded with the flood.

Score.... GWB - 0 - Obama -2-

Obama proving yet again that anyone is better than Bush.

Given that I was one of that generation that was thrown under the bus in order to save dominos from falling in SE Asia?

And given that those dominos didn't fall, but instead they became most favorered trade partners with the USA even though we lost that war, you mean?

I guess, yes, I'd still be pretty bitter about it if it was my home that was not saved so that other homes were.

And I'd be even more bitter if I discovered that my home hadn't HAVE TO HAVE BEEN destroyed in order to save those others, too.

Last edited:
Seems to me that the issue should be on the two areas of our food crops are being destroyed. Will it destroy the farm land? Will those areas ever be able to grow crops again? Food prices are going up and now a shortage will drive it up even further.
The people who have flood insurance will not get compensated because this is not a natural disaster. It was Men who made this decision, not a natural disaster.
I agree with Old Rocks that if you live in a flood plane you should build the homes higher or like they do in the Netherlands. The Dutch are building amphibious houses.

Seems to me that the issue should be on the two areas of our food crops are being destroyed. Will it destroy the farm land? Will those areas ever be able to grow crops again?

Now Peachy, just how do you think all that rich soil got there in the first place? Do you understand what a flood plain is?

Will Norfolk Drown?

Food prices are going up and now a shortage will drive it up even further.

Well, yes, food prices will go up, much of this farmland will not have a crop this year. And then there is the problem of all the other places in the world that have had crops destroyed by weather related event in the last 12 months.

The people who have flood insurance will not get compensated because this is not a natural disaster. It was Men who made this decision, not a natural disaster.

No, it is a natural disaster. That land would have been flooded in any case. Just not as deeply. If the insurance companies welch on such policies as they do have in this area, then the government should seize their assets to pay on the policies. However, I bet almost every policy has a rider about this kind of flood.

I agree with Old Rocks that if you live in a flood plane you should build the homes higher or like they do in the Netherlands. The Dutch are building amphibious houses.

In most areas, a ten foot foundation would have the house out of harms way. When living on a flood plain, build for a flood.

In most areas, a ten foot foundation would have the house out of harms way. When living on a flood plain, build for a flood.

I will say this about that: a foundation elevated ten feet above existing grade would exclude almost everyone from building for both practical and financial reasons.

Maybe a requirement like that would do the trick in both regards; keep fools from building in deliberately floodable areas, and protect those who have substantical reasons to do so. Even that would require expensive services and rescues a lot like lost hikers and mountain climbers so often do.

Enforcement of financial discipline like mandatory flood insurance for all improvements built in those places would be a simpler solution. But we simply do not have the political will to do that.

Last edited:
How would you like to be one of the 25,000 people who own 11,000 structures sacrificed to save Baton Rouge and New Orleans? You thought you were out of harms way and then the Army Corps of Engineers opens the dam and you are under 25 ft. of water. I'd be pretty bitter. What's Obama going to do about it? Probably nothing since 25,000 Cajin votes don't count for much.

Lordy, lordy, Whitey, you are just as dumb as they come. Yes, 25,000 people who have been reminded yearly that should worst come to worst, they will be flooded. That is 25.000 people and farms, rather than several hundred people and chemical plants, refineries, and ports being flooded.

We have a one hundred year flood in progress. It is what the spillways were built for. In fact, if you were to read the history of that area, you might note that the Indians that lived there built their houses on stilts. Could that be a clue, perhaps.

What is really bothering you is that we have two huge natural disasters and there aftermath in progress. The tornados and a one hundred year Mississippi Flood. And both are being handled competantly at all levels of government. Seems our present President is capable of being 'concerned' about a number of things that affect our nation.

So 25,000 people gotta grin and bear it. Someone should check but I think the last time the federal government did something like this was back during the TVA. Nobody gave a damn about those people either. My point is that something should have been done for the people who lost their property other than citing the "greater good". Libs can be callus bastards when push comes to shove depending on which party is in office ans who the victims are.

I think I got it...your upset because

GWB failed to get Bin Laden... Obama succeeded in getting Bin Laden.

GWB failed during the Katrina disaster...Obama succeeded with the flood.

Score.... GWB - 0 - Obama -2-

Obama proving yet again that anyone is better than Bush.

Indeed!!!!!

And his approval ratings are back down to 47% this weekend according to Gallup and Rasmussen.

I told everybody two weeks ago that in short order the OBL thing wouldnt mean dick. The country could care less about gay shit like global warming and a dead terrorist right now. They are shitting in their pants with the economy and we have a far left guy at the helm!!!

tokyo-4-festival-p-073_3-11.jpg

keep thinking that and wait till the election is right on top of you and your candidate ( whatever right wing hack who can make it through the gaunlet of lies they have to spout to please the far right base) is being crushed.

keep thinking that and wait till the election is right on top of you and your candidate ( whatever right wing hack who can make it through the gaunlet of lies they have to spout to please the far right base) is being crushed.

2010-Congressional-Election-Map.jpg

meh..................

perhaps he'll get out every swinging TAKER dick to vote next year and squeak in..........but I doubt it. This fraud won due to one thing only: support of independents, which is now gone.

In any case...........The House will be controlled by the GOP for the next 6 years so no matter what, this asshole cannot do any more damage.:tomato::funnyface:

How would you like to be one of the 25,000 people who own 11,000 structures sacrificed to save Baton Rouge and New Orleans? You thought you were out of harms way and then the Army Corps of Engineers opens the dam and you are under 25 ft. of water. I'd be pretty bitter. What's Obama going to do about it? Probably nothing since 25,000 Cajin votes don't count for much.

Lordy, lordy, Whitey, you are just as dumb as they come. Yes, 25,000 people who have been reminded yearly that should worst come to worst, they will be flooded. That is 25.000 people and farms, rather than several hundred people and chemical plants, refineries, and ports being flooded.

We have a one hundred year flood in progress. It is what the spillways were built for. In fact, if you were to read the history of that area, you might note that the Indians that lived there built their houses on stilts. Could that be a clue, perhaps.

What is really bothering you is that we have two huge natural disasters and there aftermath in progress. The tornados and a one hundred year Mississippi Flood. And both are being handled competantly at all levels of government. Seems our present President is capable of being 'concerned' about a number of things that affect our nation.
The Morganza flood plain, the Atchafalaya Basin, is about the size of the state of Connecticut. I have fished in the Atchafalaya Swamp as a kid many years ago. There isn't really a lot in the flood plain, mostly swamp, oil and gas wells, fishing camps, some farmland, and a few very small towns. I heard an interview this morning with a resident who discussed the flooding situation. Everyone knows that floodwaters will come eventually. Even without the spillway opening, there is always some flooding. It’s just part of life in that part of the country. When the floodwaters recede, the people will return cleanup and rebuild just as they have done in the past.

You look outside and the sun is shining. There is no sign of flooding and your home and fields have been safe for 83 years. How do you feel when the sheriff comes around and evicts you from your own property? How do you feel when you find out that your home will be sacrificed so that others might be out of danger? According to accounts by the liberal media the people are tolerating the situation and are quietly leaving the only homes some of them evet knew and driving to an uncertain future in a downward sliding economy.
Most likely that farmland would not exist without the system of levies and spillways that control the water level in Basin.

In normal stage, the level of the Mississippi is about 20 feet above New Orleans. The bottom of the river chanel is 200' below New Orleans. Guess what would happen if it breeched it's banks.....Katrina was a bug fart.

Last edited:
In normal stage, the level of the Mississippi is about 20 feet above New Orleans. The bottom of the river chanel is 200' below New Orleans. Guess what would happen if it breeched it's banks.....Katrina was a bug fart.
I don't know where you get 20 feet from. The maximum height of the levies are 23 feet. So a 3 foot rise in the river would breach the levies. During high water the river will normally rise 10 to 20 feet.

In normal stage, the level of the Mississippi is about 20 feet above New Orleans. The bottom of the river channel is 200' below New Orleans. Guess what would happen if it breeched it's banks.....Katrina was a bug fart.
I don't know where you get 20 feet from. The maximum height of the levies are 23 feet. So a 3 foot rise in the river would breach the levies. During high water the river will normally rise 10 to 20 feet.

I sort of eye balled it... might have been off by 6 inches.

A 200 foot deep channel...well.

What exactly could Obama do about it?.. :eusa_eh:

Here's the deal, Bush was blamed for Katrina because FEMA was FEMA. Katrina was a natural disaster and the inbred democrat dominated La. state government spent the levee money on other projects and the N.O. mayor was hiding while his constituents had no way of evacuating. Democrat dominated media blamed Bush for the typical bureaucratic problems inherent in FEMA.. Now the 25,000 poor people are flooded out as a direct cause of the federal government's decision. I'd be really pissed if the federal government decided to flood me out. How does the president plan to compensate the people? Nobody cares?

So you are upset because people aren't treating Obama like they did Bush, and now you are tyring to point out the hypocracy. Am I right?

If I am right the problem is that this plan of the spill way has been in effect for a long time and these people knew it and were reminded of it every year. This did not sneak up on them, and all other alternatives were looked at before settling on this course of action. The president may want to compensate these people but I doubt the Republican house will be willing to spend the money. When it comes to caring I'm sure every bleeding heart liberal like Sean Penn will be down there raising money for the victims and doing what they can to help. Yes... that's right I didn't say bleeding heart conservative because you won't see people like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Riley donating their time, because they will be on air bitching about Sean Penn.
Only problem with your scenario is that Penn wouldn't go to the aid of these 25,000 Cajuns. 200,000 black Democratic voters in New Orleans with Bush as President, yes but nothing that may shed a harsh light on the Messiah.

So 25,000 people gotta grin and bear it. Someone should check but I think the last time the federal government did something like this was back during the TVA. Nobody gave a damn about those people either. My point is that something should have been done for the people who lost their property other than citing the "greater good". Libs can be callus bastards when push comes to shove depending on which party is in office ans who the victims are.

Whitey, for God's sake. Are you trying to prove you are a dumb ass? The TVA was a dam that flooded an area not previously flooded. The area being flooded has been flooded every time the Mississippi flooded. The choice is hundreds of thousands of people, chemical plants, petroleum refineries, and docks being flooded, or a traditional flood plain with small towns and farms.

Were they too allow the refineries to flood, and the price of gas were to go up 50 cents, you would be the first on the board to announce it was all our President's and the dirty 'libruls' fault.

Here's the deal, Bush was blamed for Katrina because FEMA was FEMA. Katrina was a natural disaster and the inbred democrat dominated La. state government spent the levee money on other projects and the N.O. mayor was hiding while his constituents had no way of evacuating. Democrat dominated media blamed Bush for the typical bureaucratic problems inherent in FEMA.. Now the 25,000 poor people are flooded out as a direct cause of the federal government's decision. I'd be really pissed if the federal government decided to flood me out. How does the president plan to compensate the people? Nobody cares?

So you are upset because people aren't treating Obama like they did Bush, and now you are tyring to point out the hypocracy. Am I right?

If I am right the problem is that this plan of the spill way has been in effect for a long time and these people knew it and were reminded of it every year. This did not sneak up on them, and all other alternatives were looked at before settling on this course of action. The president may want to compensate these people but I doubt the Republican house will be willing to spend the money. When it comes to caring I'm sure every bleeding heart liberal like Sean Penn will be down there raising money for the victims and doing what they can to help. Yes... that's right I didn't say bleeding heart conservative because you won't see people like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Riley donating their time, because they will be on air bitching about Sean Penn.
Only problem with your scenario is that Penn wouldn't go to the aid of these 25,000 Cajuns. 200,000 black Democratic voters in New Orleans with Bush as President, yes but nothing that may shed a harsh light on the Messiah.

What a fucking racist redneck you truly are. Total idiotic drivel on your part.

Obviously, You have never lived in Southern Louisiana.

I have.

Anyone who lives there and tells you they thought they were "out of harms way" of 25 ft of water is lieing:

Darkest Green = BELOW SEA LEVEL
louisiana-nc.gif

Forum List

Back