Torture

And who controled the intel by listening to known liars and torturing for wanted outcomes?

Try and keep up..... we did NOT torture anyone to get intell in the run up to Iraq.

Stupid girl.

This is not about torture. It's about one man. Focus, truthdon'tmatter, focus.

So you think no afgan was tortured before we went into Iraq?

Please prove this

This thread is about one man and his intel. You want to derail it, I don't. Start yet another one of your stupid bitchfest threads if you want to rant about torture, you stupid girl.

5 Myths About Torture and Truth - washingtonpost.com

Torture does not work.

It has been known for decades that it produces bad intel.

The Bush team jumped right into torture as soon as they could so they could produce the intel they wanted so they could do what they wanted.

Waterboarding isn't torture.

Simulating death isn't torture.

Read that out loud.

It's not simulated death, it's a psychological tick that temporarily puts a person trained to resist interrogation off balance. I never thought I was going to die when I was waterboarded.

And who controled the intel by listening to known liars and torturing for wanted outcomes?

Try and keep up..... we did NOT torture anyone to get intell in the run up to Iraq.

Stupid girl.

while curveball was not tortured, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi. was. oops, sorry, he was interrogated enhanceativately by the CIA, and tortured by the egyptians. convenient.

Stupid girl.

while curveball was not tortured, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi. was. oops, sorry, he was interrogated enhanceativately by the CIA, and tortured by the egyptians. convenient.

This thread isn't about torture. It's about bad intel from one individual. Are you not capable of following simple facts?

If its about bad intel then it is about torture.

Curveball was a known liar and a self admitted theif and the Bush admin took his word as gold.

It was clintons downsized intelligence agencies that gave Bush the lies, if they were lies. Clintons fault!!!

Oh I see , Bush believed a known liar and tortured people in Afganistan because Clinton?
Lets feel sorry for the scumbag terrorist who attacked us and killed 3000 people. Who care if they were waterboarded? I say more of it is appropriate.

It was clintons downsized intelligence agencies that gave Bush the lies, if they were lies. Clintons fault!!!

Which was actually my point earlier in the thread - before truthdon'tmatter decided she didn't like the topic and derailed it into one of her rants about 'torture'.

Our clandestine service is a mess. And has been since Clinton fucked it up. If we had supported our clandestine service properly and given them the tools to do their job well, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in with Afghanistan and Iraq.

Which was actually my point earlier in the thread - before truthdon'tmatter decided she didn't like the topic and derailed it into one of her rants about 'torture'.

Our clandestine service is a mess. And has been since Clinton fucked it up. If we had supported our clandestine service properly and given them the tools to do their job well, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in with Afghanistan and Iraq.

To be fair, Clinton certainly made things worse but our clandestine services were already completely fucked up before he left Arkansas. The methods of our Intelligence Community under Reagan and Bush '41 were completely wrong. If it didn't fit into the mold of US-Soviet style "spy vs. spy" it was only luck that anything suitable resulted at all.

That said, ignoring the threat posed by problems in the Gulf did indeed make things much worse.

Waterboarding isn't torture.

Read that out loud.

It's not simulated death, it's a psychological tick that temporarily puts a person trained to resist interrogation off balance. I never thought I was going to die when I was waterboarded.

Right, because you were already educated on it, you already knew the outcome. Simulating drowning is simulating death.

I don't give a damn about torturing terrorists from a morality point of view, here's why I'm against it.

1.) If someone is waterboarding me I'm going to say whatever I have to say to make them stop, truth or lie is inconsequential.

2.) Normalizing people to the idea of waterboarding, making it mainstream, then it later being used against US citizens down the road.

Read that out loud.

Right, because you were already educated on it, you already knew the outcome. Simulating drowning is simulating death.

I don't give a damn about torturing terrorists from a morality point of view, here's why I'm against it.

1.) If someone is waterboarding me I'm going to say whatever I have to say to make them stop, truth or lie is inconsequential.

2.) Normalizing people to the idea of waterboarding, making it mainstream, then it later being used against US citizens down the road.

It produces bad intel and that was decided decades ago.

Why did bush bring it back?

To get bad intel he could use for political purposes.

Now these people here are blaming Clinton for Bush accepting a known liars words.

Read that out loud.

Huh? When was I supposedly already educated on it? I've been waterboarded and I've been revived after being pulled from the bottom of a pool. The two sensations were not even close to being similar.

Fair points. That said, waterboarding isn't particularly effective on people not already hardened by anti-interrogation training. Therefore those points don't apply. They also should not apply from that basis due to the existing methods our own government already uses against US citizens to get information such as the threat to take children away or incarcerate family members.

If people want and example of torture, THAT is torture.

Last edited:
it is torture and you are evil if you think it is not.

It is simulated drowning and it produces bad intel.

Now why would you want bad intel?

I think we already know that answer

It produces bad intel and that was decided decades ago.

Why did bush bring it back?

To get bad intel he could use for political purposes.

Now these people here are blaming Clinton for Bush accepting a known liars words.

I'm not going to get into this silly republican-democrat drivel, extraordinary rendition of US terror suspects in foreign countries is the real problem.

Then who gets the bill to pay the rewards for Egypt's, Jordan's, Morocco's and Uzbekistan's efforts? You guessed it, the american taxpayer.

Forum List

Back