Torture

It's not simulated death, it's a psychological tick that temporarily puts a person trained to resist interrogation off balance. I never thought I was going to die when I was waterboarded.

Right, because you were already educated on it, you already knew the outcome. Simulating drowning is simulating death.

I don't give a damn about torturing terrorists from a morality point of view, here's why I'm against it.

1.) If someone is waterboarding me I'm going to say whatever I have to say to make them stop, truth or lie is inconsequential.

2.) Normalizing people to the idea of waterboarding, making it mainstream, then it later being used against US citizens down the road.

It produces bad intel and that was decided decades ago.

Why did bush bring it back?

To get bad intel he could use for political purposes.

Now these people here are blaming Clinton for Bush accepting a known liars words.

It can (like all interrogation methods) produce inaccurate intel, that's why one specific tactic should never be used exclusively.

So if torture produces bad intel and Curveball provided bad intel but was not tortured should we look into the methods used on him and ban those too?

The whole reason they tortured people is so they could create the intelligence they wanted.

They were not merely dupes they were creators of false evidence.

This Thread was Started by Intense to give it It's own Platform, rather than Divert from another Platform. Please Keep the Threads on Topic, it is unfair to the other Posters to Derail Threads.

Edited

Curveball was a known liar and bush and team treated his word like gold for the same reason they tortured to recieve the intell they wanted.

It's not simulated death, it's a psychological tick that temporarily puts a person trained to resist interrogation off balance. I never thought I was going to die when I was waterboarded.

Right, because you were already educated on it, you already knew the outcome. Simulating drowning is simulating death.

Huh? When was I supposedly already educated on it? I've been waterboarded and I've been revived after being pulled from the bottom of a pool. The two sensations were not even close to being similar.

I don't give a damn about torturing terrorists from a morality point of view, here's why I'm against it.

1.) If someone is waterboarding me I'm going to say whatever I have to say to make them stop, truth or lie is inconsequential.

2.) Normalizing people to the idea of waterboarding, making it mainstream, then it later being used against US citizens down the road.

Fair points. That said, waterboarding isn't particularly effective on people not already hardened by anti-interrogation training. Therefore those points don't apply. They also should not apply from that basis due to the existing methods our own government already uses against US citizens to get information such as the threat to take children away or incarcerate family members.

If people want and example of torture, THAT is torture.

Even if you aren't hardened I don't think that'd make a difference. If my friend is a fugitive who I think is innocent and the government is trying to get an answer out of me through waterboarding as to his whereabouts I'm still going to tell them a lie to help my friend out.

Last edited:
The whole reason they tortured people is so they could create the intelligence they wanted. They were not merely dupes they were creators of false evidence.
And soon, President Obama will be signing the Patriot Act extension into Law that allows "Waire taps" and "redition". I'm sure you'll be leading protests against Obama and his administration for that.

For those of you in Rio Linda, "rendition" means handing a suspect over to a foreign country so that "enhanced interrogation techniques" (torture) can be used. Just so you know.

The whole reason they tortured people is so they could create the intelligence they wanted. They were not merely dupes they were creators of false evidence.
And soon, President Obama will be signing the Patriot Act extension into Law that allows "Waire taps" and "redition". I'm sure you'll be leading protests against Obama and his administration for that.

For those of you in Rio Linda, "rendition" means handing a suspect over to a foreign country so that "enhanced interrogation techniques" (torture) can be used. Just so you know.

Yep, has been going on for awhile, went on during the obama administration with an all democrat congress, and will be going on for a long time.

What is trouture?

Having to read anything truthdesntmatter has to say.

now thats some torture!

What is the po-culture definition of torture these days? The use of fear to obtain information? Any idea of how many times the Allies used fear and intimidation to obtain information during WW2? Would slapping around a POW or punching him be considered torture if it happened during the "greatest generation"? How long was the "waterboarding" technique in the Psy-Ops manual? Our own agents went through it in training. Was it OK as long as we didn't use it on the enemy? More people (were tortured?) died in Teddy Kennedy's car than during waterboarding sessions.

Huh? When was I supposedly already educated on it? I've been waterboarded and I've been revived after being pulled from the bottom of a pool. The two sensations were not even close to being similar.

Fair points. That said, waterboarding isn't particularly effective on people not already hardened by anti-interrogation training. Therefore those points don't apply. They also should not apply from that basis due to the existing methods our own government already uses against US citizens to get information such as the threat to take children away or incarcerate family members.

If people want and example of torture, THAT is torture.

Even if you aren't hardened I don't think that'd make a difference. If my friend is a fugitive who I think is innocent and the government is trying to get an answer out of me through waterboarding as to his whereabouts I'm still going to tell them a lie to help my friend out.

Which is why the method would not be productive.

Forum List

Back